It's still ****

Users who are viewing this thread

STcloz

Sergeant
I played the new version for twenty hours and feel it's still ****. Just a small problem could make the whole thing a crap, endless war. There is no interval between wars, and even worse, nobles are eager for two-line battle.
So what's the problem? Just a few lines of code could solve the problem. Why don't you correct it? It's formally released now and no excuse any more.

Last edited:
I've been present since the beginning and played every single patch, I have more than 1,000 hours in vanilla and played multiple long campaigns. There is just so many buggy and shallow features, and it has become apparent to me that the developers do not test out the patches they put out.
For example, when they finally added banners into the game, you would lose a horse archer every battle if that unit had a banner carrier, because the banner carrier would just charge the enemy if you set them to self-command.

I believe they are enjoying the game like the rest of the vast majority who give it a positive review on Steam (87% = 189.000).

I guess they aren't "veterans" and 400 hours in game aren't enough to form an opinion...
I love that peoples give this number but forget how flawed steam if for positive reviews :
A % positive review score of 80-85% is entirely average. A % positive review score below 80% is relatively bad, and a score below 70% is very bad score (in the bottom 20% of games). A % positive review score above 85% is relatively above average, and a score above 92% is very good (in the top 20% of games).
So, when seeing a 85% positive review score for a game, remember to keep it in context and recall that 85% is about the average rating for a game.
assessing Steam game reviews

Bannerlord has in no way a good rating, it's barely above average. (meanwhile warband has 97% rating mind you)

has this game at any point in time not been ****

its been **** since armagans first vision of what the game should be
Taleworlds Developer Armagan is an absolute force to be reckoned with. His supreme knowledge of the gaming industry and its many nuances has enabled him to rise to the top of game development around the world. Armagan's intelligence and openness to feedback have only made him more revered in his peers and colleagues alike, as he consistently works hard to improve user experience and build better worlds for all gamers everywhere. His outspoken presence online might lead some people to question his decisions, but what they must remember is that he is always right; it would be naive not to trust his words and respect them as gospel for all things game-oriented.

I believe they are enjoying the game like the rest of the vast majority who give it a positive review on Steam (87% = 189.000).

I guess they aren't "veterans" and 400 hours in game aren't enough to form an opinion...
I have over 700H but with more than 17 mods.So my review for what i paid is negative.

Taleworlds Developer Armagan is an absolute force to be reckoned with. His supreme knowledge of the gaming industry and its many nuances has enabled him to rise to the top of game development around the world. Armagan's intelligence and openness to feedback have only made him more revered in his peers and colleagues alike, as he consistently works hard to improve user experience and build better worlds for all gamers everywhere. His outspoken presence online might lead some people to question his decisions, but what they must remember is that he is always right; it would be naive not to trust his words and respect them as gospel for all things game-oriented.
Armagan cares only for his pockets.I cant imagine how he might have any love for him game considering the asthetics of the late added maps and poor content of the game in general.I wish i could pay the guys of ''dell arte della guerra'' or in the name of jerusalem'.Those guys love their work.Bannerlord is just a demo.

Look, I agree with many people here that the tedious late game/kingdoms not getting destroyed and the lack of diplomacy (as well as lack of any personality in npcs) are glaring issues, but playing a game that you're not enjoying for god knows how long and then complaining about it just seems unhealthy (not meaning to offend, I'm not sure what the correct word to use would be, English is not my first language). I'm not trying to antagonize any people here, I've done my share of complaining and suggesting new things, and I certainly don't want to disparage people complaining about certain elements about the game, but the way some users describe their experiences with the game after they've played for 100s of hours is just weird to me. If you (this is to many people on the forums, not the OP necessarily) don't think that the game is enjoyable or salvageable (and has never been), nothing the devs can do will ever change it.

but playing a game that you're not enjoying for god knows how long and then complaining about it just seems unhealthy
It's a single-player RPG so we can play whenever we want and AFK whenever we dislike. It's like a cake. someone take a bite and drop it while someone have it all. You can't expect all of us just take a bite because the cake is there.
Complaints are as healthy as compliments. And so far I haven't abused my liberty.

Look, I agree with many people here that the tedious late game/kingdoms not getting destroyed and the lack of diplomacy (as well as lack of any personality in npcs) are glaring issues, but playing a game that you're not enjoying for god knows how long and then complaining about it just seems unhealthy (not meaning to offend, I'm not sure what the correct word to use would be, English is not my first language). I'm not trying to antagonize any people here, I've done my share of complaining and suggesting new things, and I certainly don't want to disparage people complaining about certain elements about the game, but the way some users describe their experiences with the game after they've played for 100s of hours is just weird to me. If you (this is to many people on the forums, not the OP necessarily) don't think that the game is enjoyable or salvageable (and has never been), nothing the devs can do will ever change it.
My take on all of this is that I think the issue is people see the possibilities with the game but when it comes up way short of what they're expecting then they start complaining. I don't think the idea is that the whole game is **** it's just that there are key mechanics in this game that are poorly developed or not thought out. Modding can only fix so much so it comes down to Taleworlds to fix or change the big issues.

It's a single-player RPG so we can play whenever we want and AFK whenever we dislike. It's like a cake. someone take a bite and drop it while someone have it all. You can't expect all of us just take a bite because the cake is there.
Complaints are as healthy as compliments. And so far I haven't abused my liberty.
My words are not for your comments specifically, I think you've detailed enough by saying that the non-stop wars in the late game are bad and should be fixed. This is something I agree with and is a valid complaint that you've provided on a specific aspect of the game. As you say, you've not abused your liberty.

But other people, both on this thread and many many others in the forum saying that the game is pure crap that they never enjoyed any aspect of despite playing 100s of hours is just downright psychotic. It's unhealthy for them to continue commenting on a forum of this game (or even follow the game's development), and it's just downright toxic for the game's community. It's one thing to complain about an aspect of the game or say that you're not enjoying it, but there are unfortunately so many people on this forum that not only mock the labour of the devs that have put hundreds, if not thousands of hours of blood, sweat and tears in making this game, but straight up verbally abuse the developers by insulting them. I'm not exaggerating, if you've been in these forums for a while, you've probably seen several threads and comments upon comments of straight up verbal abuse. Hell, there's even been a time where some brainlets had a thread calling the game a scam. Again, it's okay if you don't like the game or don't think you've got your money's worth or whatever, but calling a piece of product that has recieved 100s of updates and continuing to recieve it (pretty much one every week or two) with many new content (some impressive but some rather shallow admittedly) is downright stupid. Honestly, while it's very refreshing to see a forum's moderators being lenient and I value the members a lot, I think they can be sometimes too lenient on people who're bringing nothing but toxicity to this community.
My take on all of this is that I think the issue is people see the possibilities with the game but when it comes up way short of what they're expecting then they start complaining. I don't think the idea is that the whole game is **** it's just that there are key mechanics in this game that are poorly developed or not thought out. Modding can only fix so much so it comes down to Taleworlds to fix or change the big issues.
I mean this is a point that I agree with, but as I say, some users are just too overboard with what they're saying. There are genuine issues with the game that I've listed both in this thread and elsewhere, and this game's very high potential is being wasted especially with its late game and placeholder systems, but if they've not enjoyed any moment of the game they played for 100s of hours as many people claim or imply, they're being obsessive at this point. To them, this game will never be "good". They're not making the game better by commenting, they're making the community worse. At some point, it's time to let go.

Last edited:
there are unfortunately so many people on this forum that not only mock the labour of the devs
Yeah, personal attack is inappropriate. Devs provide a forum to communicate. I don't criticize devs because I think it's not fair that we take advantage of that to make personal attack. Meanwhile, I will be banned if I do that.
My opnion is that TW is just less experienced so that they didn't divide DLCs from the main game properly, and that things will get better but it will take years.

Yeah, personal attack is inappropriate. Devs provide a forum to communicate. I don't criticize devs because I think it's not fair that we take advantage of that to make personal attack. Meanwhile, I will be banned if I do that.
My opnion is that TW is just less experienced so that they didn't divide DLCs from the main game properly, and that things will get better but it will take years.
Yes, this is fair.

I mean this is a point that I agree with, but as I say, some users are just too overboard with what they're saying. There are genuine issues with the game that I've listed both in this thread and elsewhere, and this game's very high potential is being wasted especially with its late game and placeholder systems, but if they've not enjoyed any moment of the game they played for 100s of hours as many people claim or imply, they're being obsessive at this point. To them, this game will never be "good". They're not making the game better by commenting, they're making the community worse. At some point, it's time to let go.
I can't speak for others but I put in over 1k hours back during ea, but at some point I got disgusted with the lack on going lack of communication and the poorly thought out features and the lack of player input so I just quit. I even quit the forums for awhile but after I was less salty I came back. I'm still not pleased with where the game is and I refuse to play it again until I feel it gets better but at least I'm not bitter like I was, my suspicion is that some people couldn't or wouldn't step away for awhile. It's difficult to not feel some bitterness when this is my favorite game franchise of all time maybe others have the same attitude.

I haven't played the game in about a year (they havent changed the core gameplay and i find it more interesting to discuss its failures than actually play), but for a lot of people i think Bannerlord is just the only game of its type, excluding warband. It's like how people who play paradox games complain like mad despite having 1000 hours. Its a bad game with no competitors.

Back
Top Bottom