Item balance issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey all,

Not sure where to post this... or if it has been posted before. If it has my bad but I couldnt find it.

Ive noticed in singleplayer that some items are so many leagues better then others that id consider them broken. Like for example armor which weighs 1/5 of other items with identical armor values. Could it be a good idea to list broken items in 1 place so the devs know what items to look out for? I saw that item balance was a known issue but I havent stumbled upon any comprehensive lists. Maybe its a good idea to pool those items together so the devs have an easier time of knowing where to look. :wink:

Head gear
Leather coif. Tier 3. Weighs 0.3, 14 armor. Other items with identical armor values weight 1.5 or heavier.
Imperial cloth coif. Tier 3. Weighs 0.2. 12 armor. Other items with identical protection are generally heavier. Some even weighs 0.5, meaning they weight twice as much.

Shoes
Wrapped shoes. Tier 3. Weighs 0.8. 17 armor. Basicly boots with some cloth strapping. Proper cav legs have less protection and weight more. For example imperial cav boots.

Gloves
Rough tied bracers. Tier 6. Weighs 0.6. 30 armor. Look like thick leather or hide armor with an armor plate over them. CAN BE USED IN CIVILIAN GEAR. I think ive had these very frequently from looters, lol. Mind you they have to be big parties, but still....So far ive only seen ONE piece of bracers that was better, it was plate and only had 2 points of armor more and weighed ALOT more.

If people post the broken or OP items that they find here il update the OP so we can get a good comprehensive list going! :mrgreen:

There needs to be more a lot more stat variation. When comparing most armours, weapons or especially bows, one tends to be better in every department rather than just excelling in a couple of areas and failing at others. Why is a war bow better than a longbow in every way? Why does chainmail armour protect all areas more and also weigh less than a cloth long robe? There are genuinely too many examples to list. Everything needs a rebalance.

Back
Top Bottom