is there any pc that can handle really large battles like in the 500 to 500 ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Miclee said:
I've got a ATI Radeon 4870 X2 in my new computer. I discovered that I can run 500 vs 500 with an average of 68 FPS. :grin:
Holy Cow, DO want!  :eek:

I can play with about 400 troops on the screen with 23-41 FpS. I crashed once on this though. I once tried it with 'Texture Detail' on lowest, and it went a lot smoother, about 45 - 55 and 600 troops on the screen. I still crashed though, and with texture detail in minimum it doesn't look all that well.

Servitor

Can do 300 Vs 300 on maximum settings though some sieges get ****ed up (this might be because if unlimited corpses) and i haven't tried bigger sizes, but possibly my comp could handle it since 300 vs 300 was without lag :grin:

Ambalon said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
I can do 300 vs. 300 with only minimal lag. The only problem is if the battle goes on long enough, then it mysteriously crashes. Does anyone else get that?
yeah... God dammit, I must be doing something very wrong... If i play a 300 man battle I already get some lag (and my rig isnt supposed to lag :???: - yes, I turn HDR off in big battles)
Core 2 Quad
Geforce gtx 260
4 GB Ram

Any tips? I'd rather not overclock anything... (no, I don't have viruses and I have a fairly big amount of free HD space)

Heh, I have exactly the same rig as you, and I lag on anything above 200. I don't get it. I wouldn't overclock the 260, as I've tried it myself and even the slightest clocking gives me errors and anomalies.

Geforce 9600, Dual Core E5200, 2x1GB RAM  and lags like hell when there are over 150-200 men on the battlefield or sometimes even less :???: I have all the settings maxed, but when it starts lagging, I switch them to lower, helps a little bit. Still no way for me to participate in battles more than 100vs100
I know my PC is no monster, but still it's annoying that I can't fight as big battles as I would like to.

Ulfhednar said:
Geforce 9600, Dual Core E5200, 2x1GB RAM  and lags like hell when there are over 150-200 men on the battlefield or sometimes even less :???: I have all the settings maxed, but when it starts lagging, I switch them to lower, helps a little bit. Still no way for me to participate in battles more than 100vs100
I know my PC is no monster, but still it's annoying that I can't fight as big battles as I would like to.
Turn everything except textures as low as possible (as I find that texture has the greatest impact on the graphics - and almost none on the performance) and turn out HDR if you can. Really helps. Switch to first person view if you already didn't and if it turns REALLY laggy, switch to slow motion, it makes **** smooth... (  :lol:  )

hmm... I got the following rig:
AMD athlon X2 64 6000
8800GT
2GB ram
XP SP3
and with maxed out everything I dont venture above 100.  I get horrible lag in forrests and very mountainous areas even at this limit.  On more decent terrain I get about 40-60fps.  I might have a processor cooling problem though.

P.S. post your rig specs, otherwise its a pointless thread.

I can do 300 vs. 300 with only minimal lag. The only problem is if the battle goes on long enough, then it mysteriously crashes. Does anyone else get that?
Eh this one happens to me too .... Battle sizer was set to 650 units. I was playing a siege and the game wasn't lagging at all. The game crashed when new enemies arrived ... Now I play with battle sizer set to 450 units and I haven't experienced any crashes so far...

I play with around 200+ on battlesizer. I can handle 300 or more, but like the others, my game will do the whole vertex buff error after reinforcements arrive or if the battle drags on too long. At 200 on battlesizer, my average FPS is about 20 or so. 300 troops slows down my system to about 15 fps. I don't really mind, so long as it doesn't dip below 10 and start to look too jerky.

Silver Wolf said:
Eh this one happens to me too .... Battle sizer was set to 650 units. I was playing a siege and the game wasn't lagging at all. The game crashed when new enemies arrived ... Now I play with battle sizer set to 450 units and I haven't experienced any crashes so far...

I would say that there is too many "players" on the field at the same time. The dead counts.

Back
Top Bottom