Is there a chance for a tiny little patch against the university bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

PVal

Regular
First of all I would like to mention, that even with all the shiny new stuff what Warband and its mods can offer, this mod is my all time favorite (or maybe sharing the first place with TLD).

This is one of the very few (actually, 2) mods which really provide a new gameplay experience. Having played a lot of mods, most of them of very high quality, I still have the feeling that they change the visuals, change the clothes, change some statistics, but I basically play the same game. Not so with Sword of Damocles, which is a new game on its own.

Having said this, there is a game breaking bug which actually prevents me from playing it further than around mid-game: the university bug (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=284567.0)

As other kingdoms also start upgrading their towns, even if I don't build any universities, sooner or later all towns I conquer will have a university. And then everyone declares war on me.

I understand that developing this mod is very hard, and that the developers are busy elsewhere, but could please anyone make just this tiny little patch which either fixes the university or removes it from the game? This bug makes this wonderful mode actually unplayable without cheating or heavy save-scumming! I enjoy playing a "semi-realistic" game, in that I don't savescum at every defeat or Pyhrric victory, just in very very dire situations. After the effects of the university bug become significant, I see no other way to proceed but by very careful savescumming, which would destroy the enjoyment of the game.

I assume this fix (or the removal of the university upgrade) would not be a time-consuming one.

By the way, the mediafire links on the main page seem to be expired.

Computica said:
I'll fix it but it'll be a while before I can release something.

Thank you for the promising answer!

Until then, isn't there a quick and easy workaround, like changing a single line in one of the text files just for this one single bug? So we can play it before you will have the time to release a big, full version?

I would try it myself but I'm afraid the mod is large and complicated enough and I will probably just introduce more bugs by trying to reverse-engineer how it works.

Seconded that this bug is annoying as crap. With it, you have no reason to play nice. It's just 'You'll never like me, so might as well scourge the lands with fire and death'.

Also, slightly related question, is the chance of Lords joining you tied to your Bad-boy rating?

I must agree with the OP. This was the first mod I played about 4 years ago, and found it amazing, so well thought out. Bad boy was very hard to cope with, so I would also play again if the game was tweaked a bit  :cool:

Lilly112 said:
Seconded that this bug is annoying as crap. With it, you have no reason to play nice. It's just 'You'll never like me, so might as well scourge the lands with fire and death'.

Also, slightly related question, is the chance of Lords joining you tied to your Bad-boy rating?
I believe so; it has been a while since I've needed to dive my head into it though.

Computica said:
Lilly112 said:

I believe so; it has been a while since I've needed to dive my head into it though.

So, Universe bug takes away the chance of any Lord every joining you. Which, kinda sucks really.

Lilly112 said:
Computica said:
Lilly112 said:

So, Universe bug takes away the chance of any Lord every joining you. Which, kinda sucks really.
Nop, this is original MB. You recruit lords from camp menu. Bug only kills chance for getting peace with anyone :sad:

Is there a new version, with new features and bugfixes planned?

If not, we would greatly appreciate a patch (or re-release) which does absolutely nothing else but removes the university from the game (or fixes its effect). I know the author is very busy, but I guess just disabling a single building type and not changing anything else, would not take so much time. Certainly much less time then releasing a new major version.

Back
Top Bottom