Is there some way to enlarge the text/font of party sizes on the overhead map?

Users who are viewing this thread

I already know that if I go to module_map_icons, I can change
Code:
and this will change the size of party icons.

However, the little numbers in the lower right of the icon, showing party size, number of prisoners, and (through color) allegiance, are still tiny. (In fact, if I enlarge icons, the numbers become even harder to see.) I'd like to be able to zoom out far enough to take full advantage of my large spotting range, but still clearly see those numbers.

Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

pf_label_small = 0x00000000
pf_label_medium = 0x00001000
pf_label_large = 0x00002000
These flags effects the size of text above a party. Small is used for villages, medium is for castles and large for towns.
You can use
party_set_flags = 1603 # (party_set_flags, <party_id>, <flag>, <clear_or_set>), #sets flags like pf_default_behavior. see header_parties.py for flags.
to change dynamically created parties.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, but could I ask for a more step by step? I'm really inexperienced at this, and I'm not sure how to use what you just told me, where to put it.

Upvote 0
I assume you know how to build a module and some other basic stuff, right?

Upvote 0
And correctly applied the flags like this
("manhunters", "Marksmen of the Secret Department",icon_player_lord|pf_label_large,0,fac_manhunters,soldier_personality,[(trp_manhunter,9,40)]),

Upvote 0
Yeah, I've added some minor changes of my own to the game already. Among others, that increased party icon size I mentioned earlier.

And yes, I applied the flag exactly like that. Added it to a few select units, looked for those units on the map, none of them had different text size.

Is this something that works on your end? Or just a long shot. I'm assuming the latter, 'cause I personally wouldn't expect a feature meant for text above towns to work for parties. Party text is completely different size from any of those 3 sizes.

Upvote 0
It should be applied to the newly created parties of those templates. When you create a party from a party template, it's added to the list of parties with given flags.
Edit: I can't try that right now cause i don't have the game installed, i would write a message when i do that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess i misunderstood you. You're talking about party tooltips, little explanation boxes that appears when you hover the mouse pointer over the party. These kinds of things called events and game calls a spesific script for each kind of event. I searched the module_scripts file for a script, but haven't found any. Closest thing i found is 'game_get_item_extra_text' which is called when you hover the mouse pointer over an inventory item :smile: You can search for it too if you want, but i'm afraid that it's hardcoded.

Upvote 0
No, I am talking about the numbers visible on the overhead map:
8abxHPn.jpg

Even after editing Jaques' party template like this:
Code:
  ("oim_monfor_party", "Troop of Jaques de Clermont", icon_ewro_lord|carries_goods(3)|pf_default_behavior|pf_quest_party|pf_label_large,0,fac_neutral,merchant_personality,[]),
and starting a new game, there was no change:
Xbrl4MP.jpg

Upvote 0
Those look quite hardcoded individually but there is a quite bad workaround for that. As described here you can change game's font size, it makes the text larger (almost every text). It's same for WFaS too. I tested it and it brokes GUI if you enlarge it too much. Try changing font_size and font_scale values until you come up with something visually satisfaying. You can alternatively try editing font.dds file in the textures folder to only increase the digits images but this also affects all numbers displayed and you have to change the digit tuples in the font_data.xml file accordingly.
<character code="48" page="0" u="1070" v="792" w="1112" h="846" preshift="2" yadjust="42" postshift="35" />
<character code="49" page="0" u="1576" v="792" w="1600" h="845" preshift="0" yadjust="41" postshift="19" />
<character code="50" page="0" u="1538" v="792" w="1576" h="845" preshift="2" yadjust="41" postshift="31" />
<character code="51" page="0" u="1030" v="792" w="1070" h="846" preshift="0" yadjust="42" postshift="31" />
<character code="52" page="0" u="984" v="792" w="1030" h="846" preshift="1" yadjust="42" postshift="36" />
<character code="53" page="0" u="944" v="792" w="984" h="846" preshift="0" yadjust="42" postshift="31" />
<character code="54" page="0" u="271" v="792" w="309" h="847" preshift="2" yadjust="43" postshift="31" />
<character code="55" page="0" u="1500" v="792" w="1538" h="845" preshift="-1" yadjust="41" postshift="28" />
<character code="56" page="0" u="230" v="792" w="271" h="847" preshift="2" yadjust="43" postshift="35" />
<character code="57" page="0" u="904" v="792" w="944" h="846" preshift="1" yadjust="42" postshift="33" />
These tuples represent the digits from 0 to 9 (character code is the position in the unicode table).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom