Is the game considered done?

Users who are viewing this thread

TW has no incentive to finish the developement of this trainwreck fast. Expect the full release in 2023.

Next patch comes when it comes, not this week, maybe next week? Maybe in 3 weeks? Who knows?

At least the next patch seems to be no ****show like 1.7.1/1.7.2 and will offer something major unless TW totally ****ed up. So I guess one of those features might be added:

- Claimaints (my bet is on this)
- Banners
- Cutscenes (which is fine but won´t add really anything to the gameplay)
- 8k sheep texture (TWs goal must be to create the best sheep texture the world of video games have ever seen!)

And of course some usual minor stuff:

- useless armor changes here and there that won´t do **** anyway (piece X +2 body armor, piece Y -3,548 leg armor)
- bug fixes that never occured to me once
- 3 new scenes where you can´t do anything
- 2 new battle maps
- 1 new fetch quest
- new bugs added
- Legionarys aren´t allowed to use their 1h weapon anymore but can now throw their pilum again to balance it out

Been there, done that...

Last edited:
If you are waiting for game to be released to start a campaign, you might just delay it until total conversion mods show up because appearently this game is done. Yet, patches still keep screwing each other despite they dont contain any improvement at all

Gotta get yourself a cryostasis or something to live long enough to see a full release. But I don't think it would help if your aim is to see some meaningful changes.

- 8k sheep texture (TWs goal must be to create the best sheep texture the world of video games have ever seen!)
I don't understand why everyone is focused on the sheep texture!!! I care less about the sheep texture, the sheep texture means nothing to me, the sheep texture brings nothing to the game play!!!

Goat texture on the other hand is the bomb!
The game will be nothing without goat texture. Goat texture is more refined, goat texture means sophistication, goat texture has the "je ne sais quoi" people talk about!

So forget about the whole sheep texture farce and demand goat texture instead!

What's going on with the development? I really want to start a new game but have been waiting for the next patch wich never comes.
Same, some of the mods I would like to require 1.7.2, and since I also play MP I don't want to play the beta branch.

I have a feeling it's coming this month though, but that's speculation on my end.
Full release is probably closer to the end of the year, which is speculation (again).

I mean they have been patching fixes for a long time now, since we've not heard anything else i must assume they are finishing it up, the game is not ready to be finished up at all, needs atleast 2-3 more years in the oven.

Never Early Access again, just stick to kickstarter and patreon and let people play it when it's finished with some video updates. Having to patch and update a game that is released is much slower, EA has done no favours for the modding community since it died down a long time ago, i'm a believer of playing a game when it's complete and EA has not changed my mind, if anything it has made it stronger.

What's going on with the development? I really want to start a new game but have been waiting for the next patch wich never comes.

We are getting closer but we still have some work left to do, that's for sure! We just released e1.7.2 today so now might be a good time to jump in and start a new campaign, but unfortunately, you will have to wait a little longer before the next beta version is ready.

We are getting closer but we still have some work left to do, that's for sure! We just released e1.7.2 today so now might be a good time to jump in and start a new campaign, but unfortunately, you will have to wait a little longer before the next beta version is ready.

Nice, will do! Thanks for reply.

What's wrong with a game that has ongoing and indefinite iteration cycles?

It worked for Minecraft for a decade. It started out very lowbrow, with an empty world devoid of life... but has ended up full of life.

I'm happy for the development to remain TBC. It keeps the game fresh.

It worked for Minecraft for a decade. It started out very lowbrow, with an empty world devoid of life... but has ended up full of life.

Agreed

Honestly what worries me if that they do release the game and leave it at that

I wasnt there almost a year.

And it is so sad too see that main problems still there.

1) braindead AI
2) awful reinforcment system that punish atacking and rewarding camping
2) moshpits melee fights that last 30 seconds
3) armor does nothing
4) spears are garbage
5) boring quests and no end game

1) braindead AI
What part of AI are you referring to? Campaign, mission, combat? Could you describe any specific situation?
2) awful reinforcment system that punish atacking and rewarding camping
An improved reinforcement system that prevents enemies spawning on top of your troops will come out with a future patch.
2) moshpits melee fights that last 30 seconds
3) armor does nothing
Likewise, we will be rolling out changes related to armour - making it more effective.
4) spears are garbage
5) boring quests and no end game
Could you please expand on these two points as well?

You can also take a look at our recent Statement regarding Singleplayer for more details on what we're currently working on.

What part of AI are you referring to? Campaign, mission, combat? Could you describe any specific situation?
Campaign AI, in army especialy. Make army, ran around for 2 weeks. Siege something and disband army. It feels like waste of your life.
About battle AI i didnt play a battle with tons of lords yet, but my friend told me that AI is still doing something like this.

Could you please expand on these two points as well?
Something to do exept painting the map.

For example in Prophesy of Pendor it was hunting invader armies for cool reward, playing Noldor tournaments, making your own knight order, pushing the main quest, farming Noldor\Jatu for cool loot.

An improved reinforcement system that prevents enemies spawning on top of your troops will come out with a future patch.

Likewise, we will be rolling out changes related to armour - making it more effective.
Glad to hear that.
You can also take a look at our recent Statement regarding Singleplayer for more details on what we're currently working on.
Sounds cool

Last edited:
They want to sell DLC; so they will need to keep updating it regardless. Even after release this game will continue to be updated for a long time.
Updated with new content yes, but would they update it in the way core fans want? Not really.
When they released Warband after the vanilla Mount and Blade, they had the opportunity to make changes that people wanted too and were in almost every mod that was played at the time.
What did they add? The ability for the player to make his own kingdom, admittedly a complex feature, but every mod had it already. The many other features that were popular in mods (like diplomacy) were ignored, as if they didn't know what makes their game fun.
Their obstinacy about adding heavily requested features to Bannerlord (also already done and playtested by popular mods) is just more of the same mindset. They are hopeless.

I mean, people need to lower their expectations according to future plans and statement regarding single&multi threads. Other than what they said only stays as fan chat. It is nice to suggest features or something else, but some people try to force their will into the game that they have very very little effect.

Back
Top Bottom