It feels too unfinished.

Users who are viewing this thread

I played aroud 5 hours already and have found so many bugs, that I cant even write them all. I hope the game will get improved a lot! There are also extreme performance issues like stuttering, astronomical ram usage and so on. But what buggs me the most right now, is that I get money like it was nothing, right from the beginning already. I just slayed some looters and get hundreds of denars, this is game breaking! For me even more then all the bugs. And I hate how I already have a banner and get called "lord", my character is a farmer! They shouldnt even listen to me nor let me in the lords hall!

You understand that making a post saying there are tons of bugs and then doing absolutely nothing to help identify or bring light to the bugs is completely useless and unhelpful?
Even if there are a lot, give some details on at least one. You sound like a child otherwise.

The main issue I have is that it desperately NEEDS optimization. Badly. I can deal with bugs and glitches, they existed in previous MnB titles, and I've played Bethesda games religiously. I can live with bugs. But the game's poor performance (across a range of PC specs not just low and mid tier PCs) is well known and it seriously hinders the clear and responsive combat that is part of Mount and Blade's DNA. For a game that spent 8 years in development it doesn't feel like it got more than a glancing pass of optimization.

You understand that making a post saying there are tons of bugs and then doing absolutely nothing to help identify or bring light to the bugs is completely useless and unhelpful?
Even if there are a lot, give some details on at least one. You sound like a child otherwise.

I want to play the game and not run around making hundreds of screenshots and videos of all the bugs and search through the endless threads if they have been reportet already. But I cann tell you which kinds of bugs I mean.

This random blue thing for example

CgVuVsH

strange rectangles in clothes

74VO5Uy

Branches going through buildings

x33DpZA

Sometimes people bunch up all in one place, but not like a gathering, they are really cramped together

4nPVyAj

People in towns and castles just stand on one random place and dont moove

MFhbhmj

Something is wrong with the child versions face of my character

lJraAsV

And no I made my character look normal

SbFM4j2

And these are just examples. Many of the bugs I found have been already reported.

I want to play the game and not run around making hundreds of screenshots and videos of all the bugs and search through the endless threads if they have been reportet already. But I cann tell you which kinds of bugs I mean.

This random blue thing for example

CgVuVsH

strange rectangles in clothes

74VO5Uy

Branches going through buildings

x33DpZA

Sometimes people bunch up all in one place, but not like a gathering, they are really cramped together

4nPVyAj

People in towns and castles just stand on one random place and dont moove

MFhbhmj

Something is wrong with the child versions face of my character

lJraAsV

And no I made my character look normal

SbFM4j2

And these are just examples. Many of the bugs I found have been already reported.

There seems to be a bug in your images.

(You seem to have added an extra letter to imgur)

I've only run into a small number of bugs in ~10 hours , and only one that caused the game to crash (couldn't enter one city, a few quests bugged out). Is there more to do? Of course. Early access.

The game looks gorgeous, combat's pretty decent, the AI's combatants are pretty good.

But what buggs me the most right now, is that I get money like it was nothing, right from the beginning already. I just slayed some looters and get hundreds of denars, this is game breaking! For me even more then all the bugs. And I hate how I already have a banner and get called "lord", my character is a farmer! They shouldnt even listen to me nor let me in the lords hall!

Sh*t, thats really ruins the experience...

Here's my current list of gripes after a few hours:
-The same exact start everytime regardless of what you choose as a background
-You can easily get lots of money and rise to power relatively quickly
-Instantly start with a banner and clan for some reason. Did they even work on an early game?
-Tiered armor is dumb, my leather cap at tier 6 shouldn't be better than a heavy legionary helmet that's tier 2, doesn't make any sense.
-Tournaments are meh copies of Warband and don't feel very improved
-Every single townsfolk has the same dialogue of saying some random **** about a random person I didn't ask about, and then not saying anything to me
-I tend to be finding the same side quests over and over again
-Bandit raids are the same every time but they're not capped on the amount of infantry they can have in the camp, but you're capped at how many you can take in (8 people + you, you can't choose)

More to come most likely

Here's my current list of gripes after a few hours:
-The same exact start everytime regardless of what you choose as a background
-You can easily get lots of money and rise to power relatively quickly
-Instantly start with a banner and clan for some reason. Did they even work on an early game?
-Tiered armor is dumb, my leather cap at tier 6 shouldn't be better than a heavy legionary helmet that's tier 2, doesn't make any sense.
-Tournaments are meh copies of Warband and don't feel very improved
-Every single townsfolk has the same dialogue of saying some random **** about a random person I didn't ask about, and then not saying anything to me
-I tend to be finding the same side quests over and over again
-Bandit raids are the same every time but they're not capped on the amount of infantry they can have in the camp, but you're capped at how many you can take in (8 people + you, you can't choose)

More to come most likely

Many of thouse are just because it's an early access, like dialogue and quests for example, they are just placeholders. TW talked about this. But this quick rise to power and wealth is really annoying and doesen't have to do with it being an early access. I mean I remember how much time it consumed to just get enough reputation to even be hired as a really low paid mercenary. Then it took a long time to get the banner and join a faction, don't even let me start with getting your first fiew. It felt like a real achievement, to get a little village and maybe after 100 hours of playing I got my first castle. I only managed to conquer it because it had recently been conquered already by others and had a low garrison.

