Is this a joke?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hektop

Recruit
Oceania got more custom servers than NA. Even oceania got a siege server and NA got only the broken spawn TDM. The funny thing is that most of players of oceania siege are not even from oceania.

What is the goal on such thing? Make a server located on Hawaii, and wait for no one to play...

1f9.png

There are a lof of decisions which don´t make a lot of sense, we need to accept this.

They are 100% still playing around with server numbers and locations; I wouldn't worry too much. It's not like NA is not going to have the most (or close to the most) servers by launch anyway.

Oceana is a larger population than North America. And before someone corrects me, we're talking about videogame server oceana here, which can include China and other Asian countries.

Last edited:
Oceania got more custom servers than NA. Even oceania got a siege server and NA got only the broken spawn TDM. The funny thing is that most of players of oceania siege are not even from oceania.

What is the goal on such thing? Make a server located on Hawaii, and wait for no one to play...

NA is included in matchmaking which is why you see fewer custom servers for that region.

And more players playing this game (!) are from Asia than from NA? I doubt it.

Dont doubt it. Warband had how many total conversion mods from China? 5-6? There are already a bunch of Chinese made mods on Nexus and they are even taking the time to try to translate them into English unlike with Warband...hell one of them is a prime mover on finding the codes to unlock multiple marriages, making companions/children into lords/clans for your kingdom.

With just a few good mods placed on the right Chinese gaming site and they can easily pick up a couple 100k sales there and if someone makes a great Three Kingdoms based total conversion, Chinese players will outnumber everyone else by 2-1 in a short time.

And many of us Oceanic players would gladly trade our custom servers for locally hosted match making servers, just sayin' :wink:
(Even if it was just for captain mode and skirmish). One can dream.
I think game pop is too low in Oceania now to support matchmaking. I think best course of action is if TW can put up custom server for captain/skirmish. I think Captain alone would have a lot of people playing it.

I think game pop is too low in Oceania now to support matchmaking. I think best course of action is if TW can put up custom server for captain/skirmish. I think Captain alone would have a lot of people playing it.

You may be right. Although, that could also be because you cannot play Multiplayer when you have the Beta installed. (And also the custom TDM servers and Siege maps get repetitive very quickly. If Oceanic had matchmaking from the start it may still be very active)...

I guess we'll just have to wait for custom servers and join clans/discord servers.

I really enjoyed Captain/Skirmish but I've since gone to NZ and now it's way too laggy to play the East Asia servers. It was only barely playable from Australia.

Warband oceanic multiplayer had a pretty dedicated group of people. I think the same will happen with Bannerlord.

You may be right. Although, that could also be because you cannot play Multiplayer when you have the Beta installed. (And also the custom TDM servers and Siege maps get repetitive very quickly. If Oceanic had matchmaking from the start it may still be very active)...

I guess we'll just have to wait for custom servers and join clans/discord servers.

I really enjoyed Captain/Skirmish but I've since gone to NZ and now it's way too laggy to play the East Asia servers. It was only barely playable from Australia.

Warband oceanic multiplayer had a pretty dedicated group of people. I think the same will happen with Bannerlord.
Yeah, the part about the beta is a good point. My clan mates gave up swapping due to the different game versions. I agree that if we had matchmaking from the start it would have been still active. Unfortunate but yeah our region has to wait for custom servers. I am not sure if you have seen but Azakhi, one of the server devs, has stated that they have problem obtaining servers in OCE due to it being beyond the capacity of their server provider which is why we didn't get matchmaking to begin with. Skirmish is currently unplayable for me even with East Asian Servers, but captain is playable and I have enjoyed that for some time.

Warband still has an active community for both native + Napoleonic wars dlc. There is an Australian/NZ thread in warband section that shows recent scrims from OCE native community. Just last Friday we had NW event with 100 people. The playerbase is already there for Bannerlord, the game just has to be better for MP community to play instead of warband.

And from NA/EU? I didn´t say there a zero chinese players. I said, there are more from NA/EU.

Point is, Chinese players came in LATE to the M&B game and it grew fast. Now its big from the START. Do you ACTUALLY think TW is going to do something like have a bunch of servers ready for non-existant players? Its clear that a lot of the sales already went to Asian players and they are expecting an increase at release. I gave a few simple scenarios that would cause that explosion.

Back
Top Bottom