Join the Assassins (Features & Download v2.01)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
9eoavqc6j1ik.png

Salim turns around while pulling his knife out of the body from the guy he had just killed. He starts running away quickly and Peasants and Merchants come across him while he runs through the streets of Jelkala. Finally he finds the place he was looking for. The market of Jelkala, a great place to hide under the people. He quickly puts his knife back into his boots and approaches a group of peasants that look at the stand of a fish merchant. He starts talking to the peasants about the weather and how good this month is for fishing. But suddenly, someone grabs his arm and pulls him away. He tries to scream, but the person that has grabbed him quickly puts his hand into Salim's mouth. No one can hear the cry. Finally, Salim is pulled into an empty side street. There, he can finally see who dragged him away. He looks up into the face of an old man with green eyes and brown hair that is covered under a small straw hat. He has a flintlock pistol in his hand and presses it onto Salim's nose. "Your journey ends here, Salim." Those are the last words Salim hears in his life. The noise from the marketplace is suddenly interrupted by the loud sound of a firing flintlock pistol. But when the guards approach the place where Salim was killed, all they find is his body. No trace of his murderer. The Assassin has already walked away and is disguising in the crowd on the marketplace, now wearing a felt hat instead of the small straw hat. No guard will ever find him. But maybe another assassin will.

Short description of the mod:

There are many important people in Calradia and even more people that would like to see those important persons dead. Assassins are hired to kill local merchants, guild masters and even lords. If they don't succed, they might be hanged or killed by the town guard. But being an assassins brings one big advantage: You are always needed somewhere in Calradia and you always get a lot of money if you succeed. But the goal in this mod is not to kill important persons like local merchants, no. The goal is to kill the other assassins that try to steal your jobs and, even more important, the money you will earn for this job. In various towns of Calradia,the assassins begin slaughtering each other. But most of the time it is very hard to find an assassin, they are masters of disguise. So maybe you can stand next to a person and talk with him, and after the talk when you turn around, you have a knife in your back. There is only one solution for this: Be the first to stab a knife into your "colleagues". But beware, if you kill to many townsmen, the guard will become aware of the assassins and you will all have big problems.

• Various towns from singleplayer, edited to fit into the game perfectly.
  • Choose from 4 equipment classes: Daggers, A sword or Axe (Those are one class), a mace, a flintlock pistol or a crossbow.
  • Ambience sounds. Town walkers cry sentences and talk to each other, the smith and the carpenter work and dogs bark.
  • Refill your ammo if it is empty.
  • Wash the blood from your clothes.
  • get random armor, boots and helmets from a wide range of townsman equipment when spawning.
  • Your weapons are assigned automatically when you choose the class and confirm on the "choose equipment" screen.
  • 5 empty maps for mappers that have always dreamed of making a map for Assassins.
  • You can walk using the "shift" key.
  • Buy food to heal yourself

There is one video from the mod so far. The string "raise ladder" on the armors and so on was changed after the video was made.
Video

Download:
Download (ge.tt)
Simply extract it to the "modules" folder.

Warning: Due to some problems, the mod can not be played on a local server yet without problems. On a local server it could be that all the bots just stand around where they spawned with the same equipment. Also, the host will probably take command of a bot automatically. Simply choose a class and you will spawn, this is no problem. If you kill a bot, he will instantly respawn and do as he should. So they have random equipment then and walk around. So it could be needed to kill all 70 bots when playing on a local server before you are able to play fine. We are working on that.

Update 2.01
- Guard with Throwing Weapons added, not sure about balancing though, but should be fine.
- Crossbow made better for both Guards and Asssassins (More Accuracy)
- Increased Damage of all Two Handed Weapons (Only a small amount, not that much more, but should be fine to onehit kill with almost every hit now)
- Slowed down the dagger a bit
- Fixed a bug with the Assassin with Crossbow not having any Crossbow Skill at all
- New Events
- Assassin Hunt Admin Menu fix (You can now start any Event whenever you want to, no more bugs with smith events in the menu any longer
- And I will hopefully fix a bug with the new smith event. The new Smith is in the wrong team and sometimes the event triggers, but the other smith is not even dead. I will hopefully fix that too
- I will also update the pistol and make the sound come from where the shooter stands, I hope I can get it to work  properly.
- If I can get the thing with the pistol to work I will also add a key command for Guards to warn others. (There are Sounds like "Hey, you there, Stop!" in Native, I will use these.
- The studded leather coat will be replaced with something that fits better (Studded leather coat even has a chainmail...)
- Autokick now at -5 Kills
- Change Weapon of AI Guards to a normal two handed weapon like a bardiche or something.
- Guards no longer spawn with weapons sheathed
- Scene features (Change some things, like the guards and other things in the town, the mapper can place one of these to make his scene more special, there is one for now and of course the standard one where everything is as it has been before.
- 3 empty custom maps for tdm mode
- Map names for tdm fixed
- Some weapon fixes

