Javelin Exploit

Users who are viewing this thread

This is the reason for it.
Going to play around with the perks to mitigate it, but the mechanics will not change.
What about automatically dropping an empty quiver? Like it happens really often that you have an empty quiver and want to pickup another spear / sword etc. but you firstly have to choose one weapon to drop.. even tho that empty javelin slot is just wasted at that moment.

How about changing the mechanic so that you can only pick up javelins when you already have a quiver.
So when you have jereeds and another player has light javelins both can fill up with the throwables but the Jereed player can't create a stack of light Javelins ( unless the other player would drop his quiver but then he wouldn't be able to use throwables anymore)

How about changing the mechanic so that you can only pick up javelins when you already have a quiver.
So when you have jereeds and another player has light javelins both can fill up with the throwables but the Jereed player can't create a stack of light Javelins ( unless the other player would drop his quiver but then he wouldn't be able to use throwables anymore)
Then other troops can not pick up and use any javelins off the ground

[/QUOTE]
Correct.

Edit:
That's an insensive to play Skirmisher .That way they stand out. And it also encourages what most of the infantry players want: Melee combat.

Also you could pick up a quiver if you kill somebody while he has javelins selected.
Problem is if you die and have an empty quiver you don't drop it, also this makes throwing way less "dangerous" as you know if your opponent can or cannot pick it up. If they cannot pick it up the incentive to throw is bigger as they can't throw it at you anyways.

Knuzait for example never gets quivers.

I am sure that can be changed.

I don't understand your point.
How is the incentive to throw making it less dangerous?
Currently there is a risk if you throw then they can throw it back so the incentive is lower, if you don't hit you basically give them a throwing weapon.

If they are heavy inf or knuzait you don't have a quiver and cannot get one meaning that the risk of throwing is lowered as they can't throw it back at you.

Currently there is a risk if you throw then they can throw it back so the incentive is lower, if you don't hit you basically give them a throwing weapon.

Yeah but when they throw it back, you can also again throw it back.

If you don't have the access to throwables yourself you will be forced to focus on your defense.
And in theory heavy inf should win against skirmishers in melee.

So there is risk and reward either way.
The Skirmisher will have to hit his throwables since he won't get any back, and if he missed his shots he is in a worden situation.
On the other side, if you go heavy inf, you pick it to have the superior melee class.
So you lose utility in exchange for strength / bulkiness.
So you risk getting pelted by javs but you gamble to win the inf fight afterwards.

You don't really want to propose, that in a game with a focus on directional melee combat it's fine to solve confrontation by an emphasis on javelin use?

There is a javelin exploit to turn bad javelins into good javelins.I don't think it's a feature,and it should be fixed.

There is a clip to turn bad javelins into good ones.

This could be remedied all together by just having one type of javelin, or maybe just having cosmetic variations for different factions. I'm not sure why there needs to be several types of javelin since balance is non existent.

Is actual damage output tested? Cant believe the actual object is altered. If not - devs why not use ur CS degree to solve that? Seems like a classic case for a stack or decorator. Correct me if I'm wrong

Back
Top Bottom