MP Is there anyone working on MP balancing at the moment or are 100% of dev hours put towards stabilizing SP?

Users who are viewing this thread

I am curious how things are being structured at the moment. I occasionally see Callum posting around the MP boards, but im unsure how much executive power he has in terms of making balance decisions. Some insight would put a lot of players concerns at ease.

I think I recall reading a post by Callum saying that until the game is playable to everyone they are not going to start adding/fixing/balancing the game on both ends.

I think I recall reading a post by Callum saying that until the game is playable to everyone they are not going to start adding/fixing/balancing the game on both ends.

This is kind of what I figured, and it makes complete sense. Its silly to focus on gameplay when some people still cant launch the game.

This is kind of what I figured, and it makes complete sense. Its silly to focus on gameplay when some people still cant launch the game.

No, it doesn't make sense. For some things their argument makes sense, like complicated reworks of systems or new game-modes, but for things like balance and basic combat parameters the community has done all of the relevant discussion, multiple times over, and all of the suggestions are there. For class, weapon and perk balance, it's a matter of changing values - perhaps multiple in the case of some of the overcomplicated damage formulas. This post is 100% accurate, in the case of the combat parameters it's quite literally a copy paste job, since Silen has done an immense amount of hard work coming up with these numbers and organising players to test them. Lost an immense amount of respect for TW when they shut down the ability of MisterOutOfTime to host custom/private servers by himself, giving no reason other than that they didn't want players to be doing that yet. He had even made an admin panel for servers, something which TW have failed to implement on their official custom servers as of yet. I really do not understand why, if TW are so totally focused on SP and have 100% of their resources on it, there has been no attempt to use these community resources. It's free work that's been done voluntarily for them. Hard to have faith in a company that shuns their MP community like this and refuses to use any of the resources these players have created - even though it could improve the game for everyone. Some people still have faith that things will change with time, and maybe they will, but personally I have become a doomer when it comes to BL MP. Just play something else until mod tools come out and the community can fix the game with a Mercs or cRPG-type mod, literally nothing to be gained by farming MP players that are worse than the singleplayer bots in combat.

the community has done all of the relevant discussion, multiple times over, and all of the suggestions are there
I dunno, have you ever considered that you might be wrong? Or that the devs have something else in their mind? Like for example redoing something fundamental that would make this numbers tweaking irrelevant? They have been shown experimenting extensively with the blocking system, changing it from animation-based to coordinates-based and then back. What makes you think they don't experiment with other basic parts of the game? You literally don't know what you're talking about, yet with the tenacity of a zealot.

I dunno, have you ever considered that you might be wrong? Or that the devs have something else in their mind? Like for example redoing something fundamental that would make this numbers tweaking irrelevant? They have been shown experimenting extensively with the blocking system, changing it from animation-based to coordinates-based and then back. What makes you think they don't experiment with other basic parts of the game? You literally don't know what you're talking about, yet with the tenacity of a zealot.
Maybe they do have something else in mind, but how are we to know when there is no communication from them at all? All we know is the current state of the game and we have to form our feedback around that. Speculating about what the developers may or may not intend for the game is useless.

Maybe they do have something else in mind, but how are we to know when there is no communication from them at all? All we know is the current state of the game and we have to form our feedback around that. Speculating about what the developers may or may not intend for the game is useless.
Exactly, and that's precisely what these guys are doing when they invest vast amounts of time discussing balance(based on their feelings), modifying in-game parameters and echo-chambering each other into believing they got everything figured out, meanwhile not even knowing what's going on behind the doors.

bold of you, tork, to accuse someone of talking like a zealot. when it comes to MP balance TW have no idea what is good or bad or unbalanced, because they don’t play Bannerlord MP. they collect ‘data’, as they have told us, which is presumably things like the number of times certain classes are picked or the number of times certain perks are picked, but that kind of data is worthless for balancing. it’s worthless because it doesn’t tell you what’s strong or weak, since new players or players that aren’t trying to play optimally might pick weak classes or perks.

my point, tork, is that when it comes to balance the community and the people actually playing MP know much more than TW.

for things like combat improvements I’m not saying I AM RIGHT or that someone else is right, the bit you quoted just says that all of the discussions have been had. that’s true, the game has barely changed since last July and most of these discussions have been had over and over and over dozens of times on the old board and again on this board. i don’t blame TW for ignoring it, since it must be hard to spend years internally developing something only for the community you developed for to reject your work. remember when callum made that class discussion thread on the beta board so they could quarantine class discussion since it was spilling over onto all the other threads, only to totally ignore the new thread. well, I don’t blame them for that either since spending years on a system that the community hates can’t be pleasant. shame that ohh so sweet accessibility isn’t actually increasing the % of people playing MP.

Back
Top Bottom