Is the smith guy on vacation, it has been almost a year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly when the desicion making people thinks: 'this is not an strategy game, the player should no worry about clan/kingdom's goals, the AI should decide it', then the performence of the team is the lastest problem.

So, it seems that they forgot when the original M&B was released the player couldn't create a kingdom himself and it was the most wanted feature by far... it's like they haven't understood the things that make their own games popular.

If the teams takes 2 or 3 weeks/months to finish something means nothing if the finshed product is just a reflection of what it should be. I just can not understood ...

Warband leveling was crap because it depended entirely on killing stuff. So you pick a glaive, get in a big siege as a defender and simply start chopping heads. And by doing just that, you can learn how to use a bow, how to ride a horse, or even treat wounds or build siege engines.

As imperfect as Bannerlord leveling is, at least you need to do stuff in order to get better at it.
To be clear I'm not talking about how you acquired xp I'm talking about how the system was laid out. It was far from perfect but it was pretty straightforward but BL leveling system is confusing. It's overly complicated and is poorly thought out. It's pretty clear that it wasn't anywhere close to being complete by the start of ea and even now it's still too grindy and has perks that either have almost no effect on game play or have no use for the player.

Let's remember that :
- World of Warcraft was developped over about 4-6 years by a team of roughly 30-35 people.
- No Man's Sky started its development after Bannerlord, and managed to finish it, release it, and then patch/improve it to reach its initial commitments and more, with a total of 11 people.
So yeah.
Here is a picture from Hello Games (No man sky) when they´ve showed their gold master before the release, I see more than 11 people on the picture:

CmyXY4jWcAAt9J5.jpg:large

BTW, that also got support from Sony.

You should never use the development/release of No Mans Sky as a good example. What they did was to fix the totally broken/incomplete mess after they´ve released it. But it also took them some time, but the release version was pretty bad.

Check the Youtube video from the internet historican about No Mans Sky, it´s really good and shows what went wrong with the game and how they fixed it.

First of all when im smelting tier >5 sword i want to get some decent blueprints for swords, not a fork head or branch handle ffs. And smithing stamina should replenish all the time but slower than sitting in settlement. I dont think anybody likes to sit and do nothing especially when your character gets fatter by waiting in a settlement and you cant reverse this in current version of the game, like one dev said.

To be clear I'm not talking about how you acquired xp I'm talking about how the system was laid out. It was far from perfect but it was pretty straightforward but BL leveling system is confusing. It's overly complicated and is poorly thought out. It's pretty clear that it wasn't anywhere close to being complete by the start of ea and even now it's still too grindy and has perks that either have almost no effect on game play or have no use for the player.
Sure, I can agree with that. I just think the Bannerlord system has far more potential and is better in essence, it just needs some work, well, like a lot of other things so far.

Sure, I can agree with that. I just think the Bannerlord system has far more potential and is better in essence, it just needs some work, well, like a lot of other things so far.
I'll quote my old football coach "potential doesn't mean **** if you don't do anything with it". Atm we have a lot of systems that have potential but we've yet to see any good results.
You can have 1K vs 1K battles but they're is almost no strategy involved and they're over in 5-10 minutes. You can have visually cool sieges but the ai bugs out constantly because of pathing. You can become a king and rule Calradia, but you can't actually decide who to attack or even who to go to war with. You can run a clan with 7+ parties but you have zero control over how they act or even where they patrol.

I'll quote my old football coach "potential doesn't mean **** if you don't do anything with it". Atm we have a lot of systems that have potential but we've yet to see any good results.
You can have 1K vs 1K battles but they're is almost no strategy involved and they're over in 5-10 minutes. You can have visually cool sieges but the ai bugs out constantly because of pathing. You can become a king and rule Calradia, but you can't actually decide who to attack or even who to go to war with. You can run a clan with 7+ parties but you have zero control over how they act or even where they patrol.
+1. 1 or 2 months from planned released. F*ck potential. I want to see demonstration.

The game's loaded with potential. Too bad none of it has been realized up to this point.

Seriously, can someone name one single system in the game that could be described as finished and ready to ship? From what I can see every area of the game still has serious flaws and needs a ton of polish before its ready. You'd think by this time they'd be able to start checking things off the list, but all of it still needs lots of work. All we've got is potential.

I honestly believe the smithing Dev could have left 6 months ago and the rest of the team not have noticed.

I honestly believe the smithing Dev could have left 6 months ago and the rest of the team not have noticed.
– Hold on a mintue now, where's Göken?
– I thought he quit...
– What do you mean?
– He literally hasn't been here for the last eight months. You haven't noticed?
– *Shrugs*

Inappropriate behavior (advocating violence)
Honestly when the desicion making people thinks: 'this is not an strategy game, the player should no worry about clan/kingdom's goals, the AI should decide it', then the performence of the team is the lastest problem.

