Is there a way to change the modifier for a reference book?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been helping a Warband mod dev from time to time to track down a few things in the code and he asked me to look into whether we can change the modifiers for books. I see that we have a few types of reference books that are generated into item_kinds1.txt from their item descriptor in module_items.py. It looks to me like the bonus must be implied by the item identifier and is hardcoded on the game side.

For example, itm_book_wound_treatment_reference means +1 to wound treatment and there is no way to make that +2.

Correct?

Solution
For example, itm_book_wound_treatment_reference means +1 to wound treatment and there is no way to make that +2.

Correct?

nope, see

Code:
  #script_game_get_skill_modifier_for_troop
  # This script is called from the game engine when a skill's modifiers are needed
  # INPUT: arg1 = troop_no, arg2 = skill_no
  # OUTPUT: trigger_result = modifier_value
  ("game_get_skill_modifier_for_troop",
I don't see anything related to reference books in module_simple_triggers. Those bonuses seem to all be related to readable books. Changing those might be an option though!

Upvote 0

Correct?

nope, see

Code:
  #script_game_get_skill_modifier_for_troop
  # This script is called from the game engine when a skill's modifiers are needed
  # INPUT: arg1 = troop_no, arg2 = skill_no
  # OUTPUT: trigger_result = modifier_value
  ("game_get_skill_modifier_for_troop",

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom