Resolved Item pictures and NPC portraits glitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Items and portraits takes long time to load and then looks completely off.
Textures covered in black or multicolored spotts. Portaits looks like NPC just crawled out of coal mine.
In game models looks fine though. Tried to roll back graphic drivers, but it have no effect.
Mods doesn't seem to affect the issue, as it persist modded and not.
O7UwCfYXSpk.jpg
WEvzTDqqnQc.jpg

Last edited:
I also have this issue. None of the previously suggested methods helped. Verified game files, erased shader folder, updated to the latest nvidia drivers, all mods removed- nothing helps. Exiting and entering game does not help either. Also, some of the item icons load progressively longer and longer as the game time passes on.

We are aware of this issue sadly our fixes for this one did not work. Please know that we are working on this issue to fix it as soon as possible.
One last thing that remains that you can do on your side is deleting the shader data folder to see if this makes a difference? We are still investigating this issue on our end. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience.
Can you try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?

I cry. I was bored of the current beta anyways and this bug just forces me to take a break so there is a silver lining.

I have the same problem after the e1.5.8 Beta Hotfix.
Here are some snaps:

As you can see in the top right corner, the portraits are broken, same with the items in inventory and trade list.

My specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6gb
GPU Driver Version: 461.72 (release date: 25/02/2021)
CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6 GHz
RAM: 16gb DDR4
Motherboard: Z390 M-CF Gigabyte
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HP SSD EX900 1TB

Same issues here as well. Changing graphics settings, and verifying game integrity through steam does not fix issue. One thing I noticed is each icon of the same item gets corrupted the same way. For example if there is a red polygon on a Battanian Pony's icon in my party, it will have the same red polygon in the exact same spot in a city's trade menu. The corruption is random for each icon, but once set, each icon of the same type is corrupted the same way. Hope this helps! I've attached some screen shots showing the corruption.

BnhJF5L.png

7PnXoDa.png

dw8CH9k.jpg

LPATCxL.png

WYFSOLT.png

My specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT Sapphire Pulse
GPU Driver Version: 21.2.3 (released 2021-02-17
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: 16gb DDR4
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 Wifi
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500GB

Fix:
I run the game on GeForce Experience Optimized Graphics Setting and the issue was gone for me. I played for a few hours to test things out and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom