Is this game worth the money?

Users who are viewing this thread

SirAgmund said:
[couldn't resist + NECRO!]

2 weeks old, you are such a weak necromancer. Go back to the dark arts school, you have much to learn!

Meatloaf said:
I just want to hear opinions from other people.

I found it quite fun, but the game is very arcade and kept too much mechanics from Warband, which in my view don't make sense for a Carribean 17th century game. I played some of sandbox as a pirate, some as a governor (vassal of a European power) and a entire storyline campaign (~15 hours). Total is about ~22 hours.

Some of the new things like the ship combat, siege attacks (from sea and land), polearms that actually keep enemies away from you, etc, were quite good! And don't forget about the pistol+axe gun! Its a gun, its a axe, its a axegun!

My next campaign will be a custom one after I mod the game, as those hours above only had a few tweaks here and there. In case you don't know: game code is available, so you can easily mod stuff/tweak the game.

TLDR: yeap!

It's a weird case, really, there's a lot of criticism and it's all valid, mind you, but then you jump to other ship to blunderbuss someone in a face and all of sudden it's three hours later.

Do not look here said:
It's a weird case, really, there's a lot of criticism and it's all valid, mind you, but then you jump to other ship to blunderbuss someone in a face and all of sudden it's three hours later.

Hmmm. Might have to reinstall and give it a whirl.

Bought it a hella long time ago, and played a bit, but decided it wasn't quite cooked yet and uninstalled it.

Any particular recommendations? Obviously since I'll be installing the game off my Steam library it will presumably push me the latest version. Mods? Game play suggestions?

It is both single and multiplayer right?

Back
Top Bottom