Japanese translations are faulty

Users who are viewing this thread

Krin

Veteran
M&BWBWF&SVC
Good evening, I'm a Japanese major and I could only skim over some of the translations ( I don't have much time on my hands tonight) and I must say as some are pretty spot on, some are faulty indeed. Below are some of the faults I've found. If you're interested in my help, or in need of a translator I'd be happy to help both in singleplayer and multiplayer.

unknown.png

This says Batania, for the text to be read as Battania you need to add a small tsu, バッタニア is the correct translation.

unknown.png

This says Fuuzaito. for the text to be read as Khuzait, the translation needs to be  クザイト

unknown.png

Text says Voruge, technichally not incorrect since there isn't a Japanese version of the weapon to be associated with, but the more correct translation would be read as Vorugea since we talk about the class, not weapon - ヴォルジェア

unknown.png

Text is read as Kashikan, (Non Commissioned Officer) , for the text to be the correct translation of sergeant (military) it'd have to be 軍曹

unknown.png

Battania's Clan Warrior. Text read as Kuran no Senshi (Clan's Warrior) , for the text to be the correct translation of Clan Warrior, の is not nessecary, クラン戦士 does just fine.

unknown.png

Brigand Class, the text here means robbers/thieves, way too much of an umbrella term. Brigands are "a member of a gang that ambushes and robs people in forests and mountains". The correct term would be 山賊

unknown.png

The Hunter class, this one's hard to explain, as the term used above does mean hunter, but is perhaps not the correct one.Kariudo refers to hunters as a profession and yes, you can refer to hunters as kariudo. Kariudo means hunter, but as an umbrella term. In modern day media the hunters that hunt monsters/giants/anything are also called kariudo, whereas ryoushi 猟師 is a term used solely for small game/big game hunters. The correct "hunter" would be 猟師, not 狩人, but it all depends on your intentions with the game.

unknown.png

Raider class, translation of the above text can be read as intruder/tresspasser. The correct term is in Katakana, " レイダー "

unknown.png

First of all, 射手 is not the correct terminology you'd want to use here, as it is associated with the constellation and not the archers in real life. The correct terminology is 弓兵 read as Kyuuhei , although google translate will tell you otherwise. All of the archer classes in game that has 射手 in their name is to be replaced with 弓兵

Text above is too long, 草原弓兵 (Steppe Archer) will do just fine, if not better.

unknown.png

Text is faulty, ノマド is the correct term for nomads.

unknown.png

I get it, I really get it. "Home(page)" , thus "house" as a translation. Text above means house, for home(page) /home the correct term is ホームページ

unknown.png

Socials tab, faulty. Shakaisei refers to "properties suitable and/or widely accepted in society/social groups". Correct terminology would be   ソーシャル

unknown.png

The Footwork perk , text above reads as ashisabaki, which means foot judgement. I assume you meant ashi ugoki but mistyped that. Albeit that is an ok translation, "foot movement" is still not the best. フットワーク is the term used in martial arts.

Today I am a bit pressed for time, I didn't have much time to check every single text in the game but these are the ones I've found. Again, If you're interested in my help, or in need of a translator I'd be happy to help.

Last edited:

mrArgentum

Sergeant at Arms
Russian localization looks like google translate btw. Same with polish. Seems like the laziest spit in face i ever seen.

Top Bottom