Is there still any MP dev checking?

Users who are viewing this thread

The levy is on par with the peasant in melee assuming sickle and shield. If it takes 5 players to kill one then the 5 players must be terrible and the peasant player excellent. I've found its fairly easy to get kills with both peasants and especially recruits, just throw javelins into melee.

You can tell that this dude is a bad player and a TDM enjoyer, trying to reason with him is pointless. Hopefully the devs(1 dev) won't listen to him.
I still don't get how people can defend Bannerlord's imbalancing tbh. It still comes off to me as crazy people who don't want their free kill farms taken away from them, which is honestly why I think BL MP is a lost cause.

I still don't get how people can defend Bannerlord's imbalancing tbh. It still comes off to me as crazy people who don't want their free kill farms taken away from them, which is honestly why I think BL MP is a lost cause.
Get gud, then it can be your "free kill farm" too and you won't feel so bad.

Get gud, then it can be your "free kill farm" too and you won't feel so bad.
Or, or... hear me out: be Vlandia or Battania and you can freely pick on Aserai, Sturgia, or Empire in lieu of being good! Because that's what you guys are defending.

The balancing honestly is such where playing the stronger factions to bully the weaker ones is a valid substitute to individual player skill and for whatever reason, the TaleWorlds community is perfectly okay with OP units steamrolling the weak ones, rather than having fairer fights across the board

Last edited:
Or, or... hear me out: be Vlandia or Battania and you can freely pick on Aserai, Sturgia, or Empire in lieu of being good! Because that's what you guys are defending.

The balancing honestly is such where playing the stronger factions to bully the weaker ones is a valid substitute to individual player skill and for whatever reason, the TaleWorlds community is perfectly okay with OP units steamrolling the weak ones, rather than having fairer fights across the board
I’m probably the nr1 authority on what factions are good (against vlandia) hardest faction to fight against is the empire and khuzaits, the empire because of dart trash and kuzait well you know bow cowards. Then comes aserai and Sturgia and the easiest to fight is battania. And fighting vlandia as vlandia is quite easy aswell

I hope noone reading this thread take the "info" provided as universal truths

You're talking to people playing the game competitively from the perspective of a TDM player that apparently hasn't discovered how strong javelins are. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

We probably have far more reason to want a balanced game than you do - your suggestions are just very poor.

Stop trying to make talewords invest in MP, they can fix somethings from time to time.
The modders have already taken over MP

cRPG
PersistentEmpires
Full Invasion

soon hopefully NW too...
You want to kill each other in a TDM?
cRPG

you want to have clan battles with 400+ players?
PE

You want to pplay tower defense against AI?
Full Invasion.

Stop trying to make talewords invest in MP, they can fix somethings from time to time.
The modders have already taken over MP

cRPG
PersistentEmpires
Full Invasion

soon hopefully NW too...
You want to kill each other in a TDM?
cRPG

you want to have clan battles with 400+ players?
PE

You want to pplay tower defense against AI?
Full Invasion.
yeah, no. those are all nice, but not what kept me playing Warband for like 10 years - and not what I want from Bannerlord.

Make Siege more authentic. Add engineer and logistic classes that maintain and defend siege equipment as well as the ammo. Ammo carts must be moved from edge of the map to the siege weapons. The maps can be bigger, most of the maps have large utilized parts or areas. Make authentic spawn points where soldiers must pick the gear they want before heading to battle. Cav players spawn on foot and must go to the stables (attacker also has some kind of make-shift stables where they keep all the spare horses). Prox chat, Friendly Fire on. No team picking but auto balance by numbers. No faction voting, make it random or mirror.

Make Siege more authentic. Add engineer and logistic classes that maintain and defend siege equipment as well as the ammo. Ammo carts must be moved from edge of the map to the siege weapons. The maps can be bigger, most of the maps have large utilized parts or areas. Make authentic spawn points where soldiers must pick the gear they want before heading to battle. Cav players spawn on foot and must go to the stables (attacker also has some kind of make-shift stables where they keep all the spare horses). Prox chat, Friendly Fire on. No team picking but auto balance by numbers. No faction voting, make it random or mirror.
Dumbest suggestions I’ve seen so far

That's persistent empires so play that.

Without Taleworld supporting the multiplayer, it will die. Without updates and patches people will leave and stop paying attention. Someone could make the best mod in the universe for multiplayer and most players wouldnt know about it, because they either dont look at forums or stop paying attention to the game in general. How many games do you pay attention to once you've stopped playing it?

People saying mods will save the multiplayer are wrong. It just keeps us alive for a while longer.

Back
Top Bottom