• If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
  • Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Is there a way to edit a companions equipment outside of inventory?

Users who are viewing this thread

kd8106

Recruit
Hi, I've ran into a problem caused by a mod(LootEveryone).
Basically, it's possible to equip glitched items to your companions at the post-fight loot screen and make the game crash whenever you try to load your companions equipment after.

Does anyone know how I can edit or remove my companion's equipment without going into the inventory, trade or loot menu? None of the export character mods appear to be able to do so. I would rollback my save, but the only saves I have prior to this happening are multiple hours behind so I'm looking for a different solution. I don't need any specific edit. Even just removing the equipment would be fine.

KingEroc1st

Veteran
Does anyone know how I can edit or remove my companion's equipment without going into the inventory, trade or loot menu? None of the export character mods appear to be able to do so. I would rollback my save, but the only saves I have prior to this happening are multiple hours behind so I'm looking for a different solution. I don't need any specific edit. Even just removing the equipment would be fine.
yeah this is a serious problem, the only way i found a workaround is abandoning my companion and pretend he's dead. this way at least my save is not corrupt

Demeterp

Recruit
yeah this is a serious problem, the only way i found a workaround is abandoning my companion and pretend he's dead. this way at least my save is not corrupt
I had same issue with two companions due to SpecialLoot mode.
I had to make each of my two affected companions run a caravan.
Governing a town would also work I believe.

mujadaddy

Regular
WB
I had same issue with two companions due to SpecialLoot mode.
I had to make each of my two affected companions run a caravan.
Governing a town would also work I believe.
Yep. Avoiding the problem is the only workaround. I would have to remember to switch to Civilian outfit to scroll past the corrupted companion.

I ended up abandoning the campaign (1.5.9) to update. However, I've also had to drop LootEveryone (1.6.1) because it was crashing really badly at random times.

Top Bottom