Is the smith guy on vacation, it has been almost a year?

Users who are viewing this thread

/delete bannerlord skills/perks/leveling
/copy+paste warband skills/leveling
Tuh Duh!

The game wont start now but it's an improvement
I felt like WB leveling needed to be streamlined and simplify a bit but otherwise it worked, and for the life of me I can't understand why TW decided to scrap it and go with what they have now.

They said some months ago they are reworking the whole system because it´s broken as f***

But to be fair, we are still lacking the banners, they also said a few weeks after release that they will add them, and here are we now :smile: .
Let me guess it'll be done about the same time as ai pathing in sieges is fixed.

I felt like WB leveling needed to be streamlined and simplify a bit but otherwise it worked, and for the life of me I can't understand why TW decided to scrap it and go with what they have now.
I think they HAD a good idea for a more open, interesting system, but they didn't finish it in time for EA so it got a bunch of untested weird mechanics stuffed into it and out the door it went. Now it's been entangled with mechanics that effect the rest of the game though, so it's gonna need some tlc to de-**** it. Removing the "level up =learning down" and just cranking up the formulas for the slower skills would go a long way though. I also think we need more attributes, as it is you can specialize in just 1 group and I think that's too petty for such a long game.

I guess we can cross Armorsmithing off the wishlist?
I don't think it was ever an advertised feature so I can't blame them. Just weaponsmithing is fine, armorsmithing (if we're talking about being able to change the visuals of your armor, not just the stats) would be a much more complex and difficult system to implement for the amount of benefit it would offer to most players, and I'd prefer that effort goes into them working on accomplishing the obligations they're already failing to meet.

How long does it take a 90 person company to do this?
To be fair, they probably used to be a 90 person company and now the interns have moved on they are smaller. The development team was 25-30 (?) people at most and now they are fewer, judging by the 6 job vacancies (there were 8 recently, so they ARE hiring people for Bannerlord; or gave up on those two positions, who knows?).
The rest of the staff is also productively employed by:
- counting all the EA gold
- not getting a SA server
- not communicating with the angry mob here
- working on the unannounced sci-fi project (they removed the sci-fi part requirement after being outed), Mount and Blade 2077

Just kidding, give them a break. But only a small one.

I very much prefer the levelling system of Bannerlord. Problem is that it doesn't work...
I was really excited for it based on the initial description they gave in gamescon interviews "you use the skill to develop it, the more FP the faster it develops, you must have at least 1 focus point to learn the skill." It sounded really intuitive and flexible, but what we got is neither.

To be fair, they probably used to be a 90 person company and now the interns have moved on they are smaller. The development team was 25-30 (?) people at most and now they are fewer, judging by the 6 job vacancies (there were 8 recently, so they ARE hiring people for Bannerlord; or gave up on those two positions, who knows?).
The rest of the staff is also productively employed by:
- counting all the EA gold
- not getting a SA server
- not communicating with the angry mob here
- working on the unannounced sci-fi project (they removed the sci-fi part requirement after being outed), Mount and Blade 2077

Just kidding, give them a break. But only a small one.
You forgot working on the console port...

Warband leveling was crap because it depended entirely on killing stuff. So you pick a glaive, get in a big siege as a defender and simply start chopping heads. And by doing just that, you can learn how to use a bow, how to ride a horse, or even treat wounds or build siege engines.

As imperfect as Bannerlord leveling is, at least you need to do stuff in order to get better at it.

Warband leveling was crap because it depended entirely on killing stuff. So you pick a glaive, get in a big siege as a defender and simply start chopping heads. And by doing just that, you can learn how to use a bow, how to ride a horse, or even treat wounds or build siege engines.

As imperfect as Bannerlord leveling is, at least you need to do stuff in order to get better at it.
+1 to this, Bannerlord's leveling system could be implemented better but the general idea is good, and an improvement on Warband.

To be fair, they probably used to be a 90 person company and now the interns have moved on they are smaller. The development team was 25-30 (?) people at most and now they are fewer,
Let's remember that :
- World of Warcraft was developped over about 4-6 years by a team of roughly 30-35 people.
- No Man's Sky started its development after Bannerlord, and managed to finish it, release it, and then patch/improve it to reach its initial commitments and more, with a total of 11 people.
So yeah.

Back
Top Bottom