I've been scammed by developers

Users who are viewing this thread

Crigor

Recruit
Ok, the game is unplayable from full release and i asked for a help only i got information that my issue was "While we are still investigating the issue, there is not a definite fix that we can offer on it at the moment" Hell with them, fix it or give my money back. I have paid for it and i want playable. Shame on them.

Ok, the game is unplayable from full release and i asked for a help only i got information that my issue was "While we are still investigating the issue, there is not a definite fix that we can offer on it at the moment" Hell with them, fix it or give my money back. I have paid for it and i want playable. Shame on them.
What issue did you have?

doesn't seems like my favorite company's fault

You have a 2h of playtime window to do so.

it is not the same spending 2h on tetris than to spend 2h on a paradox game.

ive wanted to return games where after 2h i was still trying to figure out what was going on, or was still in the tutorial

doesn't seems like my favorite company's fault
he denied it's a GPU-related crash based on his expert opinion and that's all the evidence they need to fix it yesterday

Steam sold you the game, not TaleWorlds. You can get a refund for any game as long as you haven't played for more than two hours. In practice you can even get refunded if you played for longer than that, but you need a good reason, two hours is generally enough to tell if the game is working or not.
Your issue was forwarded and is marked in progress, there isn't really anything else they can do for now. You obviously didn't understand what they meant by GPU related.
Also scammed is a very strong word and borderline defamatory.

Spiele seit 25 Jahren Spiele. Sie funktionierten in aller Regel immer. Es gab wenig zu meckern. Aber mittlerweile, ist es normal geworden. Unfertige Spiele heraus zu bringen. Um sie später fertig zu stellen. Lol. Ein BMW ist cool, aber wenn ihr ihn bezahlt habt und er fährt nicht, weil etwas kaputt ist oder fehlt. Was ist das?? Lol. Hier ist das genauso. Und wie gesagt. Der Trend durch zu viele falsche Investoren, in Spielen. Die schnell Kasse machen wollen, ist schlecht, für die ganze Branche. Man kann sich kein Spiel aus Freude mehr kaufen. Man schaut vorher lieber viele Videos. Und kauft es Wochen später, wenn alles klappt.

Spiele seit 25 Jahren Spiele. Sie funktionierten in aller Regel immer. Es gab wenig zu meckern. Aber mittlerweile, ist es normal geworden. Unfertige Spiele heraus zu bringen. Um sie später fertig zu stellen. Lol. Ein BMW ist cool, aber wenn ihr ihn bezahlt habt und er fährt nicht, weil etwas kaputt ist oder fehlt. Was ist das?? Lol. Hier ist das genauso. Und wie gesagt. Der Trend durch zu viele falsche Investoren, in Spielen. Die schnell Kasse machen wollen, ist schlecht, für die ganze Branche. Man kann sich kein Spiel aus Freude mehr kaufen. Man schaut vorher lieber viele Videos. Und kauft es Wochen später, wenn alles klappt.
English only in this forum

Google TL of what they said:
Playing games for 25 years. They usually always worked. There was little to complain about. But now, it's become normal. Release unfinished games. To finish them later. lol A BMW is cool, but when you've paid for it and it doesn't drive because something is broken or missing. What is that?? lol It's the same here. And as I said. The trend by too many false investors, in games. Those who want to cash in quickly are bad for the whole industry. You can no longer buy a game for fun. It is better to watch a lot of videos beforehand. And buy it weeks later when everything works out.

The game works for 99% of people who bought it. Just like with cars and really ANYTHING else in the world, there will be defective units that dont work. Also, the issue in this case appears to come from issues with the drivers for the particular GPU that the OP is using. So the game was just fine, but a new GPU driver messed things up. Hardly TW's fault in this instance.

I dont have any issues with calling out problems with Bannerlord where gthey are warranted, and god knows there's lots of issues. But calling this a scam is either stupid or disingenuous.

The game works for 99% of people who bought it. Just like with cars and really ANYTHING else in the world, there will be defective units that dont work. Also, the issue in this case appears to come from issues with the drivers for the particular GPU that the OP is using. So the game was just fine, but a new GPU driver messed things up. Hardly TW's fault in this instance.

I dont have any issues with calling out problems with Bannerlord where gthey are warranted, and god knows there's lots of issues. But calling this a scam is either stupid or disingenuous.

Kinda shows how little the developers browse their own forums these days that posts like these are left up. There is no love lost between TW and myself, but if anything it proves that TW aren't around anymore.

Kinda shows how little the developers browse their own forums these days that posts like these are left up. There is no love lost between TW and myself, but if anything it proves that TW aren't around anymore.
How exactly does it show anything? People have always been complaining about something and coming up with more or less justified critique of TW. But I don't see how that is supposed to indicate whether they browse the forum or not.

TW is not responsible for moderating the forum, if that's what you mean. That's the job of the forum administration and moderators. And it's not like such threads necessarily break the rules, as long as they don't attack devs on a personal level.

How exactly does it show anything? People have always been complaining about something and coming up with more or less justified critique of TW. But I don't see how that is supposed to indicate whether they browse the forum or not.

TW is not responsible for moderating the forum, if that's what you mean. That's the job of the forum administration and moderators. And it's not like such threads necessarily break the rules, as long as they don't attack devs on a personal level.

Because there is no response to these posts - and this post in particular which is a pretty serious accusation - from the Devs or the moderators darling. Chill out before you give yourself a migraine.

Because there is no response to these posts - and this post in particular which is a pretty serious accusation - from the Devs or the moderators darling. Chill out before you give yourself a migraine.
You mean for the technical difficulties? There are appropriate sections to post them.
If you scroll all the way to the top you'll see that there's a banner advising to do so.

If it's for the "we're unhappy, give me a refund", well what would you like a Dev to say to that? What could he, reasonably, say to that?

You mean for the technical difficulties? There are appropriate sections to post them.
If you scroll all the way to the top you'll see that there's a banner advising to do so.

If it's for the "we're unhappy, give me a refund", well what would you like a Dev to say to that? What could he, reasonably, say to that?

The "I've been scammed by the developers" part.

Neither devs nor the moderation have much reason to respond to ridiculous and completely baseless claims like that. If they did it every time one like that popped up, they would have to stop the development of both Bannerlord and that space game they are working on, and mods wouldnt have time to take care of actually problematic posts.

Either way, not worth anybody's time.

Back
Top Bottom