• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

I've just read the first Mistborn...

Users who are viewing this thread

๖Kern

Grandmaster Knight
WBNW
Okay guys. I am crying right now. You can say whatever you want but this book just got me unprepared. Recently I was without anything to read and I finally decided to read Stormlight archives from Brandon Sanderson... I totally loved it too... it was like... "BOOOM!!!!". The book is really nicely done and Brandon really knows what he is doing. I read both books in 3 days and again. I had nothing to read and after many hours of thinking, I decided to look at this Mistborn thing... I thought it's not really great and so on... BUT I REALLY CRIED. I don't know why... my emotions went straight off... It's not so good as Stormlight archives but it's almost at the same level... Environment... Characters, World, dialogues... just amazing... I know it's pretty old series... but still.. I am going to read next one right now.

Paula

Baroness of Butt
Grandmaster Knight
M&B
I recently finally got around to starting with Alloy of Law. When I read the first trilogy I spent whole days in bed reading because I was so captivated (and because I could really use the distraction and had nothing else to do :razz:) And after that I didn't want to go back into that world for quite a while because now I DO have other things to do and didn't want to risk it. Now I find myself reading back up on Allomancy on wikis, and am actually considering to re-read the first trilogy, because it was just so good. :grin:

๖Kern

Grandmaster Knight
WBNW
I am already somewhere around 420-page of 3rd book. It's awesome...

I honestly don't think that The Aloy of Law will be so good as previous trilogy was. It's in more modern times... I can't imagine that... but I will read it anyways... Sanderson is too good author to not read it.

Naikon

Knight at Arms
WBVC
Paula said:
I recently finally got around to starting with Alloy of Law. When I read the first trilogy I spent whole days in bed reading because I was so captivated (and because I could really use the distraction and had nothing else to do :razz:) And after that I didn't want to go back into that world for quite a while because now I DO have other things to do and didn't want to risk it. Now I find myself reading back up on Allomancy on wikis, and am actually considering to re-read the first trilogy, because it was just so good. :grin:
Same thing happened to me when I was reading original mistborn trilogy. It was fantastic. Sadly, Alloy of Law is not as good that's why i dropped the second trilogy after reading Alloy of Law. Btw I am looking forward to start Stormlight Archives soon.

Lumos

Archduke
WBWF&SNWM&BVC
I've got to admit, I quite enjoyed the first two Mistborns. Not the third one, it had too much of the "Mass Effect 3 ending" vibes. Well, unlike that, this one made more sense, but I still disliked it.

Still haven't picked up The Alloy of Law, but will do as soon as I get myself a copy.

Personally, the Stormlight series and Elantris are far better than Mistborn, but at the end of the day, if it's Sanderson, I'll read it. :razz:

Rigadoon

Count
M&BWBWF&SNW
I think both the first and third Mistborns had weak endings. They made sense but the rapid info-dump was jarring and convoluted. That being said, I enjoyed reading the trilogy and couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks after I set the last book down.

Stormlight is still far superior. Though, the quicker pacing and plentiful action was a refreshing change from Stormlight, where every interesting event seems to have a dozen chapters of set up.

Wellenbrecher

Trümmerfrau
Archduke
WBM&BVC
The ending of the second Stormlight book is a cluster**** of epic proportion that nothing in the Mistborn books comes even remotely close to.
It felt so ridiculously not-Sanderson I had to re-read it a few times to make sure I didn't miss any details that would explain things. But nope, I guess he ran out of money, time, space or all three. It's ****.
Fantastic books though, all of them. Stormlight and Mistborn. Everything Sanderson really.

Top Bottom