Jagged Alliance : Back in Action

Users who are viewing this thread

Like someone said in the JA:BiA thread in the BSM forum. Coreplay does not have the 'pedigree' in producing a tactical strategy game (their last attempt at a tactical TPS was a disaster), so it's kind of obvious they think people who buy their games will not mind not having an action timer.

The funny thing is that their publisher is no better and ignores everything any veteran JA fan says because apparently we're out of touch with the tactical strategy genre. In truth, we just don't know how to make a game that'll attract casual gamers or the COD crowd. Tactical strategy games were never made for their kind and the bitcomposer-coreplay combo tried to stoop the genre down to their level for JA:BiA.

It is the classic problem of a developer and publisher somehow deluding themselves to believe that a niche game can be made accessible to the casual crowd without any consequences. :lol:

Incompetence at its finest.

The failure of this makes the looming release of those unspeakable XCom and Syndicate remakes even mote entertaining.
Shame though, was somewhat looking forward to this. Ah well, 1.13 it is then.

Its not a failure... maybe for you.

I don't understand what so wrong about the game...
Gameplay solid, plan and go is awesome.
The map is great and in real time which is awesome.

Lot of gun.

I'm enjoying this game and giving it 7 out of 10.

Not perfect but not as bad as you guy make it out to be.

Rebelknight said:
Its not a failure... maybe for you.

I don't understand what so wrong about the game...
Gameplay solid, plan and go is awesome.
The map is great and in real time which is awesome.

Lot of gun.

I'm enjoying this game and giving it 7 out of 10.

Not perfect but not as bad as you guy make it out to be.
To comment on that, it's the little things that made JA2 great. When looking at JA2 from a less detailed perspective, the game sucks, big time. When you add in all the minor but vital details, you get a rewarding experience with a lot of quirks and chuckles. A bare copy of JA2 with a lot of the important gameplay features taken out (barring TB, that is out of discussion), will feel empty in comparison to the vanilla game of the now 12 year old JA2. Also, JA:BiA barely tickles my tactical bone.

[quote author=R@S]
Yup, at least some of them. But there are still some issues that needs the attention of the Coreplay guys to fix, like the limit of how many new weapons and ammunition types you can add. The limit now is actually 5 weapons and 1 ammo type.

I have already filled those spots, if you wanna check it out here's the link:

R@S BiA Mod
[/quote]

Yes, that wobbly piece of **** shat out by the Russians in an outhouse somewhere in Siberia is in fact superior compared to JA:BiA. That's the real bummer most people have I guess.

Edit : Realistic Weapon stat mod and real weapon name mods are out too.

Still playing while waiting for the supposed contents patch. A performance patch came out last night. Finally they don't waste most of the graphical resources into baking ground textures. :lol:

It has its fun (retarded fun).

An example would be when 12 people attack my militias in the roadblock, of which 6 are melee weapon wielding maniacs did a banzai charge towards my militias, and my militias is spread out. Unfortunately the first militia the melee enemies touch is a militia with a .38 revolver, and the bastard didn't even scream an alarm or something for the other militias (about 4-5 meters apart from him) to be on high alert. Fortunately a guy with a machine pistol burst fired the crowd before the final blow can be made and another militia armed with a desert eagle proceeded assisting him, it was looking good for poor nearly dead .38 militia when someone from another side of the roadblock saw the enemy (now only 2 left after Wolf flanked with a shotty and proceeded killing 2 as well) and just pumped buckshot their way. The 2 enemies were not large enough to soak all the buck shots and the .38 militia and the desert eagle militia both lay down on the floor dying from friendly fire.

So yeah, it has its fun but it needs improving. As it stands now, if you intend to beat the game without having some grit, you can just get a descent 20k merc, clear the airport, get a .50 BMG rifle from the trader there and proceed to camp kill in every map, relocating after putting the enemy on alert. Bring along a SPAS 15 (or equivalent cqb weapon) when available for clearing buildings. Get more mercs later on when the enemy start coming in droves of kevlar (Pure fluff in my opinion, since the AI is still kind of flawed), In my current playthrough, I'm sticking to a mid range rifleman (Thor) and a run and gun shotgunner (Wolf). Only just hired meltdown and bought a minimi for her. I'll only be changing Thor to a sniper when I pick a sniper up. Which I did last night, dragunov (Yes, I know the devs used a freaking Zastava and called it a dragun-off :lol:) ftw.

If you don't limit yourself, this game is piss easy.

Edit : Also, check out R@S's mod. That magnificent bastard managed to put in a CQB kit (EOTech and silencer) and a sniper kit (12x and silencer)

So I bought this game a while ago, having not actually read anything about it kinda made me weep after I found out it was crap.
It has it's moments but mostly it's full of retardation.

Especially since apart from the one armed militia all the enemy combatants are some sort of super soldiers with enhanced vision and auto aim that lets them kill my veteran mercenary snipers from a mile way with a ****ing snub nosed revolver.

Patch 1.13 :lol: is out, and we have 7.62 high caliber style FoW. People on steam should be automatically updated but here's the changelog. Note that this is a patch that changes some of the codes that the devs claimed to be 'a pain in the arse to change' a month before the release, so I don't expect it to be bug free. Also, no mods compatible for it yet.

I actually like this game. Even if I have to buy vests by the truckload. Just wish it had had customizable player characters.

Guys, you might as well get JA2 from somewhere and install 1.13 patch on it. You won't get disappointed plus it's free (iIn the case you already have JA2)

Back
Top Bottom