Is this what you want to see?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know why the marksman price is so low, but the damage and efficiency are so high that now almost everyone is playing marksman, almost everyone is choosing Valandia, is this balance what you want?
psc

This is an intentional design decision on Taleworlds' end. Despite the game having an option to play as a melee infantry or horseman, Bannerlord multiplayer is actually a tactical shooter with a medieval coat of paint. Vlandia just so happens to be the best faction at spamming an already overpowered unit type.

This is an intentional design decision on Taleworlds' end. Despite the game having an option to play as a melee infantry or horseman, Bannerlord multiplayer is actually a tactical shooter with a medieval coat of paint. Vlandia just so happens to be the best faction at spamming an already overpowered unit type.
The valandia and Khuziat peasants only need to pick up a good weapon on the ground and bring a looter to ensure that a whole bureau uses superior units, while other nations have to reuse garbage units

The valandia and Khuziat peasants only need to pick up a good weapon on the ground and bring a looter to ensure that a whole bureau uses superior units, while other nations have to reuse garbage units
Econ is heavily unbalanced in favor of vlandia (also for khuzait, but they do not have access to heavy inf so the effect is not that dramatic). Their whole team can be sergeants and voulgiers by the end of the game in siege. Fighting against that is infuriating since you are need to hit a sergeant maybe 4 to 6 times to get a kill while they can easily kill you with 2 or 3.

Crossbows are also extremely good. IMO you can keep their dominance against other archers but their draw speed needs to be reduced. Esp since the arbelist reloads so fast.

Crossbows are also extremely good. IMO you can keep their dominance against other archers but their draw speed needs to be reduced. Esp since the arbelist reloads so fast.
I think the sharpshooter is the most problematic of heavy archers IMO. Personally, I would wanna see these changes happen:

Crossbow replaced with Long Bow
Heavy Crossbow replaced with Random Bow (includes all heavy archers' shortbows and longbows, along with the Sturgian Hunter's longbows)
Arbalest/Bolt replaced with Hickory Crossbow/Strong Bolt
New ammo type: Vlandian Bolt (Stronger than the default Strong Bolt, but only has 20 bolts. I think we'd be looking at either 79 or 80 damage for the Hickory Crossbow, which would still be below what the Arbalest with standard bolts would do)

Vlandia is broken in every aspect. They have the best peasant unit, cheapest, looter perk so op and it runs so fast.

They have the best ranged units in the game. The best heavy infantry that can run like a horse while being armored to the teeth.

Best heavy cavalry that has huge armor and great lance.

Until when devs are gonna ignore all this imbalance in multiplayer?

They have the best peasant unit, cheapest, looter perk so op and it runs so fast.
I'd argue that Rabble has more killing power than the Peasant Levy. Farmer's actually a pretty useless meme perk and the Pickaxe feels pretty useless compared to the Hammer or having Improved Armor
They have the best ranged units in the game.
Intentional, and I don't think they'll ever nerf the spamming of archers just cuz they'd rather people treat Bannerlord like a tactical shooter
The best heavy infantry that can run like a horse while being armored to the teeth.
I don't think there's any point in arguing against this due to how good the Two-Handed Sword perk is. I think Varyag is still a pretty solid counterpart, at least.
Best heavy cavalry that has huge armor and great lance.
I dunno if that's actually the case. Mamluke can be played like a horse archer (and quite frankly, having a bow/arrow mamluke is mandatory in Captain mode for Aserai) while the Lancer's Heavy Glaive has a much lower skill requirement to use compared to most thrusting weapons. I still think that menav cav was the only thing that kept the number of archer spammers in check.

Hopefully, TaleWorlds might consider giving the Courser a faster version of the Palatine Guard's polearm for use in non-captain modes.

Replace the voulge with the original two handed sword is one fix I can think of. Also sergeants should not have that two handed sword in its current state. Might be the best weapon the game has ever had, barring 1.5 imperial heavy axe for legion

Replace the voulge with the original two handed sword is one fix I can think of. Also sergeants should not have that two handed sword in its current state. Might be the best weapon the game has ever had, barring 1.5 imperial heavy axe for legion
And then even more people will take crossbowman. Just nerf the crossbow units.

Isn't the issue that xbows are not that great in Captain mode but they use the same system, therefore with players the xbows are op but the a.i xbows in Captain mode are not that great when rushed/dealt with tactically?

For a very long time, Ive cried for autobalance by numbers (players dont pick a team) and forced random factions (Vlandia is picked 9/10 battles) in siege and maybe even TDM. I really think it would improve the game a lot and its simple to do

It would fixed said issue but then the problem of people not being able to play with friends is introduced. This is why its important to have the correct game modes for whatever style you wish to play in.

the problem of people not being able to play with friends is introduced. This is why its important to have the correct game modes for whatever style you wish to play in.
You have a chance of getting on the same team. If you are 5 friends who want to join the same team, Id say its not to have fun but to gain an unfair advantage. I get it, its fun to play with friends! But its just that it ruins the balance. Eventhough its not highly skilled players, even a team of newbies can perform well when they are coordinated and communicate.

For a very long time, Ive cried for autobalance by numbers (players dont pick a team) and forced random factions (Vlandia is picked 9/10 battles) in siege and maybe even TDM. I really think it would improve the game a lot and its simple to do
Autobalance by numbers is kind of flawed when you consider that some peasants need to outnumber other light infantry 5:1 (Looking at you, Recruit)

Autobalance by numbers is kind of flawed when you consider that some peasants need to outnumber other light infantry 5:1 (Looking at you, Recruit)
No type of balance is perfect, I agree. But autobalance would certainly be better than current balance mechanic. I understand that TW wish to encourage co-op and I like that, I just think having groups join the same team isnt the right way to do it. Most of them groups are experienced players and they do it because its a massive advantage.
We tend to compare M&B with a normal shooter game - which is fine I suppose, to a certain degree - all the competitive shooters Ive played (Free For All public) had autobalance by numbers

No type of balance is perfect, I agree. But autobalance would certainly be better than current balance mechanic. I understand that TW wish to encourage co-op and I like that, I just think having groups join the same team isnt the right way to do it. Most of them groups are experienced players and they do it because its a massive advantage.
We tend to compare M&B with a normal shooter game - which is fine I suppose, to a certain degree - all the competitive shooters Ive played (Free For All public) had autobalance by numbers
Honestly, i think if we're to do autobalance by numbers, I imagine certain factions would need to get special treatment when being matched against other factions. (i.e: Vlandia vs Empire would probably need to have more Empire players than Vlandia in order to really be balanced, since recruits often need to outnumber most forms of infantry, whereas a Peasant Levy can die without getting a kill in order to respawn as a Volgier after a few deaths)

Honestly, i think if we're to do autobalance by numbers, I imagine certain factions would need to get special treatment when being matched against other factions. (i.e: Vlandia vs Empire would probably need to have more Empire players than Vlandia in order to really be balanced, since recruits often need to outnumber most forms of infantry, whereas a Peasant Levy can die without getting a kill in order to respawn as a Volgier after a few deaths)
Im not so sure. 1 skilled player may turn the tides of a battle, regardless of the faction she is playing

Back
Top Bottom