I've just read the first Mistborn...

Users who are viewing this thread

๖Kern

Grandmaster Knight
Okay guys. I am crying right now. You can say whatever you want but this book just got me unprepared. Recently I was without anything to read and I finally decided to read Stormlight archives from Brandon Sanderson... I totally loved it too... it was like... "BOOOM!!!!". The book is really nicely done and Brandon really knows what he is doing. I read both books in 3 days and again. I had nothing to read and after many hours of thinking, I decided to look at this Mistborn thing... I thought it's not really great and so on... BUT I REALLY CRIED. I don't know why... my emotions went straight off... It's not so good as Stormlight archives but it's almost at the same level... Environment... Characters, World, dialogues... just amazing... I know it's pretty old series... but still.. I am going to read next one right now.

I recently finally got around to starting with Alloy of Law. When I read the first trilogy I spent whole days in bed reading because I was so captivated (and because I could really use the distraction and had nothing else to do :razz:) And after that I didn't want to go back into that world for quite a while because now I DO have other things to do and didn't want to risk it. Now I find myself reading back up on Allomancy on wikis, and am actually considering to re-read the first trilogy, because it was just so good. :grin:

I am already somewhere around 420-page of 3rd book. It's awesome...

I honestly don't think that The Aloy of Law will be so good as previous trilogy was. It's in more modern times... I can't imagine that... but I will read it anyways... Sanderson is too good author to not read it.

Paula said:
I recently finally got around to starting with Alloy of Law. When I read the first trilogy I spent whole days in bed reading because I was so captivated (and because I could really use the distraction and had nothing else to do :razz:) And after that I didn't want to go back into that world for quite a while because now I DO have other things to do and didn't want to risk it. Now I find myself reading back up on Allomancy on wikis, and am actually considering to re-read the first trilogy, because it was just so good. :grin:
Same thing happened to me when I was reading original mistborn trilogy. It was fantastic. Sadly, Alloy of Law is not as good that's why i dropped the second trilogy after reading Alloy of Law. Btw I am looking forward to start Stormlight Archives soon.

I've got to admit, I quite enjoyed the first two Mistborns. Not the third one, it had too much of the "Mass Effect 3 ending" vibes. Well, unlike that, this one made more sense, but I still disliked it.

Still haven't picked up The Alloy of Law, but will do as soon as I get myself a copy.

Personally, the Stormlight series and Elantris are far better than Mistborn, but at the end of the day, if it's Sanderson, I'll read it. :razz:

I think both the first and third Mistborns had weak endings. They made sense but the rapid info-dump was jarring and convoluted. That being said, I enjoyed reading the trilogy and couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks after I set the last book down.

Stormlight is still far superior. Though, the quicker pacing and plentiful action was a refreshing change from Stormlight, where every interesting event seems to have a dozen chapters of set up.

The ending of the second Stormlight book is a cluster**** of epic proportion that nothing in the Mistborn books comes even remotely close to.
It felt so ridiculously not-Sanderson I had to re-read it a few times to make sure I didn't miss any details that would explain things. But nope, I guess he ran out of money, time, space or all three. It's ****.
Fantastic books though, all of them. Stormlight and Mistborn. Everything Sanderson really.

Back
Top Bottom