Then the money. At the beginning you were just chasing after small bandid groups, like now in Bannerlord too. In Warband you defeated them, got 1-2 reputation, sold their stuff for like 3 dinars and with a lot of luck you capture some as prisoners. Then you would think "oh lets go to the shop and buy some awesome swords" and you would look at the prices and forget about that for the next hundred hours. In Bannerlord you defeat one group of bandits, sell their stuff for 1000 dinars, sell them all as prisoners and buy everything you want.

This is game breaking. All the graphic and performance bugs aside, this is playing with the whole concept of Mount&Blades. Please TaleWorlds take care of this before you take care of the visual bugs.

Many of thouse are just because it's an early access, like dialogue and quests for example, they are just placeholders. TW talked about this. But this quick rise to power and wealth is really annoying and doesen't have to do with it being an early access. I mean I remember how much time it consumed to just get enough reputation to even be hired as a really low paid mercenary. Then it took a long time to get the banner and join a faction, don't even let me start with getting your first fiew. It felt like a real achievement, to get a little village and maybe after 100 hours of playing I got my first castle. I only managed to conquer it because it had recently been conquered already by others and had a low garrison.

Then the money. At the beginning you were just chasing after small bandid groups, like now in Bannerlord too. In Warband you defeated them, got 1-2 reputation, sold their stuff for like 3 dinars and with a lot of luck you capture some as prisoners. Then you would think "oh lets go to the shop and buy some awesome swords" and you would look at the prices and forget about that for the next hundred hours. In Bannerlord you defeat one group of bandits, sell their stuff for 1000 dinars, sell them all as prisoners and buy everything you want.

This is game breaking. All the graphic and performance bugs aside, this is playing with the whole concept of Mount&Blades. Please TaleWorlds take care of this before you take care of the visual bugs.
You guys said alot of what i was thinking. The early game missing, and also I think even though it is EA, there are sooo many BASIC things missing, like asking directions to where people are, following parties, regular questions like in warband to villagers and lords, menus to see relations of factions and your crime rates etc. Why is all this very basic stuff missing

You guys said alot of what i was thinking. The early game missing, and also I think even though it is EA, there are sooo many BASIC things missing, like asking directions to where people are, following parties, regular questions like in warband to villagers and lords, menus to see relations of factions and your crime rates etc. Why is all this very basic stuff missing

Yea, it's not that I don't realize that its an ea, but there are some core elements of this series, that have to work, to make it playable and fun. I mean I played Warband for around 1000 hours despite it beeing kind of a buggy mess with low graphic and many repetitive things. It was just the games core elements, that made it so awesome. This feeling of achievement when you managed to grind yourself up from a weak nobody to a mighty king. All the lords who spat on you now kneeing before your feet. You just had to earn every single step, nothing was just presented to you.

Most people won't want to grind 100 hours for their first castle though I would agree that money is pretty easy to come by relative to warband, especially after you've amassed 50+ troops and start defeating other lords for their loot. You can always turn up the difficulty if you really want that long grind.

The game is largely incomplete imo and there are many things TW could do to improve the game substantially.

Some issues I've had so far:
-Lack of item variety. Items don't feel exceptional or unique. Didn't even bother to add traits like rusty, refined, ect.
-Lack of minor factions/clans. When your faction is not at war, all you can do is grind on looters and hope your army upkeep does not eat up your gold. Bandit raids get very repetitive.
-Dynasty system incompatible with current game. Each year is basically 4 hours of game time. Most people won't play 80 hours to see their children reach adulthood. Should reduce season units from 30 to 10 and add a dynasty tree UI instead of just the encyclopedia which is unusable for extended families.
-Lack of dialogue options with most NPCs (companions, lords, kings, ect). Very incomplete and lacking here.
-The combat tutorial is fine but there's no tutorial for anything else.
-Lack of kingdom management or things to do other than constantly traveling the map 24/7/365 looking for endless battles.
-Lords/kings do not have retainers or even companions in their armies, and not chumps but usually don't stand out in the battlefields.
-Armies keep canceling sieges, never fully taking over castles.
-Quests still very meh, no quests really stand out and not much variety.
-Lord/clan regeneration still very questionable as it is very easy to capture and kill enemy lords with little penalty game needs to show better way of regenerating clans and lords.
-Lack of interesting companions, mostly low level unequipped.
-Marriage/Lord wives/daughters still seem to be very incomplete.
-Kingdom policies are very unbalanced and disorganized. UI really needs to arrange the policies for tax, militia, renown, ect to be more readable. Some policies have no downside for anyone so there's absolutely no reason not to vote for them.
-Culture traits not unique enough. Having battanion move 10% faster in the forest or 30% cheaper caravans is not enough distinction. Each faction should have at least three factors that separate them.

At this point I just hope there's some good mods. Game is ok so far, just very incomplete.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom