Is there Mod with real knight tournament?

Users who are viewing this thread

you mean real jousting battles and such ? havnt seen any yet, and not sure it could even be done since you can shield while using lance in game :sad:

Two weeks ago I found a mod on this forum, and where was the image of the game where someone made a real tournament. I'm looking for this mod already 3 days and i can not find it. I will look that classic caladria maybe is that.

Janus' Arena Expansion was available for 7.51, and it has been ported into many mods for 1.011, I believe.  Look for Return of Zendar by Kolba, it features the arena expansion.

This one has some nice screens of what appears to be a tournament ground.
I am not sure what the page says though, i think its in polish.

There is no download link so it is probably not released yet.

Edit: uhm, maybe i should include the link too?  :oops:  http://www.mountblade.info/forum/index.php?topic=1651.0

The Game of Thrones mods from some old version also had jousting with a melee immediately afterwards.
Any sign of that one returning?

Couched said:
This one has some nice screens of what appears to be a tournament ground.
I am not sure what the page says though, i think its in polish.

There is no download link so it is probably not released yet.

Edit: uhm, maybe i should include the link too?  :oops:  http://www.mountblade.info/forum/index.php?topic=1651.0

wow i was about to give him the link and then you popped in. I'm surprised you could find it.
As for the mod, I don't speak the language of the forum, but it does look like the 'jousting' aspect of the tournaments have been fully implanted. For instance there is no barrier between the riders, so it probably ends up being a short distance lance battle if you don't knock him of on the first few strikes.

wow i was about to give him the link and then you popped in. I'm surprised you could find it.

Someone had a banner for the mod in his sig in the Forge. Saw my horses (modified by the modmaker) in the picture so i got curious. Turned out to be one of those mods that just dont get the attention it deserves due to being developed in a different language. Too bad we cant read the description. I am going to keep an eye out for the release though, thats for sure.

Occasionally, tournaments consist entirely of mounted participants sporting lances and shields.
Turning the damage inflicted to 'normal', the combat AI to 'good' and the battle speed to 'fast' makes for exhilarating combat where a single blow/thrust from the AI is very often enough to kill you instantly.
You have to adopt jousting tactics to win here, though I guess it's not quite as fun as an actual joust.

GodHandApostole said:
Well, if you can't find a mod with tournaments rules, you can try 1257 AD. Its the closest thing to a real tournament i found.
just played 1257AD it is the same thing, you and buncha guys fighting in arena to the last man (me)

Back at the 100yw to version 7.51 I think it was, you had real knight tournaments
The one who got knocked of hes horse, had to fight the foolwing foot melee without hes helmet.
Real cool think I recall.  :smile:

Xelvod said:
GodHandApostole said:
Well, if you can't find a mod with tournaments rules, you can try 1257 AD. Its the closest thing to a real tournament i found.
just played 1257AD it is the same thing, you and buncha guys fighting in arena to the last man (me)

Excuse me, but the most important part of a  tournament * is* the mêlée, i.e. 2 teams of knights fighting each other on an open field...
Of course, there shouldn't be multiple rounds or 3-4 ways battles, and the members of the losing side should lose a horse's worth of money, while members of the winning side should win stuff according to how well they did...
I hope Spanky will come to that, eventually....

Back
Top Bottom