Is there a way to compete with the dominant faction?

Users who are viewing this thread

tank017

Recruit
I'm somewhat new to the game. Been fighting for the Fierdsvain and we've been pushed against the coast by the Baccus empire who has most of the map. Sarleon has been pushed up to the northern border and just defeated the last castle of Ravenstern.Baccus eliminated Dshar.

Fierds and Baccus have been going at it for some time 1vs1, with Baccus having the upper hand due to more land and thus more lords. I've been trying to take fiefs, but no matter which castle or town I take the Baccus come in five minutes later and take it right back. My faction simply cannot compete with their numbers. I've been trying to find the quest to end the war but can never get it, guild masters mainly just give bandit quests. Is turning the tide impossible at this point?

Not sure what to do

Time to get a horse archer only army. Farm Adventurers from taverns and Rogue Blackheart Squires from bandit parties and train them to their better selves. Fill the remaining slots in your party with strong foot archers. And win against all odds using terrain advantage!

I.e. initiate battle near mountains, among the 3 available, choose the map with the closest/steepest hill, plant archers in the top third of the cliff, horse archers at the bottom, order them to dismount horses in a double layer line between you and the enemy to form a horse barrier, make them join the archers close to the top of the cliff, form 5 rows with both. Preserve ammo (hold fire) between waves. Retreat when completely out of ammo and repeat.

Time to get a horse archer only army. Farm Adventurers from taverns and Rogue Blackheart Squires from bandit parties and train them to their better selves. Fill the remaining slots in your party with strong foot archers. And win against all odds using terrain advantage!

I.e. initiate battle near mountains, among the 3 available, choose the map with the closest/steepest hill, plant archers in the top third of the cliff, horse archers at the bottom, order them to dismount horses in a double layer line between you and the enemy to form a horse barrier, make them join the archers close to the top of the cliff, form 5 rows with both. Preserve ammo (hold fire) between waves. Retreat when completely out of ammo and repeat.
Interesting. Would never think of something like this. I'll see if I can make it happen.

Take their fiefs and beat their lords in battle.
It may not be obvious at first but Marius will have to appoint another marshal because of the building controversy. You often are given few days with no marshall on the opposite side. As long as the fiefs you took are properly manned (able to resist against a single lord) they should be fine.

Or just go mad and capture fief after fief until Marius panics and sue for peace. That's my usual strategy when I want to a war to end.

Take their fiefs and beat their lords in battle.
It may not be obvious at first but Marius will have to appoint another marshal because of the building controversy. You often are given few days with no marshall on the opposite side. As long as the fiefs you took are properly manned (able to resist against a single lord) they should be fine.

Or just go mad and capture fief after fief until Marius panics and sue for peace. That's my usual strategy when I want to a war to end.
If Im mashal I usually cant afford to man every garrison of every fief I take.Once I take a place the garrison is usually vacant until it is given to a lord, its a slow process to build it up right now, either through me or the AI doing it.Which is part of the problem Im facing

Back
Top Bottom