Is there any patch that upgrades .731 to .750?

Users who are viewing this thread

Aww, cmon 56k is the fastest luxury modem you can get, use that with some download manager and you got the fastest analogue transfer rates that you can have :razz:

Kidding aside, it seems there is no patch from 730 to 750, which is weird as most versions have had up until now.

I'm in the same boat, Invictus. I just downloaded 0.731, and there is no way I'm going to download an even larger file. I'm patiently waiting for the upgrade patch...

Zebrion said:
edyzmedieval said:
Are save games compatible with 0.750?

Yes.
Most definitely.
Unfortunately, mods aren't, so I'm waiting on Effidian's leisure.

Also, HAH! Some people actually still have 56K modems! Philistines.
(Sorry to those who can't get broadband.)

I don't have cable (only satellite) and DSL is not available in my area. Using the dish to get highspeed internet would be crazy expensive, unreliable and unstable. Getting cable would be stupid because I already have satellite, cable is not very available or affordable where I live. Any other options are either too expensive or not available as well. :sad:

I feel your pain zufuriin.. Had 56k and dsl was not an option, until now.

<3 1.5mbps.

So why don't you just put it on download for the night , or download it from a computer with faster internet connection and burn it into a disc or something?

That's just your best option right now, it will be faster than waiting for a patch...

Don't worry I had dial up for a 4 years, till I upgraded to T1, but surprisingly, Im only downloading .750 at 30kbs somethings wrong here.

danthegreatc said:
Don't worry I had dial up for a 4 years, till I upgraded to T1, but surprisingly, Im only downloading .750 at 30kbs somethings wrong here.

Try a download accelerator, like FreshDownload (http://www.freshdevices.com/). If you ramp the options up it keeps a steady speed of between 110-120 kb/s.

Where I used to live, we got a TRUE 56 connect... a little over 6.5kbytes/second.  We were literally about 300 feet from the ISP.  Where I live now, we're miles and miles from the routing station: 3.5kbytes/second is a good day.  Downloading M&B v0.750 at 2.6kbytes/s  at the moment.  Update patches are nicer to get than full installs...

Momaw said:
Where I used to live, we got a TRUE 56 connect... a little over 6.5kbytes/second.  We were literally about 300 feet from the ISP.  Where I live now, we're miles and miles from the routing station: 3.5kbytes/second is a good day.  Downloading M&B v0.750 at 2.6kbytes/s  at the moment.  Update patches are nicer to get than full installs...

Ouch. Even on 56k, I never got anything as slow as that.

Back
Top Bottom