Is the game unstable just for me or is it a universal issue? (1.7.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

xdj1nn

Knight at Arms
I've been back for nearly a month trying to squeeze some fun out of BL while also having a look at the changes from 2020 towards now, but the thing I'm noticing the most is lack of changes to the base experience while massively unstable engine / run. It runs smoothly with any settings, but it crashes all the effing time inconsistently (meaning it's impossible to properly track the reason). What is consistent is that such crashes happen with the msg for "OH I'M CRASHING" but the game doesn't actually crash, it remains running until it decides to close itself, always when switching scenes.

At first I suspected mods, but mods can't be the culprit since none of them change in-scene stuff, unless stats cause crashes. Other types of crashes caused by MODS exclusively were all not CTDing but freezing the game instead.

How on earth do TW call this mess a stable version? There's absolutely no stability to be found.

Another disgusting glitch I'm consistently getting are characters with holes in their faces in scenes and characters without faces or eye textures in the UI. What gives!?

ty, GL to us all!

Have you already made a bug report? I am also sending thoughts and prayers to you.

I had like zero crashes when "playing" 1.7.2. even with mods. According to Steam reviews the game is very good, issue must be on your end.

Last edited:
Have you already made a bug report? I am also sending thoughts and prayers to you.

I had like zero crashes when "playing" 1.7.2. even with mods. According to Steam reviews the game is very good, issue must be on your end.
wasn't asking for support, simply scouting to see if it's a common issue or not. Since it isn't I might do well to seek out support now.
Although through my personal experimenting, there's not much to do on fixing it other than reviewing my mod list or forcing myself to play the boring arse vanilla until day 700 to see if the instability builds up for me too without mods... A very boring and taxing task if you ask me, maybe I won't even bother trying, if I'm to remove mods I'll just move to the beta build.

Yes, it´s kind of sad that a player needs like X mods to make the game playable but the most important mods get updated frequently.

Even the not so imporant ones like Dismemberment+.

Vanilla 1.7.2 (+necassary mods like RBM) is running, technically, fine.

I get these problems sometimes both modded and unmodded, so I don't know if it's related to anything in particular. I also go long gameplays without them too and have weird bugs like red eyes come up suddenly after no having them for over a month.

Back
Top Bottom