So, it seems that they forgot when the original M&B was released the player couldn't create a kingdom himself and it was the most wanted feature by far... it's like they haven't understood the things that make their own games popular.

If the teams takes 2 or 3 weeks/months to finish something means nothing if the finshed product is just a reflection of what it should be. I just can not understood ...

You've got it right my friend. Whoever is calling the shots for the game needs to be -kindly asked to improve-. They have more than enough resources to make a good game but they've just gone and squandered it with their wishy washy approach.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exactly. Every system is just a placeholder. And it's not like it'll take alot of effort to put into play as evidenced by some of the great mods out there.

You've got it right my friend. Whoever is calling the shots for the game needs to be -kindly asked to improve-. They have more than enough resources to make a good game but they've just gone and squandered it with their wishy washy approach.
Coincidentally, that's also "the smithing guy" who no-lifed the last few days before EA launch to finish the first iteration of the system after announcing it wouldn't make it for initial EA. Did it feel rushed? Of course it did, it literally was. It's also not a critical feature of the game, so there are other priorities. The alternative was another empty hole where a promised/advertised feature should be, and of course there would have been complaints about that. It'll get another pass eventually.

In the meantime, calling for violence against anyone--even in jest--is a no-go on this forum. I hope you won't require another pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coincidentally, that's also "the smithing guy" who no-lifed the last few days before EA launch to finish the first iteration of the system after announcing it wouldn't make it for initial EA. Did it feel rushed? Of course it did, it literally was. It's also not a critical feature of the game, so there are other priorities. The alternative was another empty hole where a promised/advertised feature should be, and of course there would have been complaints about that. It'll get another pass eventually.

In the meantime, calling for violence against anyone--even in jest--is a no-go on this forum. I hope you won't require another pass.
I was silently thinking after seeing that being written that he would get banned, but I see that was muted instead. Ya that was a bit much. Thank you for still working hard on the game, and I do hope for a better system in the future. Personally I am not in a hurry for a better smithing system, my utmost priority is character progression in general (leveling system and side activities in the world).

I wish to ask if such things will be improved or are prioritized in a way?

Am very curious about the next patch and when it comes, I feel like I'm obsessing over the forum just refreshing and waiting because am so curious. Any clues if we will receive patch this week, or what will it include?

So the smithing system was rushed into the game to make it into early access? Interesting.

So the smithing system was rushed into the game to make it into early access? Interesting.
I think many features were rushed, because they initially didn't want to release in early acess. If you go to bannerlord perks site and look at version 1.3.0, smithing is one of the few perk trees that actually had working perks, so I imagine they wanted at least one bigger/unique feature to work. The players did all take on smithing at the beginning of development I'm sure, since it was a new feature since warband, so I do see how it was more of a priority then. But now it's not as big of a priority because we do have a system, it's just not a final one, and people are already having different playstyles anyway (some want to be traders and ask for trading improvements, some want bandit playthroughs so we ask for roguery perks and exp balancing, some want smithing still as you can see on this post, etc). So yeah it makes sense for certain playstyles to not be top priority, especially when they require a big rework like smithing does. Some others, like roguery, I would argue that are easier to balance though, and all it needs is the implementation of the "no-defection" perk right now. Other than that, general leveling balancing so it's easier to attain high-end perks is really necessary imo, for every and any playstyle.

Just to reaffirm, forum moderators aren't part of TaleWorlds development team, nor their employees of any kind, so we won't neccessarily have all the inside answers.

Yes. For those that weren't here to see it and for those who simply forgot, weapon crafting was stated to not be ready for EA so it was not going to be accessible. Seeing it there and in a functional state (though definitely not an ideal one) was a surprise for us who were looking forward to it and were disappointed by the previous announcement.

Like so many things in the game, I--personally--think there's still a ton of work that needs to be done (and some design decisions to reconsider) to get the feature to a state where it meets reasonable expectations. If the current state of the game is indicative of their standards for coming out of early access in the first half of this year, then I'll probably continue being disappointed for a long while yet. That's on me. What's on TW is to reach the milestones they've set for themselves, listen to their players, and turn that feedback into solutions for the biggest gripes the community has.

Yes. For those that weren't here to see it and for those who simply forgot, weapon crafting was stated to not be ready for EA so it was not going to be accessible. Seeing it there and in a functional state (though definitely not an ideal one) was a surprise for us who were looking forward to it and were disappointed by the previous announcement.

Like so many things in the game, I--personally--think there's still a ton of work that needs to be done (and some design decisions to reconsider) to get the feature to a state where it meets reasonable expectations. If the current state of the game is indicative of their standards for coming out of early access in the first half of this year, then I'll probably continue being disappointed for a long while yet. That's on me. What's on TW is to reach the milestones they've set for themselves, listen to their players, and turn that feedback into solutions for the biggest gripes the community has.
Fully agree.

Back
Top Bottom