Is this mod alive or dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Is this mod alive or dead? It appears to be dead since I cant find any servers and all the information is outdated by 22 billion years. Was wondering how many people still actually play this? Because just downloaded and it looks awesome, so why no-one playing it hmm?

Well, me and my friend are going to try and get it going again :wink: We are trying to set up a server for it at this very moment and going to try to get people back on this mod. Such a good mod, shame to see it sit here  :cry:

Dear newbies.
Here's how to find exactly how dead a mod is.
1. Find who is the author or lead coder.
This should be easy, but for the 13-year olds here, it's one of the moderators and the person that started most of the stickied threads, particularly the one that has the download in it.
For this mod it's woyo-sensei. Yay!
2. Click on this guy and check his posting history. Note the last date he was on this forum. If it was more than 3 months ago, the mod is almost certainly dead.
Why would it be dead? Check the last posts.
Here's the last one for your convenience:
woyo-sensei said:
Suminagashi said:
That is to say, the thread was created on May 9th, as opposed to an expected release on September 5th. WoYo-Sensei is indeed working on the mod, primarily multiplayer for the time being. However, the lack of a compatible version of WSE is causing a bit of a delay in the development process.
That`s true. There is no point to continue without WSE, and probably even for actual version of Warband (1.153). Everyone are waiting for any updates for stable next version of Warband, and then, maybe, for new WSE version. ATM will be no more updates for this mod till new WSE version. Sorry guys, but, as I said, it`s no point without WSE.

Is everything now clear? Do you feel able to find out on your own if other mods are dead? I certainly hope so.

yup is dead.... may i recommend Gekokujo is a samurai mod for warband is awesome works with current version 1.153-4 and did i say its awesome :grin:

not trying to recruit anybody since i'm no modder and take no part in mods except playing them, i just thought that maybe this guy had the same problem i had with this mod back when i tried it that i couldn't get passed the part where your father dies because of versions incompatibilities so i though why not try and get him to play this other mod, was just trying to be helpful, and like the dude above said the maker of this mod stated that there wont be no point in continuing without a new WSE version so i think its really much dead, plus if the op is looking for multiplayer then my suggestion is worthless since its only for SP, all in all i apologize for coming on as something other than i intended to :grin:

I am always unsure if a mod being "dead" means the modder hasn't logged on in 2+ years since last login time activity so yes I am pretty sure it is dead unless woyo comes back sometime.

Back
Top Bottom