It seems purchasing the rank of major gets me the title but no perks

Users who are viewing this thread

Bianco

Regular
I am not sure if the uniforms for Captain and Major have been added yet or whatever, but when I used cheats to test out some of the features and purchase a commission, purchasing the rank of major (at least in this case for the UK) the only uniforms available are Lieutenant uniforms and below. Is this a glitch or something? Or should I try and buy it in order (Lieutenant, Captain, and then Major) to see if they appear? 

Well, I know for an definite answer that increase of rank means you can lead more men. But the uniforms, however, I have yet to see a sign of change.

I don't think there's a uniform above Lieutenant yet, but the benefit is indeed an increase in troops you can lead. Leadership of 5 and a rank of Major nets about 165 soldiers in total, which is pretty substantial.

After hours of trade and beating on the Austrians as the French, I was able to purchase a commission and become a Major. There was also no Captain/Major uniform for them as well, so I simply assumed that there wasn't one present. There might be some added in the future, but as of the present I don't think there is.
On a side note, does anyone know what a standard is? (I assumed it meant flag). Really want to see what happens when you present it.

BBBTR8 said:
After hours of trade and beating on the Austrians as the French, I was able to purchase a commission and become a Major. There was also no Captain/Major uniform for them as well, so I simply assumed that there wasn't one present. There might be some added in the future, but as of the present I don't think there is.
On a side note, does anyone know what a standard is? (I assumed it meant flag). Really want to see what happens when you present it.

A standard is a flag yes. When u hand it in via military depot liason officer, well let's say you get rewarded :smile:

General K said:
BBBTR8 said:

A standard is a flag yes. When u hand it in via military depot liason officer, well let's say you get rewarded :smile:

the only problem is that few armies have a standard i think every vassal and ruler should carry at least one

Gimokes said:
General K said:
BBBTR8 said:

It all depends on how many troops they have. I think the same rules should apply. Only platoon sizes sizes (15-30) that are same type of troop should then have an ensign or flag carrier. Most have 2 flag carriers, one carrying a Regiment/Company flag and the other carrying the national flag.

the only problem is that few armies have a standard i think every vassal and ruler should carry at least one.

Edit: @below, I completely agree. There should be a way to make the flag bearers have their flag but when enemies get close they defend with their swords. Obviously though u couldn't then pick up their flags so maybe some sort of alternative scripting could be done. Anyhow for now it will do.

No the amount of standards going around is good. Most parties don't have more than 100 guys. The very large ones have standards. Too many standards will make the game to easy.

(unless a mechanic is added for the standards to run away if the party is outmatched, then more should be added)

it should have a mechanic for depending of the standard they are more rare and worth more like the old guard is more worth and a line infantry is less worth
Edit: and this as well
(unless a mechanic is added for the standards to run away if the party is outmatched, then more should be added)

joer5835 said:
Didn't Docm mention somewhere that more officer uniforms and variations would be added later?

Yes I was asking about officer greatcoats like in Sharpe and he said that more variations and officer uniforms will be added at a later date :smile:

Back
Top Bottom