Javelin Exploit

Users who are viewing this thread

There is a javelin exploit to turn bad javelins into good javelins.I don't think it's a feature,and it should be fixed.

There is a clip to turn bad javelins into good ones.

I think the intention is supposed to be a convenient way for players to quickly replenish their throwing weapons. In Warband, the only way you could refill these things is to pick up an exact duplicate of whatever throwing weapon quivers you have on your person.

Kinda the main reason why I think the Jereed quiver should have a maximum of 6 and have the Jereed perk 2 selection be removed, since Axe + Jereed is kind of a non-option for the Aserai Skirmisher.

Javelin conversion mechanic needs to go. It's a big reason for skirmisher spam being a regularly occuring problem, particularly in pubs.

Plus, I don't think the duplication "bug" can be cleanly solved without the mechanic being altogether gone.

The quality of life aspect is really good. As long as the good javs have smaller ammo its a tradeoff. You trade 6 bad javs for 3 good.

This has always been the case even in warband if you do it properly? I have done this with bolts many times, one person takes a shield and gives it to the cav while the other xbow takes strong bolts and gives them to the other xbow. The only difference with warband is that it is actually harder in warband as you need a full inventory to do this.

You can see that this is intended behaviour by looking at archers, you can fill your stronger arrows with weaker arrows you find on the ground.

I prefer the system of Warband as that actually feels a bit more polished, only if you have a full inventory you fill-up the stack of whatever you have if your inventory is not full you just take it on as an extra item.

Fixing this would be a royal pain in the ass because that would mean that picking up javelins becomes really ****ing annoying.
For example, if you have a spear, shield, sword and 1 light javelin this means that you cannot pick up a random javelin that is not a light javelin as it won't merge into your stack.

It has always been like this in M&B games, Bannerlord just has an even more lenient approach to it. Also, I'm fairly sure that this is in the base game so don't know if they can even fix it in MP without fixing it in SP which might not be desired.

Well back in the day when pilla were 2 per stack you could make a pillum out of any javelin. THAT WAS BROKEN.
So i made a post. Got a response that basically said : " This is by design".
Either way, soon after, pillum were 1 per stack and duplication was impossible.

So im sure the answer is same still. It is by design.
So this isn't rly a bug question.
It's more of a should this really be by design or not xD

And as APRIKOSENMANN said having 6 weaker javelins vs 3 good ones is a fair trade.

I suppose the only "fix" that would make sense to me is to make ammo pouches capable of containing different types of ammo in it. Not sure how hardcoded this stuff is though. Probably quite

I think the intention is supposed to be a convenient way for players to quickly replenish their throwing weapons.
This is the reason for it.
Going to play around with the perks to mitigate it, but the mechanics will not change.

Back
Top Bottom