Is Xbox One Controller Support on the Way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do the devs have any intention of releasing Xbox controller support for the game? Or is anyone working on a mod that covers most of the essential keybinds? It would be nice to be able to rebind F (keyboard) to A (Xbox) for all interactions, but the keybind controls in Options don't let you do that. I figured out how to do it with reWASD, but it's still a little awkward, as A (Xbox) is also set to be the jump key. So, for example, initiating a conversation with the A (Xbox) key works, but I was hopping at the same time, until I remapped A (Xbox) to (B Xbox). I also mapped some of the function keys to the D-pad for ordering troops in combat. It's a little bit of a PITA given how many commands there are, but I mostly have been using F1+F3 (Charge) and O + F6 (AI controls all troops), and those are easy individual remaps to the D-pad keys.

The existing keybinds on the keyboard are fine, I just have never actually played a game with keyboard and mouse, but have always used a controller for Skyrim, Witcher 3, etc, even on PC, and I find it awkward to play with a keyboard. As it stands now, there's a sort-of hybrid functionality where you can mostly play with a controller, but you still need a keyboard and mouse. Prime example, right d-pad is unsheathe, and clicking it again cycles through all your weapons. That's cool, but unsheathe is the "backslash" key on the keyboard, which is not intuitive at all.

Back
Top Bottom