Is this normal? Can Learning rate reach 0?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just look at the picture it will explain itself https://imgur.com/a/KcLWOIt

Some more details: I'm lvl 27, the only thing I did is fight a group of bandits on first few levels then I ran straight into Seonon and haven't moved my character from there and I have been smithing 24/7 for 82 days I reached lvl 274 with Smithing and now the learning rate reached 0, should this happen?

Just look at the picture it will explain itself https://imgur.com/a/KcLWOIt

Some more details: I'm lvl 27, the only thing I did is fight a group of bandits on first few levels then I ran straight into Seonon and haven't moved my character from there and I have been smithing 24/7 for 82 days I reached lvl 274 with Smithing and now the learning rate reached 0, should this happen?
Yes you will need more endurance attribute to raise smiting to 275 and above. You will still gain full leveling exp and part unlocking points for smithing at zero skill growth though. So keep hamming and you'll hit 28 and get that attribute.

Keep in mind every level up of character level reduces all skill growth(all skills), so being that high of level with only smithing is kinda awkward and self sabotaging. I recommend only using companions as smiths, the parts are unlocked for your whole clan so they can all work together. But save char and family for more useful skills. You can make a family smith weapons to force a level up if needed though.

It's not fair, balanced, well thought out or anything but a **** up that you're so penalized for leveling up. It's not even conveyed by the game itse;f.

Keep in mind every level up of character level reduces all skill growth(all skills),
Do you have a number to quantify this? I have never noticed this in game, not that I was looking for it. I was curious if you ever noted the change.

As an example, If I have zero skill levels in Leadership and a learning rate of 5. Then I level up 10 times, how much does my learning rate go down?

Anyone know why his Smith skill didn't turn red?

I don't but @mylittletantan made a graph
Character level has an impact on the skills learning rate. Since the character level uses raw experience (is unaffected by learning rate) you can gain a massive amount from a skill like smithing, even at 0 rate, which will slow down all the other skills. Therefore character leveling speed must be considered when balancing skill leveling speed. Also afaik all the skill effects work (some maybe not as advertised but still), I assume you meant perks.

For learning rate and how it is affected by character level:
mylittletantan said:
Desmos | Graphing Calculator

www.desmos.com
That graph shows learning rate at level (x is level). A = attribute, F = focus points, S = skill value. If L is negative, the skill is over learning limit and the purple line is the learning rate, if positive the red line is the learning rate.

Yes you will need more endurance attribute to raise smiting to 275 and above. You will still gain full levelling exp and part unlocking points for smithing at zero skill growth though. So keep hamming and you'll hit 28 and get that attribute.

Keep in mind every level up of character level reduces all skill growth(all skills), so being that high of level with only smithing is kinda awkward and self sabotaging. I recommend only using companions as smiths, the parts are unlocked for your whole clan so they can all work together. But save char and family for more useful skills. You can make a family smith weapons to force a level up if needed though.

It's not fair, balanced, well thought out or anything but a **** up that you're so penalized for levelling up. It's not even conveyed by the game itse;f.

Thanks for the detailed answer, I had no idea that levelling up actually lowers my learning rate. That's really bad, I would play it out totally different then. I essentially wanted to start out the story as a Battanian mastercraftsman forced into war. So that's why I only worked on smithing + I know that Vlandians and/or Sturgians will always invade Seonon at some point (Sturgians actually took it in my playthrough) and that would force my character to begin her life of war.

I don't mind levelling getting harder as we progress, but I seriously believe that no skill Learning should ever fall below x1.00 ratio, if I wanted to work and grind for it I should be able to achieve max rank in every skill eventually

I don't but mylittletantan made a graph
I just did a quick test on my current playthrough. I went from level 26 to level 28 abusing Smithing.

My Medicine learning rate decreased by 0.09 each time I leveled up.

I'm curious what this was trying to simulate or what in game reasoning was for this.

I wonder if this can lower the learning rate to zero if you level up too much.

I just did a quick test on my current playthrough. I went from level 26 to level 28 abusing Smithing.

I'm curious what this was trying to simulate or what in game reasoning was for this.

I feel like it was maybe intended for a different skill up system in early development. It makes slightly more sense (though unbalanced and bad still) in the earlier version where you needed a number of skill points to level, rather then raw exp. You could, somewhat control what skills you raised as you leveled, though it was annoying to do so. As it is now, you level up the more you do basically, whether you raise skills or not. So no matter how you invest you points, if you do well in combat or such, you gain fast levels and lose you skill learning speed with nothing to show for it.

Well yes it can dude, that was the entire point of this post, like were you paying attention? Did you see the title?

I ignored your post and changed the subject of this thread to something that interested me. I guess you missed that.
First of all, changing topic of the post is incredibly rude, if you need to divert then make your own post

Second: What you are changing the subject to is literally THE subject of the post AKA Learning Rate dropping to 0 and in case you missed it the very first reply was that that is possible along with Shantis very detailed answer that confirmed it again, so I would advise to next time read before you comment

Back
Top Bottom