Is there a way to increase number of troops per battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Isdanil

Recruit
Some kind of battle resizer? I would really love to fight larger battles, seems more realistical to me this way... And it would put more emphasis on your army composition. Because this way, at max battle size, you get only a handful of troops from specialized groups, which minimizes strategical potential.

Well, i remember that there was a Battle Sizer for Warband. Dunno if it is for WFaS, though

Umh, I'm not sure about this but go into the steam file then mount & blade with fire and sword and look for a txt file called rgl_log.txt, then go in it and scroll to the bottom, you'll see a lot of config settings look for Battlesizer which is the 17th from the bottom.

Recruitademt said:
Umh, I'm not sure about this but go into the steam file then mount & blade with fire and sword and look for a txt file called rgl_log.txt, then go in it and scroll to the bottom, you'll see a lot of config settings look for Battlesizer which is the 17th from the bottom.

Um, im not really sure that a "log" file has anything to do with game configuration... ? o_O might be I'm mistaken...

Adjusting the 'battlesizer' should work, but it may cause game unbalance for large battles/sieges (especially sieges...)

You can change the battlesize in the Normal game config to a max of 150 which gives decently large battles allowing for (if you have a well designed army) a separate cavalry, Inf and Marksman 'brigade' of large enough size to do damage.

Anyway, i guess it would be cool to gather a host and set the sizer to 1000 or something, go have 2000 troops on a battlefield at once and watch my CPU smoke a bit.

GOD DANM USE THE GAME FILES, I HAVE 500 MEN ON A SINGLE BATTLE IN SP, CHANGE THE TEXT FILES!!!!

(Sorry i am geting tired. and my mates on ts are SINGING SONGS AT THE TOP OF THERE ****ING VOICES!!!)

What the guy below me said.

To avoid confusion.

Click Start>My Documents>Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword>rgl_config

Then edit Battle_size

Go to the bottom and press the up arrow about 34 times and you should be near it.

Winged Hussar said:
The config file says battle_size = 1.0000 I don't get it.  :neutral: Do I change it to battle_size = 2.0000 :?:
Its some sort of algebraic expression, I don't know the formula but I think you can get 1000 men by putting 5

I put it on 2.5 and that got 500, so 5 probably will get 1000 men, careful though, if you put it up to 1000, chances are that you will crash every time you go to a big battle.

DrSlugger said:
Winged Hussar said:
The config file says battle_size = 1.0000 I don't get it.  :neutral: Do I change it to battle_size = 2.0000 :?:
Its some sort of algebraic expression, I don't know the formula but I think you can get 1000 men by putting 5

Isn't it like this, 1 = 150, 2 = 150x2=300, 3 = 150x3=450 etc? I have no idea actually but I thought it was like this.

Recruitademt said:
DrSlugger said:
Winged Hussar said:

Isn't it like this, 1 = 150, 2 = 150x2=300, 3 = 150x3=450 etc? I have no idea actually but I thought it was like this.

The exact formula is N=(battle_size*120)+30

So minimal size is 30 guys, and to get 1000 guys you need battle_size at 8.080 or very near that value.

Saiko Kila said:
Recruitademt said:
DrSlugger said:
Winged Hussar said:

The exact formula is N=(battle_size*120)+30

So minimal size is 30 guys, and to get 1000 guys you need battle_size at 8.080 or very near that value.

Math :shock: :shock:

What's that "Math" thing everybody is talking about?!

:razz:

I'm not familiar with the mechanics and files to change.

But tactics is generally undesirable for large battles (assuming it's the same as M&B/WB).

Don't use it and/or sack the Spanish dude. It re-balances enemy troop numbers and breaks battles up to smaller, multiple engagements instead of larger single battles.  It's only useful when puny armies (i.e. just yourself  & your NPC's) vs. a huge army.

Not sure if messing around with the files overrides tactics?

Back
Top Bottom