Issues im having

Users who are viewing this thread

Friendly AI armies are retarded in battles: My army and another friendly army joined in on attack an enemy that was laying siege to one of our towns. I had my army that consisted of 5 lords army go all the way around the enemy and approached from the rear. The enemy did a 180 and faced my direction. As mine and the enemy archers exchanged fire, the friendly army just stood there instead of taking the advantage and attack from behind. Long story short, the friendly army did not engage the enemy at all. They just keep on coming close and then retreating back. I lost all my troops and they still stood there.

Collision needs a major retweaking: Battles are becoming very boring, frustrating, and uninteresting. They literally try to run through each other. They tried to swing their weapons but can't complete their swing due to being too close. They wait until they're chest and face are touching each other. I can't even tell who is who because it seems like they are phasing through each other. The only thing you see are swords in the air because they cant swing. They are so tight to where its just 1 massive bloob where everyone seems to be phasing in and out. They need to be trying to get distance between each other and trying to out maneuver each other.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....588/2424CC6B717DF314448BF73D984E2713F622102A/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....345/3E89550D27000E24ADA0FD883FDF79A0C6E866CF/

Troops health are too low in this game: Allow us to adjust AI health lvl in options. Battles don't last long. The same way we can adjust damage dealt to player troops in options, give us the ability to adjust max health of everybody.

Troops health are too low in this game: Allow us to adjust AI health lvl in options. Battles don't last long. The same way we can adjust damage dealt to player troops in options, give us the ability to adjust max health of everybody.
hmm this is a cool solution to that actually. I kinda like it. Doubling troops health would make for interesting dynamics, like archers being weaker just because they can't kill as many and as easily (and we need that). Armor more effective... and yes, battles lasting longer. Can easily be a mod, but I think it would be worth a try that developers test this and maybe increase health of troops per total and see how that goes. Or give difficulty options more freedom of choice (like reduce damage 2x for friendly troops and enemies, instead of it being a one-sided thing. I get what you're saying, you don't want an easier game (you want it to remain fair) but also want battles to last longer. Personally I wouldn't want so little damage dealt to me that I turn into a hedgehog like in second image, but a little more tankiness to troops would maybe be good.

If attributes also gave health (endurance) then higher tiered troops could have more health. And it makes sense, since they exercise more, eat more (well, they should eat more than a peasant really, so maybe that needs to be a feature), and would make at least high tier troops more tanky in general. Archers would deal more damage etc, because Control and Vitality would give damage let's say

Last edited:
hmm this is a cool solution to that actually. I kinda like it. Doubling troops health would make for interesting dynamics, like archers being weaker just because they can't kill as many and as easily (and we need that). Armor more effective... and yes, battles lasting longer. Can easily be a mod, but I think it would be worth a try that developers test this and maybe increase health of troops per total and see how that goes. Or give difficulty options more freedom of choice (like reduce damage 2x for friendly troops and enemies, instead of it being a one-sided thing. I get what you're saying, you don't want an easier game (you want it to remain fair) but also want battles to last longer. Personally I wouldn't want so little damage dealt to me that I turn into a hedgehog like in second image, but a little more tankiness to troops would maybe be good.

If attributes also gave health (endurance) then higher tiered troops could have more health. And it makes sense, since they exercise more, eat more (well, they should eat more than a peasant really, so maybe that needs to be a feature), and would make at least high tier troops more tanky in general. Archers would deal more damage etc, because Control and Vitality would give damage let's say
There was a mod that increased collision distance and another mod that allow you to increase the overall AI health pool. With those 2 mods, the battle were epic. They actually tried to out maneuver each other and didn't all try to attack the same person. there was enough space for you to walk through too. The battle was so immense that running from one end of the battle field to the other end took around 2 to 3 minutes. That's how spread out they were and they didn't try to all stay in the center. Both mods has been abandon and never been updated. The picture below is how i felt with those both mods. Greater health allowed them to spread out instead of dying so quickly. They also stayed some distance away from each other just enough to reach each other. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCLif1ZjDz-4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAc

There was a mod that increased collision distance and another mod that allow you to increase the overall AI health pool. With those 2 mods, the battle were epic. They actually tried to out maneuver each other and didn't all try to attack the same person. there was enough space for you to walk through too. The battle was so immense that running from one end of the battle field to the other end took around 2 to 3 minutes. That's how spread out they were and they didn't try to all stay in the center. Both mods has been abandon and never been updated. The picture below is how i felt with those both mods. Greater health allowed them to spread out instead of dying so quickly. They also stayed some distance away from each other just enough to reach each other. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-king-arthur-2004-clive-owen-29252939.html&psig=AOvVaw1yK-8qo_ySzTOuWbi-Rq-G&ust=1612503861732000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCLif1ZjDz-4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAc
modders definitely get tired of updating their mods after every game patch, so it's understandable that they wouldn't update them. But certainly they will be a thing once game is fully released. Still, I would like if taleworlds experimented with such things to improve the battles, I think that would be good

Back
Top Bottom