Its Completely Acceptable, And Slightly Encouraged, For You To Be Upset. But Please Take Your Frustrations Out On Taleworlds The Company

Users who are viewing this thread

And not Taleworlds the people.

In the last few weeks, some people on the dev team have demonstrated that they DO care about multiplayer and its players. Those individuals should not be harassed because the rest of their company has development ADHD and cant make up its mind on what its working on or when its working on it. The things we were told may have been correct when the information first came out, but the Taleworlds higher ups have consistently demonstrated that they are absolutely terrible about keeping roadmaps, schedules or plans.

Instead of being angry at the few people who try to help us out, we need to put pressure on the company as a whole, and therefore the people at the top of the food chain, to actually develop an ounce of consistency and transparency.

This is likely the reason Callum is widely silent as well. As the "community manager," what he says is usually regarded as more official and newsworthy. Why would he ever stick his neck out and declare anything, when he knows that the people at the top making the decisions could have a cool idea one day and completely reverse course on what they want the company working on? Id be timid to ever say anything as well.

Last edited:
There are people involved who are to blame, Taleworlds isn't some entity.

Like i said before, there is a problem with high management
Do you reply to posts just based on title? I said the exact same thing
Instead of being angry at the few people who try to help us out, we need to put pressure on the company as a whole, and therefore the people at the top of the food chain, to actually develop an ounce of consistency and transparency.

Why would he ever stick his neck out and declare anything, when he knows that the people at the top making the decisions could have a cool idea one day and completely reverse course on what they want the company working on?

who do we @ about our anger then? last time too much pressure and heat was put on our community manager he left the mp dev blog out of frustration
I mean, the devs who actually care (azhaki avrc and a few others) have proven that they wish the best for the game, but they have also proven that they hold no power withing taleworlds because they can't reveal anything. We have no need for scapegoats. Our anger will be ignored, that's the sad truth. The higher-ups have proven that they DON'T GIVE A DAMN **** about their customers, and I think we'll have to move forward with that. The best thing we can wait for now is the release of mod tools, so people who are free to do good content (the players) will fix the game.

I'll echo the OP's statement. It's fine to get mad about the direction and state of the game, but that anger should not be directed at individuals within the company who are communicating with the players. It should be directed at Taleworlds as an entity, IE, upper management. If ignored by them, then the community should take it upon themselves to do what needs to be done, declaring upper management's "Vision" for the game as trash and the community taking the game in a preferred direction should be when mod tools are released, should be the ultimate statement that should get to them. If that were to happen, perhaps those who are communicating with us now might get some clout and such.

I suppose we'll see what happens as development goes along which road things will take.

People mad they spent 50 dollars on a half-assed game, 8 years in the making, totally ruining everything that made warband good? Absolute shocker. I agree that people should not make personal threats to the TW staff, but acting like this was not expected is a big lie. We knew it would be like this since beta.

How it be like when a mod comes out that's going to fix the MP and you realize you don't need native anymore

CommonExcitableAfricanjacana-size_restricted.gif

I would say aim your feedback toward TaleWorlds management instead of mere individuals that just work on improving the game.

Basically the devs are just creating what management tells them to. Bad management causes bad stuff and these TW employees dont neccesarily have a lot of influence on which decisions are being made

I would say aim your feedback toward TaleWorlds management instead of mere individuals that just work on improving the game.

Basically the devs are just creating what management tells them to. Bad management causes bad stuff and these TW employees dont neccesarily have a lot of influence on which decisions are being made
This is exactly what has been happening since the beta.

Basically the devs are just creating what management tells them to. Bad management causes bad stuff and these TW employees dont necessarily have a lot of influence on which decisions are being made
If you work with evil you are complicit with evil, and therefore by matter of principle, you are just as deserving of scrutiny as the entire group.

This is a pretty straightforward and popular ethical concept that figures such as Mahatma Gandhi and Leo Tolstoy prescribed to. I believe it is best summarized in spirit by the economic historian Robert Higgs who spoke on the subject of morality in law enforcement:

“The whole Good Cop / Bad Cop question can be disposed of much more decisively. […] We need only consider the following:

(1) A cop’s job is to enforce the laws, all of them;
(2) Many of the laws are manifestly unjust, and some are even cruel and wicked;
(3) Therefore every cop has to agree to act as an enforcer for laws that are manifestly unjust or even cruel and wicked.

There are no good cops.”

The argument that "the people" of Taleworlds should not be held to account for the actions of the company of which they are affiliated with has very frail philosophical basis.

If you work for a company you can be criticized for the decisions of the company.

And not Taleworlds the people.

If the last few weeks, some people on the dev team have demonstrated that they DO care about multiplayer and its players. Those individuals should not be harassed because the rest of their company has development ADHD and cant make up its mind on what its working on or when its working on it. The things we were told may have been correct when the information first came out, but the Taleworlds higher ups have consistently demonstrated that they are absolutely terrible about keeping roadmaps, schedules or plans.

This is likely the reason Callum is widely silent as well. As the "community manager," what he says is usually regarded as more official and newsworthy. Why would he ever stick his neck out and declare anything, when he knows that the people at the top making the decisions could have a cool idea one day and completely reverse course on what they want the company working on? Id be timid to ever say anything as well.

Just to be absolutely clear, every single person working on this project cares about it. After all, our names are on it. And while you may disagree with some decisions we make, none of what we do is out of a lack of care or love for the game.

We have worked tirelessly on the game for years and to get to this point where we could include you all in the development process was a major milestone. But does this mean that we are finished and we will just leave it there? Absolutely not! We are aware that the game has many issues and we will continue to work on it for as long as is needed to make sure that this is the best game that it can possibly be.

Also, just to clarify this misconception that decisions are passed down from above and are final: that simply isn't true. Everybody at the company has a voice and anyone can bring forward an idea or suggest changes to any part of the game, and they are listened to. Does that mean that those changes or suggestions are always implemented? No. But they are certainly discussed and debated.

The argument that "the people" of Taleworlds should not be held to account for the actions of the company of which they are affiliated with has very frail philosophical basis.

If you work for a company you can be criticized for the decisions of the company.

Honestly it is true that every employee at TaleWorlds is part of the whole process and most employees probably know what is going on. However, I personally don't find it suitable to focus criticism toward these few individuals that have little or no impact on decisions being made.

One of the major disappointments of this game is not the state of the currect game, but rather the way (or should I say the lack of) communication between TaleWorlds and player base. Feedback is an essential part of an EA game and communication with core playerbase is thus very important.

I have no doubt that at some point this game is going to be very good. However, like many others, I am very disappointed by the lack of communication. In some cultures I know that face-saving is a major aspect. For example in most asian cultures people rather stay quiet than telling you bad news. Where I come from, the truth and open/direct communication is highly valued. I personally rather have TW tell me the truth, even if it is something I don't like.

Back
Top Bottom