Is this Patch 1.7.0 the final version of the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just want to add that patch numbers are (kinda) arbitrary and doesn't really have to reach, say, 1.6.9 before going to 1.7.0, so they didn't "jump" over anything. The middle numbers are like milestones they decided on, and they would move the proper number when they reach one. The last digit is just whatever amount of patches they need while working to the next milestone. This also means that there's no standard to assume like, the development would end after 1.9.0 or something like that. As I said, they're kinda arbitrary.
I think calling 1.7 instead of 1.6.7 is trying to appease players who had assumed in the past that version number was supposed to have to do with how much was added. Remember when 1.5.9 went to 1.5.10 first people were confused why it was .10 and no1 .6 and people speculated it was because the change wasn't enough then when the next update was 1.6 (not 1.5.11) people complain and the change was much smaller then they though based on the number. But yeah it just needs a number but I think it's good call to to bump it up to 1.7, make it stand out and significant update to people who might not fallow the details.

DLCs are a legitimate way to earn extra money as long as they don't purposely hamper the Mods.
Honestly, what I think will happen with DLCs is make us of the module system. If you have a DLC, you will be able to add that DLC to the game with the correct module. I don't think that will get in the way with too many mods, as if you want to play a mod without the DLC, just take off the module. Or, if a mod requires a DLC, just add the module back on.

This is total speculation, but I think that this system probably makes the most sense.

Honestly, what I think will happen with DLCs is make us of the module system. If you have a DLC, you will be able to add that DLC to the game with the correct module. I don't think that will get in the way with too many mods, as if you want to play a mod without the DLC, just take off the module. Or, if a mod requires a DLC, just add the module back on.

This is total speculation, but I think that this system probably makes the most sense.
I mean, it's more about content, something that they could add as a DLC, like new units, new armor or weapons, new factions etc, are already added as mods.

The game is not finished until BANNERLORD adds BANNERS!!!!!!
....and many more haircuts.

vLrAnkG.jpg

A common thread in dev posts is that many aspects of the simulation only appear barebones because very little info about them is presented to the player. But the complexity is somewhat visible from the sensitivity of the economy and notables to seemingly minor patch tweaks.
I would still love me some court politics. Battles are nice, but after a while they feel tedious. And this game has long campaigns.

I mean, it's more about content, something that they could add as a DLC, like new units, new armor or weapons, new factions etc, are already added as mods.
I mean, that’s not the only thing they could add via DLC. We all remember the Elephant DLC scenario, which means they could be adding custom models and animations. And, another popular idea is that they could actually be adding Naval Warfare.

I mean, that’s not the only thing they could add via DLC. We all remember the Elephant DLC scenario, which means they could be adding custom models and animations. And, another popular idea is that they could actually be adding Naval Warfare.
Coming with DLC, the possibilities are infinite...
Only limit would be the delicate line between what players are ready to pay for and what they would feel frustrated to pay for...
The criminal empire stuff for example...
Players would certainly be frustrated to have to pay for a DLC that simply implements alley fights (already existing), a bunch of additional criminal quests and some smuggling business stuff.
But they would be ok to pay for the above + having the possiblity to sneak in town for specific missions like sabotage, spy, murder, etc... Being able to build, hold and improve your own hideout and all the scenery, armoury needed to allow a true immersion in a criminal playthrough...

The criminal empire stuff for example...
Players would certainly be frustrated to have to pay for a DLC that simply implements alley fights (already existing), a bunch of additional criminal quests and some smuggling business stuff.
But they would be ok to pay for the above + having the possiblity to sneak in town for specific missions like sabotage, spy, murder, etc... Being able to build, hold and improve your own hideout and all the scenery, armoury needed to allow a true immersion in a criminal playthrough...
Honestly, I don't think Criminal Empire stuff should be a DLC, that should be in the base game. If they ever add it, it should be added through a patch, and not make players pay for it.

But I entirely understand the sentiment. The DLC does have to be something that is actually worth the money that players are going to pay.

Honestly, I don't think Criminal Empire stuff should be a DLC, that should be in the base game. If they ever add it, it should be added through a patch, and not make players pay for it.

But I entirely understand the sentiment. The DLC does have to be something that is actually worth the money that players are going to pay.

if we have elephants in DLC...

As much as it marks me as a simp, I would gladly pay actual money for a slightly improved DLC version of what the Diplomacy mod already offers. Especially if it included feasts and intrigue quests and like any reason to improve relation score with anyone.

Diplomacy and AI personality even on par with base M&B - let alone VC or modded WB - should have been in the base game, but I'd rather spend $10-20 for it than not have anything at all.

As much as it marks me as a simp, I would gladly pay actual money for a slightly improved DLC version of what the Diplomacy mod already offers. Especially if it included feasts and intrigue quests and like any reason to improve relation score with anyone.
add to it the bandit playthrough and i'm with ya...
Maybe not as far as paying extra for it... but i'd be glad to have it all in the game

Back
Top Bottom