Is there a mod for bannerlord to disable the female lords thing ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe armagan said that during the earlier time period during which bannerlord is based sexism was a lot more tame, with examples of female warriors etc.

still I did not expect that to translate to a 20% female rate amongst warrior lords and 0 ****s given when talking to one. Seems to me like it might be a cop out to criticisms of sexism

No, I actually agree with them. I did like the fact that Warband did not allow women into a more military role because in the Warband time frame they were not allowed or even considered for the martial roles. Granted, with the Norse it was more about being a Shieldmaiden and earning that right but if you were a Svadia woman it was kinda like, "Oh you want to pick up a sword? No, I forbid it."

I also hope that they aren't going the road of trying to dodge the rampant social justice warrior bullets flying all over the place. Where absolutely everyone thinks every freaking video game has to have a female protagonist. And that female protagonist has to take the center stage despite social norms and succeed despite the cultural backlash shown in that games culture to her doing so.Again, female warriors in Warband were there yes, but they were not the norm.

Edit: One thing I did notice in the beta (and I didn't notice this otherwise) was that if you are a female in the game now lords will say things like : "I've heard of you, the woman who fights like a man.". So it doesn't seem like everyone is 100% onboard with it in this timeline either.

I agree Barnard - It's actually incredible what some of these people say isn't it....

I think this applies to this thread;

incel.jpg

I like the idea of a few female lords, but there are too many at the moment, and it must be changed, via mods if not as a base game option.

Bannerlord is set in a world which is basically the Dark Ages, a period that was even more sexist than the High Middle Ages, not less.

I would also like the option to change the laws so you can have more female lords if you want, when taking over a kingdom.

I agree Barnard - It's actually incredible what some of these people say isn't it....

I think this applies to this thread;

incel.jpg
If what you said is meant as sarcasm, then I apologize. If it isn't, then continue reading.

I'm confused here. So you feel that despite the timeline and lore of a video game, women should be added in as a major role despite it breaking literally everything in the history of the world the game's set in because it's not fair?

First off, this is a video game. This is not real life. I hate the fact that I actually have to say that because this should be common knowledge. Furthermore, my actions and thoughts in a video game world do not reflect my actions in the real world. There is no hidden or dark side of me wishing for these things. I don't raid villages and slaughter innocent villagers wholesale because part of me wants to take a knife to people around me in the real world. That's what makes this fantasy and not reality.

Secondly, if you use that idea and say this is how people really are in real life by what they say needs to happen in a video game, let's reflect. You play a video game where you literally take an axe to the fact of some random stranger over land, power, and because someone told you to. You raid caravans, murder villagers for food, money, etc, and fight in blood sport arena's for money and fame.I think if you're worried about women not being to pick a sword and not fight because it's mean as the biggest issue, then we have a whole bigger problem and that problem is that you're absolutely fine with everything else. Oh, but yes, let's worry about social equality when you're trampling peasants under your warhorse and happily eviscerating them for a bag of salt.

There have been multiple threads about this topic in some way or another.
If you want to look for a mod of any kind, try the modding hub and the search function.
Locking this down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom