Is there a list of what is clientside and what is serverside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Like i mentioned above, is there a list of what is clientside and what is serverside?

I know presentations are clientside but is there a way to run presentations using serverside ways?
Can i create clientside event and let player run that event without having my client?

Solution
So far the only things you can edit without needing people to download your mod are maps and server-side scripts (eg. auto-ban/kick).
(Source)

Here are some limitations:
- items:
- you can add new items, BUT you can only use them as storage memory (using their slots). Trying to use then (equip, spawn) will NOT work in clients (they will not see the item or their client will just pop errors and crash)
- you can't edit the texture/mesh of an item (because it is related to visual, the server does not control visual things in clients (each client loads the texture of anything from the game/mod folder and not by transmitting/downloading them over internet))
- you can't change the item type (one handed, two handed...
So far the only things you can edit without needing people to download your mod are maps and server-side scripts (eg. auto-ban/kick).
(Source)

Here are some limitations:
- items:
- you can add new items, BUT you can only use them as storage memory (using their slots). Trying to use then (equip, spawn) will NOT work in clients (they will not see the item or their client will just pop errors and crash)
- you can't edit the texture/mesh of an item (because it is related to visual, the server does not control visual things in clients (each client loads the texture of anything from the game/mod folder and not by transmitting/downloading them over internet))
- you can't change the item type (one handed, two handed, etc)
- you can change the rest of an item's properties/flag with a few exceptions like item size (which is client side)
- some flags/properties combinations can result in crashes

-troops:
- same as items, you can add new troops BUT only for using them as storage
- you CAN'T edit the face code (it will be no different in clients)
- you can change stats like agility, skills
- you can change the inventory

-scripts:
- you can add/remove as many scripts as you like
- you can change already existing scripts

-mission templates:
- you can add/remove as many triggers as you like
- i don't have any idea about mission templates flags/entry points

-presentations:
- it doesn't matter what you do to them, it will not affect the clients

There are many more things to say, but I couldn't found proper context for them.

Conclusion: you can do whatever you like in your server as far as you don't want visual things changed or you don't want to use stuffs that needs to be manually synced (like play sound at position).
(Source)

Upvote 1
Solution
Back
Top Bottom