Update 1.2
- Get something to eat, every map now has one point where you can buy food. Carry it with you like a weapon and when you attack with it, around 33% of your life is healed. But beware, the food costs 200. Watch out for merchant signs on the maps, most of the time the points where you can buy food are close to them.
- A new class: The Assassin with Mace. This adds a blunt weapon to the game that has a bit more speed than the axe but less than the sword, does a bit less damage than the sword and has a bit more range than the axe. The best thing about it is that you can knock down enemies!
- 2 new Maps, one by Reggae and one by Arto. They feature a assassins creed style map with many ways to get on rooftops and so on (Arto's Map) and the first night map in this mod (Reggae's Map)!
- Events! Every two minutes there is a (very small) change that something happens in the town or around the town. But I will not tell you what might happen. You will see a big message when an event triggers/ends. There are three different ones atm, and more will come.
- Pistol has now more damage and will one hit everything. No more dissappointing moments when using the pistol.
- Bots now have the same stats as players and have no longer less life. So if someone survives a sword hit, you can't be sure any longer that he is a player.
- One known issue: the strings when using the armors and ammo refill place and so on might just show "raise ladder" string, I can't fix this atm.

Update 1.1
There is a new update released. Changes:

- added NPC merchants (they do nothing atm)
- You can now walk and don't need to run. Hold the "shift" key for this. Due to Warband, you can not assign another key than "shift" for that. So I recommend assigning the zoom key to another one, I use "q".
- added a new map (a very big one, thx to Reggae.)
- added a new system: If the server has more than 8 slots, there will be 100 instead of 70 bots.
- Minor weapon balance tweaks, nothing interesting here
- you are now only kicked when having -10 points and not longer if you kill 10 town walkers in total, the system i first tried for this did not seem to work.
- there is a new folder called "Server Templates" in the module folder where you cna find a predefined server template to host a dedicated server if you want to. Simply change things like password, welcome message, slot number and server name, the other things should stay as they are.

Patta - Main Scripter
Kekse - Maps and Scenes
Reggae - Maps and Scenes
DathTaco - Models and Textures

Servers:
IT_Assassin_Hunt: Server location: Germany
IT_Assassin_Hunt_TDM: Server location: Germany

If you want to host your own server: Important: Both factions must be "The Assassins". Also, the map names might be a bit confusing. The names point to the ids of the native towns we used.

Steam group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/assassin_hunt/
This is the Steam Group of Assassin Hunt. Feel free to join in and search for players there.

Thanks to Belendor for the great banner!

A small server side Fix was applied to the servers.

Changes:
- Some changes to weapons, Guards should now be able to pick up their bows again for example.
- Guards can now no longer disguise

Version 2.01 is released!

Changes:

- Guard with Throwing Weapons added, not sure about balancing though, but should be fine.
- Crossbow made better for both Guards and Asssassins (More Accuracy)
- Increased Damage of all Two Handed Weapons (Only a small amount, not that much more, but should be fine to onehit kill with almost every hit now)
- Slowed down the dagger a bit
- Fixed a bug with the Assassin with Crossbow not having any Crossbow Skill at all
- New Events
- Assassin Hunt Admin Menu fix (You can now start any Event whenever you want to, no more bugs with smith events in the menu any longer
- And I will hopefully fix a bug with the new smith event. The new Smith is in the wrong team and sometimes the event triggers, but the other smith is not even dead. I will hopefully fix that too
- I will also update the pistol and make the sound come from where the shooter stands, I hope I can get it to work  properly.
- If I can get the thing with the pistol to work I will also add a key command for Guards to warn others. (There are Sounds like "Hey, you there, Stop!" in Native, I will use these.
- The studded leather coat will be replaced with something that fits better (Studded leather coat even has a chainmail...)
- Autokick now at -5 Kills
- Change Weapon of AI Guards to a normal two handed weapon like a bardiche or something.
- Guards no longer spawn with weapons sheathed
- Scene features (Change some things, like the guards and other things in the town, the mapper can place one of these to make his scene more special, there is one for now and of course the standard one where everything is as it has been before.
- 3 empty custom maps for tdm mode
- Map names for tdm fixed
- Some weapon fixes
- You can now warn other guards. Simply press "q" to make a sound.
- Assassins get slower if they carry books (for each book you carry you get slower)

For some reasons, we have a wrong map-version on the server. Most of the maps, at least those from FFA Mode, are broken it seems. Yu can still play them, but some persons from events and things like that will spawn outside the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom