• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

item editor and teh module system

Users who are viewing this thread

LordRaglan

Sergeant
i'm working on a mod and wanted to know if changes made using the item editor would be overwritten the next time i click build_module in the module system

hmm, is that explained very well?

what i mean is are the changes made via the item editor perminatent or will they disapear when i next use the module system

FrisianDude

Archduke
M&BWB
Yes, they will be overwritten. Happened to me when I was just starting off aswell and I was very surprised and confused.

Cruger

When you run the build_module.bat it replaces all the "text" in the documents.. Therefore does it always overwrite what you did with things like the troop editor

LordRaglan

Sergeant
yeah thats what i thought, i thankfully thought it through before making the mistake

so how does it work with maps etc?

Lord Leoric of Wercheg

Grandmaster Knight
Changes made by the map editor is overwritten too but theres a tool that converts the stuff in map.txt to MS code so you can paste it in MS. I dunno where it is though.

HokieBT

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWB
the map.txt that is created with the unofficial map editor will not be overwritten by build_module.bat.  However, if you move or rename parties on the world map than that will be overwritten.  I wrote this tool to copy data from parties.txt into module_parties.py and kt0 has another code that converts parties.txt directly to MS code.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,45772.0.html

Top Bottom