Is the roleplay gone?

Users who are viewing this thread

In advance I'm sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

When I entered a server for the first time since a year or so I was just dissapointed. Tried it a few times more but didn't find any people that roleplayed. Wars, 500 gold or die & admins stopping you every time you kill. I had to explain an admin what's the difference between OOC and IC when I asked the guy how did he know my name and in the end got told it's not a HCRP server. What a nonsense.

I noticed that servers and their admins aren't friendly towards roleplaying, they just kill it with their rules and their maps. Current map "Normandy" or so hasn't got any good places to have some basic roleplay. Not sure if there's even a tavern or commoners town. It's made for faction wars and nothing else. I think the community has forgotten the real sense of PW. It's not all about being a knight, arming up, killing your faction enemies and taxing commoners - "serfs" grinding money to become a tincan. I think that all the scripts and addons are just helping players to avoid communication between each other.

Admins should try to introduce players to roleplay, estabilish it on their servers and upgrade it. It's just my opinion, but there's no reason to keep "RP" in your server name if you don't support the roleplay anyhow.

There are thousands of characters you can roleplay. Just give it a try once, make your own character in your mind and try to play it. It's really a lot of fun, like writing a story (not a good example, not for everyone) in-game. There are hundreds of things you can do.

My question is - is the roleplay gone, or it's just me being a pessimist?

You're misinterpreting some things and pinning it on a hatred of roleplay. The reason he knew your name was because it floats above your head ingame. There are currently a number of debates going on about changes to the scripts run on Nexus and other servers, changes that will likely benefit your idea of roleplay as a side effect. I strongly encourage you to participate.

If not, Nexus hosts a HCRP (hardcore roleplay) server that may suit your tastes better.

Splintert said:
You're misinterpreting some things and pinning it on a hatred of roleplay. The reason he knew your name was because it floats above your head ingame. There are currently a number of debates going on about changes to the scripts run on Nexus and other servers, changes that will likely benefit your idea of roleplay as a side effect. I strongly encourage you to participate.

If not, Nexus hosts a HCRP (hardcore roleplay) server that may suit your tastes better.

hcrp still ****

Splintert said:

I tried your HCRP server and:

A. Everybody is unwelcoming to new players, either dismissing questions or outright insulting them

B. New players are excluded from the community, people avoiding RP and whatnot

C. There is nothing to do but grind away as a serf. Wars cannot happen even with RP reasons, nobody interacts with eachother outside of their cliques or group of friends.

D. The RP in general is weird and/or bad. I think the only time I interacted with someone out of the blue was when I was riding in a forest and a guy asked what I was doing there. As soon as I told him I was just passing through, he said "okay" and rode away.

I've tried to RP and my friends and I have done whatever diplomacy we can, but even as tensions rose between our neighbors, we cannot do anything but give angry looks at them in between shifts of slaving away as a serf.

I've actually never logged onto Nexus's NCRP so I can't tell you anything about the quality, but I can point some things out about the above:

A - A result of having an extremely closed community, with hostile attitudes towards the rest of the players.

B - Same as above

C - That's what feudal life is, sustenance farming :smile:

D - That's what you get when you mix the modern idea of feudal life (game of thrones crap) with young players who don't know a thing about life much less medieval life.

I think your problems arise moreso from the fact that it's a HCRP server with a very small, tight community of relatively immature players rather than anything Nexus did wrong. That's kinda been how "RP" always has been throughout PW, a small group of tightly knit people who pretend to have sex with each other 3 times an hour.

Alternate "roleplay" environments include some non-PW roleplay mods, but I don't know which ones are still around or if they're around at all.

I didn't have any hardcore roleplay in my mind. I was thinking that some before you could easily find people who nicely roleplayed farmers, tavern keepers, guards, assasins, serfs, priests, pirates and much more. It's not any hardcore roleplay, just simple, enjoyable. Instead of fighting you could do a lot. Now fighting is the only thing left.

You are completely right. During my time as administrating, barely other administrators were on, I spent a lot of days dealing with over 70 people. People never roleplayed, they just ran around and took any reason to kill someone. And the second Town watch was opened, all of the commoners wanted to revolt for no reason. People got into huge troll groups and killed anybody with armor just a little better than light armor. But I am done with PW. I got removed from admin because I didn't attend the meetings. I'm glad to be honest. I rarely got help and trolls were everywhere. You can say i'm just whining and ranting, but it's the truth and it's everything I've experienced.

I do not want to be to bias but I got to say what I will say..sry...

RP sucks in the most simple way to describe it. is it really? nop..Rp is the great idea, like great idea is to have everybody happy in this world. Great but impossible to be introduced to greater audience. World is unfair, life is unfair. There is no way to valuate RP game to keep players satisfied.

Question: what we need from a game? 

I leave you with that for now.

It is because of Lannisters. They are just robbing people and buy heavy armors. And other kingdoms' soldiers must buy heavy armors like them so no more travelers&priests.

Back
Top Bottom