Is there a limit on how many children you will attempt to conceive?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have played numerous campaigns from start to world domination and I have noticed a recurring theme, no matter how hard I try, I will only ever father 3 children.
I have waited and waited and saved and reloaded and waited and waited, I never manage to produce more than 3 offspring, my brother will father them constantly but alas I am stuck with 3, my first wife ended up dying in battle at the age of 35 (I married her at 22) So i remarried an 18 year old, wait and wait and wait, no more offspring, still stuck at 3, I've played at least 8 or more full campaigns start to world domination, what the hell is wrong with me?

In 1.5.7, my character fathered 4 kids with the first wife (who died in childbirth), and 3 kids with the second wife... and his older brother fathered 6, and the younger brother fathered 2. The sister also had some, but they're in a different clan (her husband's clan).

The trick is to get in the same settlement and wait as long as it takes... one kid came after 28 days hanging around Sanala (our fiefless clan's "homebase" that playthrough).

Also, if you hold no fiefs and AREN'T a merc, then your clan members will tend to congregate in the one town and not wander off...

...but as soon as you become a merc, they like to scatter to tge four corners of the realm and you have to go round them up like sheep. Very irritating.

In 1.5.7, my character fathered 4 kids with the first wife (who died in childbirth), and 3 kids with the second wife... and his older brother fathered 6, and the younger brother fathered 2. The sister also had some, but they're in a different clan (her husband's clan).

The trick is to get in the same settlement and wait as long as it takes... one kid came after 28 days hanging around Sanala (our fiefless clan's "homebase" that playthrough).

Also, if you hold no fiefs and AREN'T a merc, then your clan members will tend to congregate in the one town and not wander off...

...but as soon as you become a merc, they like to scatter to tge four corners of the realm and you have to go round them up like sheep. Very irritating.
wait, I thought they all in your party, then you stay at one city for a while, they they should get pregnant, right???

or you just leave them at one city on purpose, then after a while they get pregnant ??

or you saying they would randomly show up in different cities??

I keep them all in my party and wait in a settlement, this usually works, and works almost instantly for the first 3 chlidren, I just never ever EVER conceive more than 3, must just be really weird luck since you're having different results.

I keep them all in my party and wait in a settlement, this usually works, and works almost instantly for the first 3 chlidren, I just never ever EVER conceive more than 3, must just be really weird luck since you're having different results.
I left my wife as governor of a city, I wish she could just bang the guards or someone to get pregnant
I have to visit her some times just to get her pregnant, waste so much time

she is more loyal than my real ex girlfriend.

Chance goes down with each kid. Making 4 should be pretty easy, after that more and more waiting around (and reloading probably), after 9 or 10 the chance is so low that it basically NO. It also goes down with the females age, starting at about 13% daily chance at age 18 and out of eggs at age 45.

If you search around you can find the thread where a Dev posted the formulas.

On my 1.5.7 run I had the same issue. After 3 kids, all which popped out as soon as conditions were met (wife alone in party waiting in city / no other companions in party). After that I did multiple wait and reloads and nothing happened. I eventually moved on and figured I had reached some limit, while my brother popped out like 6-7 kids in he meantime.

I saw someone on another thread mention - and it seems to be true from my last game - that there is a clan limit of 10 children at a time (so someone in your clan could get pregnant again when one becomes an adult).

Of course... all that waiting in a city is going to make your character pack on the pounds. The weight mechanism is out of balance at the moment.

(Check for yourself... hit the V key)

On my 1.5.7 run I had the same issue. After 3 kids, all which popped out as soon as conditions were met (wife alone in party waiting in city / no other companions in party). After that I did multiple wait and reloads and nothing happened. I eventually moved on and figured I had reached some limit, while my brother popped out like 6-7 kids in he meantime.
Your comment made me wonder if we actually know for sure the code/mechanism behind the whole procreation process. Has that been verified in the code or is it purely anecdotal? If it has indeed been verified, would you care to clarify to me the requisites? "Alone in party" sounded contradictory. Not too long (months) ago I used to be able to pump a baby by just having my wife in my party and waiting for 2-5 days in a settlement. This time around (I took a pause from Bannerlord) I've tried the same but haven't had any luck even after waiting for like 30 days.

Your comment made me wonder if we actually know for sure the code/mechanism behind the whole procreation process. Has that been verified in the code or is it purely anecdotal? If it has indeed been verified, would you care to clarify to me the requisites? "Alone in party" sounded contradictory. Not too long (months) ago I used to be able to pump a baby by just having my wife in my party and waiting for 2-5 days in a settlement. This time around (I took a pause from Bannerlord) I've tried the same but haven't had any luck even after waiting for like 30 days.
Again can't recall the thread, but there's been some discussion that both being in the party is currently bugged, and you should deposit your partner in the settlement while your party waits there.

Again can't recall the thread, but there's been some discussion that both being in the party is currently bugged, and you should deposit your partner in the settlement while your party waits there.

The problem is that they'll wander off to random cities within your faction, making you have to ride off to gather them up like missing sheep. Iritating.

The problem is that they'll wander off to random cities within your faction, making you have to ride off to gather them up like missing sheep. Iritating.
Yeah, they do at times. Most convenient way is if you use your partner as a governor, to stay at their settlement every now and then.

Yeah, they do at times. Most convenient way is if you use your partner as a governor, to stay at their settlement every now and then.
another issue is wife have a possibility to die in child birth, you have to save and load if that happen

I understand that's realistic, but that's annoying to find another wife.
and give birth, and wait 18 years until your kids grow up, and this 18 years lots' of your family can die

i don’t have the code. That’s just what’s been working for me, based off what I’ve read in other threads. Having your wife as the only companion in the party would result in pregnancy while waiting in town within 2-3 days.

I searched because it wasn’t happening for me, and it turns out other companions in the party were cockblocking me. So I dumped them in the keep, and wife became pregnant almost immediately for the first 3 times I did this on 1.5.7. Then after 3 she stopped.

@SadShogun is it the truth?
There is no such limit as I know of. There is a modifier that drastically reduces the chance of pregnancy for the mother every time she gives birth to a child but no hard limit in terms of children count.

Roughly speaking if the chance of having the 3rd child is 1, the chance of having the 4th child is 0.44. However do not forget as the wife ages, the chance also diminishes linearly by age, becoming 0 around ~40. If the chance of an 18-year-old wife becoming pregnant is 1. When she becomes 30 years old, this chance becomes 0.5.
Though you have to multiply the modifiers to arrive at the chance.

It is hard to have more than 3-4 children, but not impossible.

There is no such limit as I know of. There is a modifier that drastically reduces the chance of pregnancy for the mother every time she gives birth to a child but no hard limit in terms of children count.

Roughly speaking if the chance of having the 3rd child is 1, the chance of having the 4th child is 0.44. However do not forget as the wife ages, the chance also diminishes linearly by age, becoming 0 around ~40. If the chance of an 18-year-old wife becoming pregnant is 1. When she becomes 30 years old, this chance becomes 0.5.

So does that mean a new wife would reset the child count modifier? I had though in past versions it was linked to main character, but I always played a female character, so maybe I mistook it. Thank you for your explanations!

do you plan to add a romance option to chose when we want to have a children, rather than your wife getting randomly pregnant?

Back
Top Bottom