It was not the Polish Republic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waldzios said:
caddux said:
Osviux said:
We were occupied by the Soviets and with Poland we made a union so there is a difference. The Soviets didnt accept us as a nation and in the union with Poland both countries had equal rights.

As annoying as this guy might be, he does have a point.
Sure he has a point.
So let's rewrite history, change country names, because people of period, didn't know he will have point few hundred years later, and called their country wrong  :mrgreen:.

Take it easy bro. I'm not saying I completely agree with him, I'm only saying that he has a point which he defends with reasonable arguments, not just ranting or whining like everybody else is saying he is doing. Someone even said he had to be banned! That would be censoring someone's opinion, and that goes against the free discussion of ideas, which is the basis for any democratic discussion.

Waldzios said:
Osviux said:
We were occupied by the Soviets and with Poland we made a union so there is a difference. The Soviets didnt accept us as a nation and in the union with Poland both countries had equal rights.
Yep, and Stalin would be proud how he successfully change your look on best times of both of our nations history.

Both nations call their country "Rzeczpospolita", on official documents there was latin name "Res Publica Polonia", only russian sometime called whole country "Lithuania" (to show that for them there is no difrence between them).
How somebody  translated it to "Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth" it's magic for me (again i don't say it wasn't Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth or Polish-Lithuanian Union etc, it just nation wasn't called this way). And I know it's more than commonly used over Internet, but that not proof anything (there is more strange or wrong things there).

The russians called it Lithuania everyone had their own name soo lets just agree with the english name that is used now by the historians and other good people

Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (How the smart people say) :grin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish%E2%80%93Lithuanian_Commonwealth

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5803/comonweal.jpg

I thought noone cared, if noone cared there wouldnt be any arguements ;/

Osviux said:
The russians called it Lithuania everyone had their own name soo lets just agree with the english name that is used now by the historians and other good people
do we look good?  :twisted:

wikipedia said:
Foreigners often simply called it Poland, applying the pars pro toto synecdoche.
from your own wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish%E2%80%93Lithuanian_Commonwealth

Waldzios said:
Dude you practically offending your (and my) ancestors from 17th century , they called country "Rzeczpospolita", maybe were wrong and should call it"Rzeczposplita Polsko-Litewska", but hey didn't.

Osviux said:
Okay then lets rename it to Rzescpospolita, everyone is happy :smile:

I guess it doesn't hurt if a universal name is used, not only people that know what "Rzeczpospolita" was play this game. The developers need to come up with a name for each faction that will make players that are not aware of Central-Eastern-Northern European history, to know what faction they are choosing. How? National demonyms. It's a must.
I don't see how "The Commonwealth, the Kingdom, the Muscovite, the Hetmanate, the Khanate" would work for that.

Gr0vZ said:
Waldzios said:
Dude you practically offending your (and my) ancestors from 17th century , they called country "Rzeczpospolita", maybe were wrong and should call it"Rzeczposplita Polsko-Litewska", but hey didn't.

Osviux said:
Okay then lets rename it to Rzescpospolita, everyone is happy :smile:

I guess it doesn't hurt if a universal name is used, not only people that know what "Rzeczpospolita" was play this game. The developers need to come up with a name for each faction that will make players that are not aware of Central-Eastern-Northern European history, to know what faction they are choosing. How? National demonyms. It's a must.
I don't see how "The Commonwealth, the Kingdom, the Muscovite, the Hetmanate, the Khanate" would work for that.

The developers could come up with a name that would be fine for both nations.

Are you still fighting over this ? I see no reason why it should be called Polish republic po Perkūnais!!! Well in my opinion Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth is more accurate but too long but this game doesn't have Brits so why do you care about them ? The commonwealth is the best option.

Schmon said:
I suppose the 'Polish-Lithuanian' Commonwealth was an English development to differentiate from Cromwell's Commonwealth?  Maybe that's not true anymore but if you had mentioned a 'Commonwealth' in the 1860s most people would have assumed you were talking about Cromwell.

You mean 1680? Nope. At that time, no one would mess Cromwell's Commonwealth of England with the largest state in Europe, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.  I guess, that thing in Britain was still referred to as "England", while the titular name was connected to the more popular one. If you mentioned it, most people would think of Poland, since it was the largest and the most influential political entity with that name.

Okay, I change the name of Polish Commonwealth to Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth just to see if it was soo terrible as they say and too see where it doesnt fit and in SP i didnt find any problems, the only problems are in MP in two menu's, but i think that with a little effort they can be easily fixed.

First problem is in the menu where you choose a faction and i have some solutions.

You can expand the menu or side the names

mb1f.jpg

Second problem apeared in the scores tab.

You can expand the menu or move the scores to any point, i have two points for example.

mb3ri.jpg

I check it out everywhere on castles, dialogs, notes, custom battle, host game, on towns, on parties everywhere i could and i found only those two.

Waldzios said:
Hurray, he change it, please somebody lock this topic  :mrgreen:

Too late, mate, this trick is long known to the public. Osviux wants to make it mainstream, that's his point.

caddux said:
Waldzios said:
caddux said:
Osviux said:

Sure he has a point.
So let's rewrite history, change country names, because people of period, didn't know he will have point few hundred years later, and called their country wrong  :mrgreen:.

Take it easy bro. I'm not saying I completely agree with him, I'm only saying that he has a point which he defends with reasonable arguments, not just ranting or whining like everybody else is saying he is doing. Someone even said he had to be banned! That would be censoring someone's opinion, and that goes against the free discussion of ideas, which is the basis for any democratic discussion.

Yes, that would have been wrong but this guy have already been noted from both admins and none-admins. Still, he brings up the same subject over and over again and that's called spamming, we know that the "Polish-Lithuania Commonwealth" is the correct name for the faction but it appeared to be some errors with that name, so there's really no reason to repeat it. Sadly, my curiosity goes that far that I'm willing to check every updated thread. And that's a pain in the ass cause every fresh post he's doing is basically old ones..

Maybe the developers are already working at this? Maybe not, but either way I have to beg you to stop, please.

Leaffordes said:
caddux said:
Waldzios said:
caddux said:
Osviux said:

Sure he has a point.

Yes, that would have been wrong but this guy have already been noted from both admins and none-admins. Still, he brings up the same subject over and over again and that's called spamming, we know that the "Polish-Lithuania Commonwealth" is the correct name for the faction but it appeared to be some errors with that name, so there's really no reason to repeat it. Sadly, my curiosity goes that far that I'm willing to check every updated thread. And that's a pain in the ass cause every fresh post he's doing is basically old ones..

Maybe the developers are already working at this? Maybe not, but either way I have to beg you to stop, please.

If he is spamming, he is not spamming alone, as others are still replying to his posts, so... no, I don't think neither he has to be banned nor this thread has be locked. Discussion is still going on, wether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom