I've played myself into corner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hieronymous

Sergeant
It's day 440.
I'm a Swadian Vassal, otherwise there are only the Sarranid and Vaegirs left (except one Nord castle), I've got four castles (and a village) stuffed full of troops and money, loads of businesses, and a 130 strong high tier cavalry army with me.
But no-one wants a fight! We've had Peace after Alliance after Pact following cease fire...
So I want to break out on my own,
..but this means draining all my castles of men and money, leaving the swadians and trying retake my castles before anyone else does - then restocking ...  :roll: :cry:
..and on top of all this King Harlaus himself has had ages to train up 388 medium to high level troops (Yaroglek has over 500 rock hard vaegirs with him), and tons of lords..
I can't find any claimants; but even if I could, eventually I want to be in charge..
What a palaver!
I would love the option to leave the swadians, but keep my castles..?
A Personal rebellion - forcing the lords of swadia to choose between us!
I know this is partially a Native issue, but It's exacerbated by the balance issues..
Any suggestions  :smile:  otherwise...Start a new game? *sniff*  :neutral: I'm ok :sad: honest  :cry:

Iam not 100% sure.... but i think when you conquer new town/castle and request that it becomes yours and only if king refuses to grant that town/castle to you, then u can rebel against the king leaving swadia along with all other towns/castles you own

iam not too sure, might have to do a bit of research on that.

Nexto said:
Iam not 100% sure.... but i think when you conquer new town/castle and request that it becomes yours and only if king refuses to grant that town/castle to you, then u can rebel against the king leaving swadia along with all other towns/castles you own

iam not too sure, might have to do a bit of research on that.

Yes this is the only way

Hadn't gotten a chance to play this mod long nuff to test if it hold true or not. I find with most mods you bring an all horse army with you to battle you going to come out on top even 5 to 1 odds unless of course you facing a mostly horse army in battle to. Also depends on game settings..  :mrgreen:

Could always try suckering enemy's into attacking you via leaving empty castles near there borders see if they take the bait.  :twisted:

How can you afford a 100+ cavalry army, and all those garrison with just 4 castles and a village?  :shock:

But yes, go grab something, anything, and request it. Don't even bother garrisoning it, even if he gives it to you. Just keep taking castles until he refuses you one, and just break away.

Ok - I was being too nice  :oops:
I've just tried riding around and annoying the other factions (picking fights, raiding villages..), and now the option to besiege has returned. I can attack anyone I like, demand reward, and generally ignore my King until he decides not to (reward me) - then secede ...  :twisted:  :mrgreen:
Shame I have to step out of character temporarily though.. (needs an option to leave with stuff somehow?)

Thanks for the advice on hassling the King and keeping my properties..
..and the 'castle as bait' is a good idea too.

On affording my Cavalry army...
I've got a business in every city - exept Bariyye and Rivacheg who seem to have decided for no reason they hate me :???: - which are nearly all Dye-works (..why is that the only business worth getting :???:) and I had a purple patch of tournaments and enemy captures... *Kerching* :grin:
In 2.3 my army potential has rocketed up 100 to 230! That wage is gonna go up even more...!! Better get saving...
Check my Weekly Budget!:
I suspect my Party wages will get up to about 15000 denars with all my Cavalry!!

If you want to rebel, then spoil the relationship whit your king, then conquer a center, and when you ask it for urself, i think that if the relation with liege is smaller, then smaller the chances you gonna get that castle/town. And then if he refuses to give you the fief comes the option of rebelling. Not sure about that relation stuff, but i would give it a try.

Larmantine said:
If you want to rebel, then spoil the relationship whit your king, then conquer a center, and when you ask it for urself, i think that if the relation with liege is smaller, then smaller the chances you gonna get that castle/town. And then if he refuses to give you the fief comes the option of rebelling. Not sure about that relation stuff, but i would give it a try.

I was a vassal for the Rhodoks, and finally was strong enough I wanted to strike out on my own but keep my fiefs. I conquered a castle and 2 cities of the Sarranids and asked for them. King denied 2 of them, and gave one. Of those he denied I never had the option to rebel. Which seems to be a prevalent bug in the game (not just this mod) for a lot of people.

Azrooh said:
Find a claimant, accept the quest, and then abandon it. That's the fastest way, and it's how I always do it.

When the above did not work for me, I went this route. However it just made me the "Rhodok Rebels" and I was unable to be a king/get a minister nor change my faction's name.

Eventually I used a tweak to up my party size to over 1000, turned on cheats so I could teleport around. I emptied all my fiefs of their garrisons, asked the Doge to release me, then attacked a villager to lower my rep, and finally took back all my fiefs. Put the garrisons back, undid the tweak and turned off cheats. Now I am my own king.

Though I did not know I'd lose 2/3 of my treasury when turning in my vassalage, so for others make sure you empty that too.

Back
Top Bottom