Is this mod still alive?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think a lot of the team is busy.

Computica might not have the right computer to work on it?

Can't really recall.

If anything i wouldn't expect anything until bannerlord. Nothing much came out since the initial release a few years back so id just keep the expectations low.

Wow libspit isn't even coming in to disput this anymore?  I guess it really is over. Well the version we have is the best thing we have until Bannerlord, which now has a tentative month marked out, can't wait (for that to move farther into the future! ha!) We will see though.

In the mean time the wonderful submods are something you all should try out.  I personally like the Adenian Front, tweaked slightly, and added to my redone inventory for Antarian/Zerrikanian ones.  I mean a faction built around shields (Antarians) why would the noble faith troops charge up a ladder to soak arrows up with their faces?

Ive been mostly playing empire 3 and nova aetas although they have some bug here and there its feature rich and in the same vein as this mod and yeah i guess this is it for this mod. We'll see when bannerlord comes out which mods make a comeback.

I reiterate my previous statements regarding the mod.

I spoke to compy about a month and a bit ago.

Still saving money. (For a new computer system)

LibSpit said:
I reiterate my previous statements regarding the mod.

I spoke to compy about a month and a bit ago.

Still saving money. (For a new computer system)

Don't get annoyed or anything, it's been awhile, Compy could have dropped the whole thing any time especially with imminent arrival of Bannerlord, we don't know, the fact people keep asking just means they care.

I'm still alive guys, I still think about the mod and have kept the files around from my old laptop on my spare HDD. Got a regular laptop I can do some scripting on just no GPU inside it. Build my computer is kinda on hiatus until my family gets moved in to there house. I'm still deciding on moving out on my own I'm just waiting to take a specific training class so I can start making more money every week since my income is variable with my job.

What I need to do is start doing some light coding to keep myself fresh, I'll be lurking on the forums for the while. To be honest I'm on steam a lot these days, you all should add me. Steam Username: Computica

Great to see you're still around! I used to play the original SoD all the time in vanilla M&B. The different cultures, unique troops, laws, religions. It is a damn cool mod. Too bad I can no longer play the original version anymore. That's why I'm keeping an eye on this board from time to time. =)

I really am super surprised people online are still looking for me after all this time, its been 6 years since a release, I honestly want this to be the last year that goes by without any kind of development in something to do with Mount & Blade. I don't know if I'll start modding M&B in the coming months but I am dabbling in other games. These days I've mostly been working in Digital Art. I do mod still its just been here or there still, I just dropped a Level Cap Extender mod for Pillars of Eternity on the Nexus. So i still have the will to mod games in me, even take on new challenges at that.

Life wise, I'm enjoying it, been working but not as much as I should be. I kinda lost my purpose for a sec. Getting a little big around the waist too! I'm trying to lose that lol. I have my own apartment now, I just need furniture and a mattress now. I'll probably be spending 2 to 3 Grand on that. As far as the PC scene I'm glad I haven't bit down on that all the way. God bless AMD my pc is looking like it'll be a Ryzen 7 based one. Good thing is that I'm scaling back a lot on what I was aiming for on price and after the Nvidia shenanigans with the Titan X Pascal/XP I'll probably wait on getting anything near the top end. I just really wanted a card that could let me crunch renders with good speed.

Other than that life is good, I honestly know though I'm not really happy unless I'm modding something now.

Computica said:
I really am super surprised people online are still looking for me after all this time, its been 6 years since a release...

This is still one of the best mods for Warband, it's hard to forget about it especially since it was the first mod that made me enjoy the game so much. Trying to get back into Warband is really difficult without SoD, so I check back every couple of months just in case. God knows how much excitement I'm suppressing for Bannerlord and who knows when that'll get a release.

Either way, I'm glad you're back in action so to speak.

Thanks I just turned 29 yesterday and honestly SoD is something I always think about. I'm not going to make any promises but I will dabble a bit with coding in Warband, try some mods etc.

Getting back to modding may be like starting a long freight train after a complete stop but I have ideas that have been at the forefront of my mind about SoD. The concept I planned on having before I stop is a good one and I really want to see it in action.

It'll definitely require a total rewrite of 80% of the native code. A lot of system really need to be done diffrently and if new operations (improvements) in Warband were added to the Engine since my time away would definitely keep me interested.

This mod is currently the top post on reddit. So sorta, yeah!  Also going to see about how to post a submod I've been picking at for this amazing subject.  Dug out all the interesting gear that wasn't being used and slapped it on the zealous troops. It just looks way to awesome not to. Will see about fleshing out the noble's tree too. Lot of room for neat additions that way. Imagining a boyar son being upgraded to a Zerk Immortal OR a boyar or a Aden squire  being a knight OR Foot knight etc.

Back
Top Bottom