Is there an in game age limit to producing children?

Users who are viewing this thread

WNxSpectre

Recruit
My character and his wife are entering middle age now and I am wondering, if there is an age limit to producing children. Is there a cap to the age that female characters can get pregnant, and if so what age is that? Basically, is there a digital menopause worked into the game or can female characters produce children even into their golden years? Also is there a cap to the max number of kids you can have?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light upon how this works in game.

Is there a cap to the age that female characters can get pregnant, and if so what age is that?
Yes, females become infertile at age 45.

Also is there a cap to the max number of kids you can have?
Kind of, every child you have reduces the chance of the next pregnancy a little bit so after about 4 it takes much more waiting in town (and re-loading) to try and trigger a new one. After about 9 or 10 it becomes very very near impossible that you will get another.

There's other threads where the formulas are discussed but I think this answers you question.

Yes, females become infertile at age 45.
As far as I have gathered, their fertility also starts to drop after 30'ish.
And in some situations it just seems kinda broken. Current playthrough I married wife when she was 20ish. Now shes 35 and not had a single child despite me actively taking time out to regularly just wait in the same town as her throughout it all... Have given up now just focusing on having brothers produce heirs...

As far as I have gathered, their fertility also starts to drop after 30'ish.
And in some situations it just seems kinda broken. Current playthrough I married wife when she was 20ish. Now shes 35 and not had a single child despite me actively taking time out to regularly just wait in the same town as her throughout it all... Have given up now just focusing on having brothers produce heirs...
Fertility drops continuously from the age of 18.

Back
Top Bottom