It was not the Polish Republic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

othr

Master Knight
Please change the name to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth or the Commonwealth of the Two Nations, The Crown and the Duchy or something more appropriate, these are the names used in the book, there is no mention of the Polish Republic as that came into existence in 1918 and not in the 17th century.

I happen to be Polish by birth and it really hurts my eyes to see that name in the game, and if I was Lithuanian I would be downright appalled.

Thank you!

It was First Polish Republic

Thus began the First Republic of Poland which survived until the final partition of 1795.

Also under the First Republic, Sejm members began to misuse one of their most serious privileges: the right of veto. Assuming that an elected body acted according to the wishes of the people, all decisions were to be unanimous. This meant that any member could veto an act of the Sejm, voiding it for good. The first time such a veto was used, in 1652
http://www.gopoland.com/history/h3.shtml

wiki: First Polish Republic: applied in hindsight to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, an elective monarchy also called Noble Republic.

The official name of the present-day Polish State is Rzeczpospolita Polska, which is usually translated into English as "Republic of Poland". However, the term "republic" may be misleading in the context of 16–18th cent. Poland in that era was an elective monarchy, despite having some features of a republic. For that period, Rzeczpospolita is translated as "Commonwealth" (which is an English calque of the Latin res publica), as in "Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth".

It was Commonwealth , i am Lithuanian , but i don't really care , it's just a game.

I'd say "The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth" is far more badass than "Polish Republic" even though the Polish name for each is essentially identical - "Rzeczpospolita Polska"

P-L C probably too long to be practical. Agree it should probably be the Polish Commonwealth. King of the Republic just seems a little silly in English, even if it might be a technically correct reading of Polish constitutional history.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\Modules\Ogniem i Mieczem\languages\en

Go to the following folder and then open "factions" with notepad and change the following line:

fac_kingdom_1|Polish Republic

to:

fac_kingdom_1|Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

save it and then launch the game. Now the Polish Republic is named "Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth" :smile:

- Cain

Personally I'd like to change them all to the states factions :razz: maybe something like union, confeds and other random places ;D. That way  I can relate a little bit.

Sereusly, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth! Its kinda disapointing to see Lithuania turning polish all of a sudden...

Why not the official name? :razz:
Serenissima Res Publica Coronae Regni Poloniae Magnique Ducatus Lithuaniae.
Yup, this should satisfy everyone. :grin:

othr said:
Hmm that's rather long :smile:

I'd just go with 'The Commonwealth' and be done with it.

Oi! *cracks the whip* Get back to 1257! What the heck are you doing here taking time off and enjoying yourself playing a new game?!  :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom