it just keeps getting worse - part 2

Users who are viewing this thread

I wasn't planning to feed the trolls, but you made me laugh too much h throughout this thread to pass on this opportunity to say: you are fantastic. Thanks for the lol. Also, since I'm here:

@Itisausername : The Disciple of Soon

I have to agree regarding your assessment. I've done one horse archer play through and have mostly stuck with infantry commanders in the others. It is definitely harder to play infantry instead of Cav, but I think it's a blast and completely doable on all difficult settings. I'm an average skill level player at best, and wish that the AI difficulty was actually tuned up again for max settings.

I really struggle to take anyone seriously who genuinely thinks game developers have alt accounts or pay people to argue with trolls on their own forums.

Also, archery absolutely isn't the 'EZ MODE' on this game. At all. It's slow and cumbersome to kill people compared to using a spear and not being terrible at the game or using a glaive on horseback even if you're absolutely terrible. Glaive on horseback or even just 2H on horseback is stupid broken easy.

Horse archers are not strong, they're just inconvenient. An army that's 45% Vlandian cavalry, 45% Fians and 10% best infantry with shields you can get and replace quickly to use to tie enemies up while you firehose them with arrows or lance them down can and does smash anything/everything. It's not like PoP elven archer units or really any CKO army sort of OPAF but it's as strong as it gets.

Yes, enemy on high difficulty sieges and uses ladders. My guess is there's some scenes that work poorly but at this point most are doing well. Honestly too well for attackers; I should be able to hold off or at least do a ton of damage to an army 3 or 4 times my size while defending but most locations you'll just get rolled. Admittedly that may be a product of playing on max battle size; that shifts advantage significantly to large numbers. One of my complaints about infantry balance is that right now 50 recruits will smash 25 of whatever top tier infantry you want. Conversely 25 top tier archers or 25 top tier cavalry will obliterate 75 or 100 pretty much anything else that isn't top tier archers or cavalry.

Horse archers are okay, they're not unstoppable though. The real power of the Khuzaits is speed - because they're faster they can get around to villages, rebuild their army and get into position faster and can regularly avoid battles they would otherwise lose. It's a product of cavalry armies, not horse archers.

I'm sad that mods are getting made and abandoned so quickly. So little is updated for 1.5.x. I get it though, changes have been significant and can be very frequent. Hopefully mod tools are out soon but we screamed for early access, this is what early access is like.

Guys, just let the devs do their work. Here are ppl that waited years for this game. Give them time. It doesn't matter if it takes half a year or a whole year until the game is finished. I am sure you will not be disappointed!

I really struggle to take anyone seriously who genuinely thinks game developers have alt accounts or pay people to argue with trolls on their own forums.

Also, archery absolutely isn't the 'EZ MODE' on this game. At all. It's slow and cumbersome to kill people compared to using a spear and not being terrible at the game or using a glaive on horseback even if you're absolutely terrible. Glaive on horseback or even just 2H on horseback is stupid broken easy.

Horse archers are not strong, they're just inconvenient. An army that's 45% Vlandian cavalry, 45% Fians and 10% best infantry with shields you can get and replace quickly to use to tie enemies up while you firehose them with arrows or lance them down can and does smash anything/everything. It's not like PoP elven archer units or really any CKO army sort of OPAF but it's as strong as it gets.

Yes, enemy on high difficulty sieges and uses ladders. My guess is there's some scenes that work poorly but at this point most are doing well. Honestly too well for attackers; I should be able to hold off or at least do a ton of damage to an army 3 or 4 times my size while defending but most locations you'll just get rolled. Admittedly that may be a product of playing on max battle size; that shifts advantage significantly to large numbers. One of my complaints about infantry balance is that right now 50 recruits will smash 25 of whatever top tier infantry you want. Conversely 25 top tier archers or 25 top tier cavalry will obliterate 75 or 100 pretty much anything else that isn't top tier archers or cavalry.

Horse archers are okay, they're not unstoppable though. The real power of the Khuzaits is speed - because they're faster they can get around to villages, rebuild their army and get into position faster and can regularly avoid battles they would otherwise lose. It's a product of cavalry armies, not horse archers.

I'm sad that mods are getting made and abandoned so quickly. So little is updated for 1.5.x. I get it though, changes have been significant and can be very frequent. Hopefully mod tools are out soon but we screamed for early access as well, this is what early access is like.

Agree..Archery takes skill to (Even though i think youre to accurate in the beginning still) and is one form of art landing those hits thru shields and when youre moving you need to take that in to account to. Sure youre pretty safish if youre on horseback but then theres ammo, to take in to account as well. Personally i like archery on foot rogue style with an knife but thats just preferences since horseback has its free charm to :smile:

Last edited:
The most disappointing fact is that taleworlds doesnt even plan to add more stuff into the game, what we have right now is what we will get at the end of EA. They only want to fix all that stuff what we have right now and maybe Improve/Balance it a little bit more and thats it. Really big yikes.
May I ask, who and when stated this? I can't recollect any similar statement about not adding a new content to the game. The only thing I remember is that mexxico stated, that he's not sure what features from WB will be added to Bannerlord in the future. But that doesn't mean they won't add ANYTHING at all.

May I ask, who and when stated this? I can't recollect any similar statement about not adding a new content to the game. The only thing I remember is that mexxico stated, that he's not sure what features from WB will be added to Bannerlord in the future. But that doesn't mean they won't add ANYTHING at all.

If you read it carefully then you will see that most of it actually just balancing/improving of what we have right now.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ing-plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine.422296/
If you read it carefully then you will see that most of it actually just balancing/improving of what we have right now.
we are also working on other parts of the game. Below you will find a list of some of these:
Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone.
Nothing of this tells that they won't add any new content and will only keep balancing out the existing things and mechanics. This list shows only a part of those things they are working on ATM. They're not telling us what other parts of the game they're also working on, but that doesn't mean they won't add anything new to the game.

Nothing of this tells that they won't add any new content and will only keep balancing out the existing things and mechanics. This list shows only a part of those things they are working on ATM. They're not telling us what other parts of the game they're also working on, but that doesn't mean they won't add anything new to the game.
Keep lying to yourself

Lesbosisles said:
Judging by the state of perks and other things - yes, they do :grin:

Now that's an argument.
wow that manipulation of the quote are showing that you want to fill an agenda of which ive seen thru many posts in here. But i liked that funny statement though from Lesbosisles ^^ dont forget about the clipping armors and for the love of god stats :wink: What some people dont see is that even if people understands and have tolerance with the process of the games progression doesn't mean that they agree with everything that is happening. But also some dont think longer then their own thumbs in their arses..In other words some just see what they want to justify their discontent and then say everyone is blind when in fact its em selves who are. Idk how many times ive been seen as doing "fanboying" when they dont have seen me getting warned on this forum because of arguments (of which they misunderstood) and also been yelling at this company couple of times not prioritizing certain things but instead complying to the forums who wants thousand off stuff right now in different directions. But then comes the question: Do i love this "franchise" ?. Heck yeah i fell in love in mount and blade long time ago. But i fell in love with a lot of other titles as well from which i saw burn em selves down during the years to plastic quantity things of which i now hate...So am i blindly following the things i love ?...Pfff im not that desperate kind of guy but im not giving up that easily either if i see something that are being done in the right direction and actually enjoying what i see in the bigger scale of things. But most of all that were all humans doing mistakes... important thing in the end though is that the heart is still there in the right place -peace upon the world who now are playing with fire

Last edited:
I got a warning point for saying "gotta make a Shisha break now" so you better watch out with those memes, mods dont seem to get jokes.

Heh i got a warning for saying " trans-specied Sheep Boys" and to "get the flock outta here"

Flock of sheep...? Guess they took that for a curse word. No fun in these forums to be had

Yes it fits the M&B Cult one streamer are talking about xD republic something
Soon the most wonderful word of them all.
Soon the greatest religion of them all.
Soon the most powerful word of them all.
Soon the greatest there will ever be.

Last edited:
Soon the most wonderful word of them all.
Soon the greatest religion of them all.
Sonn the most powerful word of them all.
Soon the greatest there will ever be.

*Bows to his knees* Soonem Soonem *then whips his back 3 times with an.....* erhm sorry mods forgot to be respectable

Back
Top Bottom