Is there an MMR system?

Users who are viewing this thread

There isnt any mmr system as it seems but except it there has to be a vote kick or report system for troll players. Today in my skirmish match there were 2 duo in my team who was just dueled each other during the whole match. We should be able to kick those players in order to play normally.

I can think of a much more simple solution to all of our problems, which doesn't require TW to implement a system that is way more complex than any other MP related algorithm. I think our biggest problem right now is just everything being thrown into one pot, and I don't think we need to go straight to an MMR system from there, even if it would solve the problem most efficiently. What I propose is:

Add varying difficulties to queues.

We know that seperating queues by categories isn't at all a problem to implement, so why not add a simple "beginner, intermediate, advanced" queue? Most players should possess the amount of intelligence to judge their own skill and choose accordingly. You can trust me when I say that 99.99% of the newbies in the matchmaker right now really don't want to be up against a FT_Pu$$ydestr0yer and would rather pick the easy queue to learn the game. So you would have:

1. Simple implementation of things that are technically doable already.
2. Mostly balanced matches even when you disregard the mixture of stacks and solo queuers.
3. Easier time for stacks to organize a match because of the smaller queues, they simply choose the advanced one.

It's complicated. I believe limiting queues isn't such a bad idea for now, friends could easily queue in two groups of three (at the same time, like you'd usually do) and nine times out of ten, get in the same matches (it's still a queue, you're not plucked based on MMR). Not only could you be playing with your friends, you'll also be playing against them, which in my opinion makes it far more balanced and fun than a 6 player stack. If both teams queue at the same time, chances are, you'd very likely be in the same match.

As I've said before, there's more pressing issues that should be fixed before implementing any form of MMR system.

It's complicated. I believe limiting queues isn't such a bad idea for now, friends could easily queue in two groups of three (at the same time, like you'd usually do) and nine times out of ten, get in the same matches (it's still a queue, you're not plucked based on MMR). Not only could you be playing with your friends, you'll also be playing against them, which in my opinion makes it far more balanced and fun than a 6 player stack. If both teams queue at the same time, chances are, you'd very likely be in the same match.

As I've said before, there's more pressing issues that should be fixed before implementing any form of MMR system.
If you dont want competetiv gamepaly than ffs dont make a 6vs6 mode and give the serverfieles for the servers, it is so easy, i dont see any point in this 6vs6 modus tha to go full esl, but if you punish competetiv gameplay than whats the point, give serverfiels now and this howl problem is gone in minutes. Clans will fight clans and noob will fight noob

Getting rid of the matchaking system isn't a good solution as well. M&B was always a game I associate with playing with friends or in larger groups or clans. And if you want to deactivate the only possibility to play competetive with your friends you are gonna **** all those people up.

I think the problem will be solved if there are dedicated servers, so the clans can play together in a competetive mode they wish, and the beginners aren't gonna raped in the skirmish mode. (Or they have to find friends/clans or whatever)

Back
Top Bottom