It's a good moment to start a playthrough?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been waiting this game for ages, and bought the game on day 1 because I want to support taleworld, but actually never played it.

I have been really hyped reading all patch notes and reading all devs answers, and now that perks are almost done...

Do you think is a good moment to complete a campaing for the first time, or you would wait few more patches?

Reading critics about this game being worse than all mods and warband vanilla every days dont help to decide :razz:

I played a little, but I would still wait. For me personally, I would wait until they fix the leveling progression (balance it, make every high level perk obtainable with a decent but not exaggerated grinding). Hopefully the next patch will bring that... also all perks are not implemented still. Play a little multiplayer instead maybe. I will wait a bit more for singleplayer to implement the very essentials at least.

I keep saying that the good moment to start a new campaign when the game is out of early access and no, Taleworlds are not gonna feel bad about you not playing the game right now. Singleplayer is not ready yet, but I have great hopes for it. Multiplayer is more than playable and quite fun.

I'd Wait until the next patch, there are important snowballing prevents in that one.
I haven't been online as frequently as I was before and I have missed a lot of things on the forum. If you don't mind, could you please give me a quick rundown of those upcoming changes? thanks.

I'd wait until 1.5.7 (Probably 2021 January)
I haven't been online as frequently as I was before and I have missed a lot of things on the forum. If you don't mind, could you please give me a quick rundown of those upcoming changes? thanks.
It's kinda impossible to give a quick rundown because they are mostly little details that caused huge issues.
Basically:
  • They will add a kingdom "wallet" rich clans will give gold daily to that wallet, with a ratio (like if you have more than 100k gold you will pay 500, if you have 150 you will pay 1000 etc. (I don't remember the numbers)) and poor clans will take golds from the kingdom wallet (again with ratio, if you are really poor you will get more)
  • Clans will check their relationship with other clans instead of just checking their relationship with the king
  • These 2 changes are for preventing clan defections because it happened so frequently.
  • Weak kingdoms will offer more money to acquire buyable clans
  • If your enemy takes your city and you have supporter notables there they will know keep giving influence to you therefore weak kingdoms keep forming armies
  • They fixed lots of bugs to maintain high party size usage ratio
I may missed some things there, I suggest you to go read this post from mexxico, it's a very long and very good thread explaining this

Last edited:
It depends. If you are planning a long campaign, become king, have kids, etc, do not start it yet. 1.5.6 is probably the best patch for this (except if you prefer to wait until rebellions get implemented which will probably happen in 1.5.7).

On the other hand, if you are like me who do not enjoy much lategame (due to everything getting reduced to battles, battles and more battles) and enjoy a lot early/mid game, starting a campaign in 1.5.5 is a good idea.

I've had a long and mostly enjoyable playthrough on 1.5.4 beta; close to 2,000 days, I think. It's not perfect, and there are spells where it feels lacking in 'significant' things to do while you're also having to grind quests or bandits to keep character progression up. When you get to a certain point with vassals, not being able to re-assign fiefs is a pain, when you're still almost 100 points off being able to trade them. But (IMO) it's nowhere near as bad as some suggest. It was just becoming a bit wearing by that point, a few days before 1.5.5 came out - I'm not sure there's quite enough additional in 1.5.5 to start over, and may wait for for 1.5.6 for the next long playthrough as it seems likely-ish that that should be out before Christmas. But if you've not played at all, start a few test runs just to see how it plays and make some mistakes.

The 1.5.6 patch may be the closest to an ideal time for a playthrough due to the snowball patch.

There is still a lot of work to do on the game even after the 1.5.6 though and never really an ideal time until after the game is released

Back
Top Bottom